Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebble Time Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

This will outsell Apple Watch and Android wear.

The old one is great and this new colour e-ink screen looks amazing. It is already integrated with Android Wear notifications.

I want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I'm questioning their use of kickstarter as a store. They have the product, it's finished, they are now an established company with a large user and developer base (for wearables). This isn't what kickstarter is meant for, plus they'll have to pay kickstarters fee.

Interesting how kickstarter stated "we are not a store", but are happy to turn a blind eye when it'll net them a wad of cash.

I'm questioning their use of kickstarter as a store. They have the product, it's finished, they are now an established company with a large user and developer base (for wearables). This isn't what kickstarter is meant for, plus they'll have to pay kickstarters fee.

Interesting how kickstarter stated "we are not a store", but are happy to turn a blind eye when it'll net them a wad of cash.

There could be a sense of loyalty between Pebble and Kickstarted because the original was the largest kickstarter of its time. Its like them saying "Look, we're still a cool start-up"

More likely its a marketing decision to make both pebble and Kickstarter wads of cash. And it seems to be working.

nedd wrote: »
    There could be a sense of loyalty between Pebble and Kickstarted because the original was the largest kickstarter of its time. Its like them saying "Look, we're still a cool start-up"

More likely its a marketing decision to make both pebble and Kickstarter wads of cash. And it seems to be working.

I agree. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an agreement in place due to the amount of money involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

Aaaaaaaaaaaand they've went and announced the Time Steel. I'm pissed off after backing the time now. That gold one looks deadly! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

nedd wrote: »
    This will outsell Apple Watch and Android wear.

The old one is great and this new colour e-ink screen looks amazing. It is already integrated with Android Wear notifications.

I want one!

I'd doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

pedatron wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand they've went and announced the Time Steel. I'm pissed off after backing the time now. That gold one looks deadly! :(

You can log into kickstarter and update your offer/backing for the Time Steel.
    You wont lose your place (well July before delivery...)

The steel has an extra few days standby (up to 10) ...

54kroc wrote: »
    I'd doubt that.

It should outsell the apple watch, but it won't. If apple were doing pre-orders of their watch, you can bet that they'll at least double what Pebble does. It's not pebbles fault, it's apples brand reputation.

If apple were handing out bags with dog poop in it with an apple logo on it, you can bet there'd be queues around the corner from a day or two beforehand.

god's toy wrote: »
    You can log into kickstarter and update your offer/backing for the Time Steel.
    You wont lose your place (well July before delivery...)

The steel has an extra few days standby (up to 10) ...

Just spotted that now thanks! Dunno what to do really. I'd like the steel but don't wanna wait that long! Tough decision but still kinda a d*ck move by pebble in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It should outsell the apple watch, but it won't. If apple were doing pre-orders of their watch, you can bet that they'll at least double what Pebble does. It's not pebbles fault, it's apples brand reputation.

If apple were handing out bags with dog poop in it with an apple logo on it, you can bet there'd be queues around the corner from a day or two beforehand.

Spot on.
    If I had your etiquette that's what I would have posted.

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »
    Spot on.
    If I had your etiquette that's what I would have posted.

eloquence?
    OSI wrote: »
    Of course we couldn't have one thread in Android devices that mentioned Apple that didn't descend into slagging their users.

It's not so much slagging the users as praising the hype that apple manages to generate around very mediocre devices. They are the most valuable company in the world and you have to appreciate that, but it doesn't mean they make good products all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Hi,

I want to try and get the Pebble Time Steel but I have missed the kickstarter campaign. Any ideas as to what I need to do in order to get on?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to try and get the Pebble Time Steel but I have missed the kickstarter campaign. Any ideas as to what I need to do in order to get on?

Thanks

Wait until the official release in June/July and try to get one online. The Kickstarter was like a pre release sales event. One they stay shopping they will go on sale for real, but more expensive

Its time for pebble backers to receive the watch.

Soooo Anyone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

The video is cringe

god's toy wrote:
    Its time for pebble backers to receive the watch.

Have people even got dispatch emails? I haven't!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I wanted to get one but then decided against it and got the Sony SmartWatch 3. Better features and happy with it so far.

Have people even got dispatch emails? I haven't!

From what I read the watches bound for Europe are being sent from Ireland so we should be getting them first (unless you went with slow-mo post) Seen some more showing up on Instagram over the last few days.

I have looked at the Sony, Sammy and in all the other android watches out there and until I can have an always on screen that's visible indoors and outdoors with at least a few days running time between charging they wont be getting Time on my wrist. see what I did there?
    While some of them look really nice for sure, I don't need a watch running apps on it or a fancy LCD/OLED screen that's mostly always off or I can't see in daylight when it's on... I just need notifications mostly as the apps can run on my phone and I can see what I need to on the Pebble display.

I know the colour part of the screen wont be like an LCD/OLED but it will be better than the first pebble so that's a improvement.

Cant wait!

From what I read the watches bound for Europe are being sent from Ireland so we should be getting them first (unless you went with slow-mo post) Seen some more showing up on Instagram over the last few days.

I have looked at the Sony, Sammy and in all the other android watches out there and until I can have an always on screen that's visible indoors and outdoors with at least a few days running time between charging they wont be getting Time on my wrist. see what I did there?
    While some of them look really nice for sure, I don't need a watch running apps on it or a fancy LCD/OLED screen that's mostly always off or I can't see in daylight when it's on... I just need notifications mostly as the apps can run on my phone and I can see what I need to on the Pebble display.

I know the colour part of the screen wont be like an LCD/OLED but it will be better than the first pebble so that's a improvement.

Cant wait!

Kicking myself I went for regular delivery now. Reading up makes it sound like the european base for pebbles being delivered is Shannon. And I'm here like pleb waiting for mine from Asia! :(

Kicking myself I went for regular delivery now. Reading up makes it sound like the european base for pebbles being delivered is Shannon. And I'm here like pleb waiting for mine from Asia! :(

Could have already been sent. They say 4 weeks from there but it probably be faster.

Mine is via Gurrier so hope its fast!

• Advertisement

Could have already been sent. They say 4 weeks from there but it probably be faster.

Mine is via Gurrier so hope its fast!

Here's hoping!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Just a heads up lads, these left Shannon this evening bound for East Midlands. I saw hundreds of them in DHL cans.

Just a heads up lads, these left Shannon this evening bound for East Midlands. I saw hundreds of them in DHL cans.

Yep I know one person in Dublin with a confirmed email saying it's on the way!

Nothing for me ...yet.

Anyone that ordered white or red watches will be waiting longer than black. 24000 shipped from 57000 and none of those are white or red. :

Pebble claiming that 7000 colours along with more black are to be shipped next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I paid for expedited delivery but still haven't received it. Hoping to get it this week. I'm around 40k though so not too surprised.

I paid for expedited delivery but still haven't received it. Hoping to get it this week. I'm around 40k though so not too surprised.

Ive a friend that got in at the start of the kickstarter but picked the slow boat delivery where I got in 5 hours later but picked the faster one.
    He received an email to say it's on the way about 5 days ago but nothing for me yet.
    Be interesting to see if they arrive at the same time.

How do you find out what your backing number is actually? I haven't a clue at what stage I backed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

How do you find out what your backing number is actually? I haven't a clue at what stage I backed it!

I read a how-to a few weeks back on the Pebble Time Comments section on Kickstarter. Can't remember how exactly. Possibly in your portal, where you lock in your colour.

I read a how-to a few weeks back on the Pebble Time Comments section on Kickstarter. Can't remember how exactly. Possibly in your portal, where you lock in your colour.

Thanks a million. Don't know why I didn't google it in the first place. Interesting. I'm #15838 and have got absolutely no word on mine yet. I did order the red so that is going against me regarding speed of delivery.

• Advertisement

my number is in the 247xx here so may take a while...

Hurry up darn you!

Advertisement