Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebble Time Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Got mine on Friday. Very nice device. Looks much better in person than in pics online.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

art-thou-jealous.jpg

Yes. Yes I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

It's not perfect mind. The screen seems duller than it should be. It's my first pebble though, so it's hard to compare.

jcrowbar wrote: »
    It's not perfect mind. The screen seems duller than it should be. It's my first pebble though, so it's hard to compare.

I've read that alright. Early days for it anyway. Hoping firmware updates will improve the experience and features. The original pebble was much less capable than the one that exists now so hopefully they'll work on things like the brightness of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

jcrowbar wrote: »

Not really surprised about the screen as all the good looking pics are taken outside or in bright light. From the start I was spotting this so I'm ready for it not looking so awesome in real life day to day..

• Advertisement

Got email last night at 12:50 saying your time has shipped!

Had a look at the DHL website and it's already in Dublin so it could make it to me today!

:eek:

god's toy wrote: »
    Got email last night at 12:50 saying your time has shipped!

Had a look at the DHL website and it's already in Dublin so it could make it to me today!

:eek:

Is it yours black? Did you pay for the regular or express shipping?

pedatron wrote: »
    Is it yours black? Did you pay for the regular or express shipping?

Yep black and express.

With gurrier now. Can't wait!

Yep black and express.

With gurrier now. Can't wait!

Sweet! Lucky you! Keep us posted on how it goes!

My time has come. Oh yes!

https://instagram.com/p/3tqBBmi8tA/

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote:
    My time has come. Oh yes!

First impressions?

First impressions?

Feels a higher quality than what I was expecting!

The metal bezel and plastic back definitely give it something special beyond the first one.
    I dont feel I have to make the excuse of ''oh well you see it was the first smartwatch and kickstarter this, that yda yda yda..''

The screen look nice, I don't get what some people are saying about it being dark, I think the screen looks just like I thought any color e-paper screen would as it not meant to be lit up all the time, its not an LCD or AOLED.

Its fast at jumping into and around the menus with no lag but it's not the 60 FPS the promo vids made it out be, more like 30... but that's fine.

It looks frigging fantastic out in the light! Fine and readable indoors with good lighting.

The blacks are not as dark as the first pebble.

Putting the two side by side using black and white faces you can see the first gen looking a little darker but looking at the same watch face in clour looks a hell of a lot better than just 50 shades of black.

Over all I'm more than happy.

Edit a quick video of me jumping in to the face's

https://instagram.com/p/3uP65ZC8lw/

Shot indoors under kitchen lights.

Getting cross that I've no notification of dispatch yet! :(

Still nothing?

god's toy wrote:
    Still nothing?

Not a peep. From checking twitter, Instagram and YouTube there appears to be little to no red or white Pebble times out there yet. I actually changed my choice from black to red deadline day. Wasn't even pushed over colour as I have a strap so I'm cross with myself. I thought they'd be dispatching by backer number rather by colour. What can you do I guess.

You enjoying the watch so far anyway?

Well let hope it's sorted soon for ya.

Yep I have to say in almost every way it's better than the first one.

If I had to have a niggle it would be the first one having a blacker darker ink.

Can't think of anything really. Funny thing is some people have already said, How come your screen is always on, that not kill your battery? I said, ha! you should see it out in the sunlight!

Running day two now and has 80% battery so its looking good for the week long use as advertised.

:)

Well let hope it's sorted soon for ya.

Yep I have to say in almost every way it's better than the first one.

If I had to have a niggle it would be the first one having a blacker darker ink.

Can't think of anything really. Funny thing is some people have already said, How come your screen is always on, that not kill your battery? I said, ha! you should see it out in the sunlight!

Running day two now and has 80% battery so its looking good for the week long use as advertised.

:)

Mine can't come fast enough now! Good to hear you're enjoying it so far!

Still no sign. Anyone else get theirs?

Ah hear, that's bad. Is it just red bands or what?

Ah hear, that's bad. Is it just red bands or what?

Red casing as well. All I want is a dispatch to even know its on it's way. Not knowing if its even on the way is worse. I've heard of many people just getting them with no dispatch email. Sounds like the distribution centre is Shannon too! I'm worse than a child to wait! :p

• Advertisement

Red casing as well. All I want is a dispatch to even know its on it's way. Not knowing if its even on the way is worse. I've heard of many people just getting them with no dispatch email. Sounds like the distribution centre is Shannon too! I'm worse than a child to wait! :p

Let's hope its really soon. You have the patience of a saint!

On the battery front, I find some faces kill it super fast. It's interesting that the old black faces work perfectly and none of the color have the auto sleep (screen off) overnight like some of the old ones have. (This also still works on the new one)

Let's hope its really soon. You have the patience of a saint!

On the battery front, I find some faces kill it super fast. It's interesting that the old black faces work perfectly and none of the color have the auto sleep (screen off) overnight like some of the old ones have. (This also still works on the new one)

Some look great alright but I can imagine that they suck up the juice! Noticed the old faces making a reappearance alright! My favourite one I've seen is the pipboy from fallout! Just let me have it Pebble. Checked my kickstarter. I backed it on the 24th of February! That's a long ass time ago! :eek:

Dispatch notice! Sweet baby Jesus praise the lord!

Wait Pitboy you say? Me goes off to download!

But yep we'll done! Not too long now if its coming from Shannon.

Arrived this morning! Deeeeeelighted! Very happy so far. Love the animations and can't get over how good it looks outside in the sun. Must get researching the better apps and faces! The red colour is very nice. I was nervous about the tone of the red but I'm very happy with it!

Ah good to see it came safely and your happy with it!

Yea some nice faces and tons of the older ones. Let's hope they add more soon or at least have a standard of check box ticks going forward. Some are amazing but lack some core goodies.
    Deffo finding some ripping the battery but they tend to the the cooler ones ... Funny that.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

I got my Black Pebble Time on Monday and a Matte Black Gadget Wrap for the easily scratched bezel today.

It looks the biz :pac:

Jilm wrote: »
    I got my Black Pebble Time on Monday and a Matte Black Gadget Wrap for the easily scratched bezel today.

It looks the biz :pac:

Ah now. Pics or GTFO! :pac: I'm looking up the Hammer band on kickstarter atm but can't endure another long wait so will pick up something else. Where'd you get the wrap for the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I ordered mine at the weekend, how long is the back order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

Ah now. Pics or GTFO! :pac: I'm looking up the Hammer band on kickstarter atm but can't endure another long wait so will pick up something else. Where'd you get the wrap for the watch?
    My pebble looks like this one someone posted on reddit...
    http://imgur.com/wRYSJsT

Lots of pics & info on reddit...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/pebble

Gadget Wrap for the bezel skin (I went with matte black, $5 + $2 delivery)...
    http://www.gadgetwraps.com/devices/smart-watch/pebble-watch/pebble-time.html

I haven't decided on a strap, I'll see if any decent smart straps appear.

Advertisement