Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW27 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Silva (liv)
    It's all about Peter Crouch this week :cool:

I sense a double bluff, or at least a hint of seriousness :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Di Maria (SUN)
    Roooooooney

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Cisse (AVL)
    mark my word's. watch walters for captain. .

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Silva (liv)
    No change for me. Capitán Kun y vice capitane Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Silva (liv)
    at the moment its on sanchez but I could easily switch to kun before the deadline,head wrecking stuff. A good captain pick will definitely make or break most this gw, i just hope i get through with limited damage so I can WC the following gw still top of my money leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Downing (CPL)
    ADM or Sanchez, hard to call what way this week will go . 12 players so I even have one on the bench ! should make up for a poor captain choice if it goes wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Unsure who to captain. I don't have Aguero but I brought Dzeko in. How likely would he be to get a full 90 mins, I'm thinking Bony may get on instead.

Other options are Sanchez, Ozil, Silva or Walters. I want to build up ground as took a -8 this week rather than field a 7 man team.

Anyone have an opinions? I'm very undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aguero (liv)
    Going to stick with Giroud. He missed some awful chances during the week but at least he was getting in the right positions I suppose. The odd exception aside, Arsenal play so much better with Giroud as their focal point. With such a tight race for those Champions League spots, I can't see Wenger dropping him after one bad game of late. He's arguably their most important player now.

Di Maria (SUN)
    No one fancying Rooney as captain no?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Cazorla (EVE)
    No one fancying Rooney as captain no?

The few that had him have already shipped him and most have more pressing concerns this week. If you have him he's a nice differential this week.

• Advertisement

Di Maria (SUN)
    amber69 wrote: »
    The few that had him have already shipped him and most have more pressing concerns this week. If you have him he's a nice differential this week.

I had a few bob spare so I brought him in for Defoe.

Reckon he'll be in midfield with Di Maria behind Falcao but Rooneys on pens so remain hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Cazorla (EVE)
    I had a few bob spare so I brought him in for Defoe.

Reckon he'll be in midfield with Di Maria behind Falcao but Rooneys on pens so remain hopeful

I reckon he'll be up top. LVG is under pressure this is a must win for him. It's where the fans want to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cazorla (EVE)
    Who voted Walters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Silva (liv)
    manual_man wrote: »
    Who voted Walters :p

I brought him in and I am slightly tempted by Walters. But on Aguero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Cazorla (EVE)
    Aguero or Sanchez, really can't decide :( someone convince me of picking one of them, PLEASE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cazorla (EVE)
    DVDM93 wrote: »
    Aguero or Sanchez, really can't decide :( someone convince me of picking one of them, PLEASE!!!!!

Easily Sanchez.

Aguero 11/10 to score in 90 mins Sanchez 5/6 and Sanchez obviously also has the advantage of an extra point for scoring and the chance to get a CS point. Aguero way down the pecking order this week imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Every ounce of me is saying Aguero but there is this little she-devil on my shoulder whispering....Diii Mariaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cazorla (EVE)
    Downing or Sanchez? Everyone is picking Sanchez so Downing could be a sneaky option.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sanchez or Aguero.

Arsenal aren't guaranteed to score the way their confidence will be, especially with Everton 3 DMs there.

Liverpool have no Lucas, and probably no Sakho.

City will score at least 2 IMO.

Aguero it is.

Cazorla (EVE)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Easily Sanchez.

Aguero 11/10 to score in 90 mins Sanchez 5/6 and Sanchez obviously also has the advantage of an extra point for scoring and the chance to get a CS point. Aguero way down the pecking order this week imo.

Good enough for me, thanks :) it's obvious but I woukdnt have thought of factoring in the CS point tbh.

I support Liverpool too so I can't really captain Aguero can I? :P

• Advertisement

Cazorla (EVE)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Sanchez or Aguero.

Arsenal aren't guaranteed to score the way their confidence will be, especially with Everton 3 DMs there.

Liverpool have no Lucas, and probably no Sakho.

City will score at least 2 IMO.

Aguero it is.

Arah fcuk ye lads :( making good points both sides. 12 mins 'til deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Aguero. It's on him. It's staying there, even if the devil Sanchez is tempting me!

Cazorla (EVE)
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Every ounce of me is saying Aguero but there is this little she-devil on my shoulder whispering....Diii Mariaaaaa

I have Di Maria too. I should just captain him to put myself out of my Aguero/Sanchez misery haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ozil (EVE)
    I put it on Cazorla. Was tempted too go with Wollshied for the clean sheet (hopefully) and the differential!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:

Odds aren't everything. Aguero in better form, on pens, and against a tired Liverpool team.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cazorla (EVE)
    On Sanchez. His home form is too good and Arsenal will want to bounce back straight away. I fear Kun tho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 mins,on Aguero but Sanchez is giving me the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:

Also,
    Those odds assume worst case scenario for the bookies, ie Sanchez starts up front (which he probably won't)
    Aguero will outscore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Silva (liv)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Aguero way down the pecking order this week imo.

Aguero is top of the pecking order every week when's he's fit imo. He can score well home or away against any opposition as he has consistently proven. Captaining him ahead of Sanchez this week. He's in better form and City will want to bounce back from Barca defeat and keep the pressure on Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cazorla (EVE)
    spock. wrote: »
    Odds aren't everything. Aguero in better form, on pens, and against a tired Liverpool team.

Well they represent a fairly accurate chance of each playing scoring which is obviously a key factor to consider when deciding on your captaincy and form, penalties and opposition are built into those odds. Only thing that would be misleading would be that Sanchez would be priced as if he is playing upfront which is obviously far from certain.

If you want we can have a side bet on most points Sanchez vs Aguero for the week?

Advertisement