Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW27 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

Cazorla (EVE)
    As an Arsenal supporter, it would be very Arsenal-like to bounce back with a comfortable win :pac:. I'm sticking with him since Sanchez won't be dropped.

Main rival doesn't have Sanchez. He has no alternative for captain really other than Aguero
    I have to get captain right this week. Last chance saloon here.
    Aguero is the real safe option and I'd still benefit from any Sanchez haul.
    I don't know what to do now. Can that shambles that called themselves Arsenal last night be trusted now?? I'm not so sure

Genuinely considering Phil Jones.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero (liv)
    Was going to go with Giroud but he may be dropped now so think I'll stick with tried and tested Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

had it on giroud not now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Genuinely considering Phil Jones.

Yes.

Hes due a goal anyday now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Silva (liv)
    thunderdog wrote: »
    Hes due a goal anyday now!

He'll want to do a smalling on it and score 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sanchez aguero OR Walcott.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Moses (HUL)
    Liverpool gone to extra time away to Besiktas. Will probably captain Aguero now.

spock. wrote: »
    Liverpool gone to extra time away to Besiktas. Will probably captain Aguero now.

with every passing minute this looks more and more likely for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Downing (CPL)
    Going for di maria, because f**k it why not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thinking ADM, after tonights result though Aguero needs major consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

Cazorla (EVE)
    Here's an interesting statistic for those of us considering captaining Sanchez....

Sanchez has never scored for Arsenal when Ozil has been on the pitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Had a dream last night that I captained Downing and he scored.

I've actually been considering it all week and now I don't see myself not being able to captain him :(

Between him, Aguero and ADM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Downing (CPL)
    G1032 wrote: »
    Here's an interesting statistic for those of us considering captaining Sanchez....

Sanchez has never scored for Arsenal when Ozil has been on the pitch!

I'm sure that'll change but I'm glad to see it. He got me tonnes of points when the others were missing but I haven't missed him since getting rid of him (when they returned).

There are just too many potential points getters in that Arsenal midfield when they're all fit. He made hay when he was the main man. But 11m+ when they have a full squad and not on penos... Way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Silva (liv)
    I'm going for Aguero. For the following reasons:

1. Liverpool played away in Turkey on Thurs, as opposed to City who played at home on Tues.
    2. City rebound, and they'll have Yaya back to help in this regard.
    3. He's Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Silva (liv)

1. Liverpool played away in Turkey on Thurs, as opposed to City who played at home on Tues.
    3. He's Aguero.

Add in liverpool played 120 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Aguero

Silva (liv)

Yes, that too!

Silva (liv)
    Yes, that too!

I think its getting to the stage where I'd be delighted to see any of my rivals without Aguero captain on Saturday morning. Strangely confident on this one

Silva (liv)
    I think its getting to the stage where I'd be delighted to see any of my rivals without Aguero captain on Saturday morning. Strangely confident on this one

I'm thinking of just captaining him every week. Sure he'll blank the odd one, but I feel that if I just captain him every week, he'll outscore my other picks, who will inevitably back fire as often as they come off!

• Advertisement

Silva (liv)
    I'm thinking of just captaining him every week. Sure he'll blank the odd one, but I feel that if I just captain him every week, he'll outscore my other picks, who will inevitably back fire as often as they come off!

yeah he'll probably be the highest scoring player points wise between now and the end of the season, so this way means you dont miss out any of his big hauls

Silva (liv)
    yeah he'll probably be the highest scoring player points wise between now and the end of the season, so this way means you dont miss out any of his big hauls

I'm sure if I was really shrewd, and was having a good run of captain picks, I'd think differently. But Ive had an awful run of them recently. Aguero last week was the first one I got right in I don't know how long, so I'm inclined to just stick with him.

Thinking the same
    I've missed most of his big hauls due to switching off him after a 2 pointer
    Think I may persist with him this week again
    You think he is more likely to score big at home to weaker teams BUT as last week showed he may also be protected in those games while they still in Europe SO more chance of 90 minutes in the harder games if ya get me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva (liv)

3. He's Aguero.

Add in penalty shootout with its inherent mental exhaustment.
    Add in... they lost it.

I remember I had made the calculation for FHFC after his dreadful run of captain picks and data showed that Hazard (and certainly Aguero - he was injured back then but was not far off despite several games less played) returned more pts than his many different choices. And I'm sure that can be said for most of us.

Silva (liv)
    iroced wrote: »
    I remember I had made the calculation for FHFC after his dreadful run of captain picks and data showed that Hazard (and certainly Aguero - he was injured back then but was not far off despite several games less played) returned more pts than his many different choices. And I'm sure that can be said for most of us.

I think I remember that discussion, and it's one of the reasons for my thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

As a risk to make up ground tempted by Walters but have a massive champions cup game so might just go Sanchez

Silva (liv)
    kilburn wrote: »
    As a risk to make up ground tempted by Walters but have a massive champions cup game so might just go Sanchez

This just reminded me about my Champions cup game vs Mr. P!

Think I'll bring in Walters and captain him! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cazorla (EVE)
    kilburn wrote: »

That's boring :P. You're pretty well set up for our match: ADM, Walters, and Benteke vs. Puncheon, BigUselessItalianDonkey, and Defoe doesn't look good on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Need to take risks if I want to finish in the top four of my league so I've brought in Falcao this week and made him captain. Most of my risks this season have spectacularly backfired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This just reminded me about my Champions cup game vs Mr. P!

Think I'll bring in Walters and captain him! ;)

It's all about Peter Crouch this week :cool:

Advertisement