Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Riva10 wrote: »
    Its a taxi. Need I say more? ;)

Good to see him take the racing line!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Irish Taxi drivers; disproving the theory that practice makes perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Cerco wrote: »
    Driver and passenger very calm throughout incident. ^^^^^^
    Must have a forward facing cam in the rear. Anybody else using one?

Don't know about calm!?
    Kinda solemn knowing they had to get out and hope the deer died instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

GreeBo wrote: »
    tbh thats looks to me like you parked badly, leaving only 3/4 of a space in front of you.
    Either leave a full space or park in the first space.
    One of the thing that really annoys me with on street parking, if you are parking first, park to the line dammit!

I get you and all that......
    But he shoulda just f%*@#d off and not do what he did.
    He was quite lucky I had room behind me to be fair?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

h3000 wrote: »

Unreal.

I'm still angry though because he still tried to merge so many times even though it was a police van. Clearly didn't learn anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

does any one to edit a youtube viedo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Truck driver reactions are superb here. Norway in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I know plenty of people who couldn’t stop a car that quickly. Bravo Mr/Ms Trucker. Pretty evident that he wasn’t texting or on Facebook unlike a growing number of drivers on our roads.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

There's a lot to be said in favour of the system in the US...

The driver of any vehicle may not overtake or pass, from either direction, a school bus that has stopped and is displaying flashing red lights. This does not apply to vehicles traveling on the opposite side of a divided highway.

The children in that video were woefully uneducated on the proper procedure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I don't know about having to stop but he was driving way too fast.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yeah! And his wheel-nuts weren't tightened correctly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Bravo to the truck driver? for honking the horn too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Bravo to the truck driver? for honking the horn too.

No.The children or any passenger should wait on the footpath/side of the road until the bus pulls away and then cross.

Regardless of weather it's the front or rear of the bus,a pedestrians view would be compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I wonder did this have anything to do with the reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

He shouldve floored it and taught the other kids the consequences.

Some stop in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

As you can see Im driving at what must be 200km/h
    after the overtake I come across a silly Dog.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Kid's reaction in the truck video was great as well, trying to outrun a stopping truck instead of trying to climb over the barrier.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jimbis wrote: »
    I wonder did this have anything to do with the reactions.

That was my first thought when I saw that video too. But this system seems to be specifically for stopping the truck from running into the back of cars, I wonder if it is for pedestrians too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I hope he had no shock or tilt watch stickers on his load. That stop would have triggered them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

That was my first thought when I saw that video too. But this system seems to be specifically for stopping the truck from running into the back of cars, I wonder if it is for pedestrians too?

Was wondering that myself, if it was their system that kicked in and I was Volvo I'd be jumping on top of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

inforfun wrote: »
    Kid's reaction in the truck video was great as well, trying to outrun a stopping truck instead of trying to climb over the barrier.

If he hadn't he would still have been hit. Because of the direction of his run he gave the truck about the length of the tractor unit extra braking distance. The difference between a very close shave and a tragic road accident!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I think she had an imaginary trailer.

The driver asked me to move back, I only had around 6" before a kerb, but i moved back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. I got annoyed just watching their first attempt and had to stop the vid.

Did she manage to redraw the laws of physics and park the massive car in the tiny space in the end?

Edit: couldn’t help meself. Please tell me you made it clear you were pissing yourself laughing at her as she got out. She needed to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

oleras wrote: »

The driver asked me to move back, I only had around 6" before a kerb, but i moved back anyway.

[video]

Clearly deserved this soundtrack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭josip

oleras wrote: »

Trailer comment is brilliant. The directions all make sense if she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A chap commented on that Volvo truck video on Facebook, says that active monitoring and braking system has been an feature on that model since 2013 and reckons it was very likely to be fitted to that vehicle. To me it looks like an automatic system took over. If not, what a compliment to the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

endacl wrote: »
    Jaysus. I got annoyed just watching their first attempt and had to stop the vid.

Did she manage to redraw the laws of physics and park the massive car in the tiny space in the end?

Edit: couldn’t help meself. Please tell me you made it clear you were pissing yourself laughing at her as she got out. She needed to see that.
    what do you think? driving on a Provisional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

How fcuking stupid you have to be doing straight in parking when the only way you could do it is parallel parking. Drives me fcuking crazy when I see it. No wonder half the country has their bumper corners scratched to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

A chap commented on that Volvo truck video on Facebook, says that active monitoring and braking system has been an feature on that model since 2013 and reckons it was very likely to be fitted to that vehicle. To me it looks like an automatic system took over. If not, what a compliment to the driver.

It only came standard lately, the one in the Video did not have it as the sensor is at the bottom of the windscreen which is clearly seen in the Volvo demo Video but missing on the other one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement