Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog sh1te & angry letters.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 steve610

Sorry guys for late update! Been a busy few days!

So I called round to the next door neighbour, had a casual chat with her about it, she had a suggestion about what neighbour behind might be the type to do this.

Didn't go down the recording route, but I did call the guards, who were actually very helpfull - two guards actually dropped over which I was suprised at. I showed them both the lane way, and the pictures of the crap at my door.

One of the guards mentioned casually that he had a hunch about who it could possibly be. I mentioned the name that my next door neighbour was suspicious about - and his colleague started smiling then changed the topic. Must be a trend here.

I also found out that there were no calls made about the rubbish in the lane to Dublin city council - wether or not I was supposed to be given that info I'm not sure.

Anyway, the guards said to leave it with them. Left me their names, said expect a letter etc etc. It's been a couple of days now and no more crap.

Maybe they've done something, maybe they haven't. But fingers crossed.

The last step if it continues is I'm going to call the council myself about the lane. That's a last resort - as I said earlier I really couldn't give a toss about it, and it's not my problem.

I certainly don't want to be the one harrased into fixing the issue - but a life free of dog poo would be nice. It's weird to think about a topic like dog crap on your mind constantly for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

steve610 wrote: »
    Sorry guys for late update! Been a busy few days!

So I called round to the next door neighbour, had a casual chat with her about it, she had a suggestion about what neighbour behind might be the type to do this.

Didn't go down the recording route, but I did call the guards, who were actually very helpfull - two guards actually dropped over which I was suprised at. I showed them both the lane way, and the pictures of the crap at my door.

One of the guards mentioned casually that he had a hunch about who it could possibly be. I mentioned the name that my next door neighbour was suspicious about - and his colleague started smiling then changed the topic. Must be a trend here.

I also found out that there were no calls made about the rubbish in the lane to Dublin city council - wether or not I was supposed to be given that info I'm not sure.

Anyway, the guards said to leave it with them. Left me their names, said expect a letter etc etc. It's been a couple of days now and no more crap.

Maybe they've done something, maybe they haven't. But fingers crossed.

The last step if it continues is I'm going to call the council myself about the lane. That's a last resort - as I said earlier I really couldn't give a toss about it, and it's not my problem.

I certainly don't want to be the one harrased into fixing the issue - but a life free of dog poo would be nice. It's weird to think about a topic like dog crap on your mind constantly for weeks.

That's an incredible story but not a totally surprising one. Something similar happened us a number of years ago when we were not long married. Long story short, we assisted the daughter of our next door neighbour take down our adjoining fence. As the father was an old man i offered to get rid of the wood and put it out my back till I got the trailer I use.

You could hardly see the wood from the front as they were detached houses in an estate. However, lo and behold i was home late from work one evening and heading to Germany in the morning and my wife mentioned that the old man had called by asking for us to remove the wood as he was trying to sell and didnt want to give a bad impression! Anyway, I wasnt back and the request was ridiculous. He then got his rubbish and parts of hoovers etc and placed them strategically along our boundary just on his side and shielded from him.

A month or so later on a Saturday I had the trailer I took away the wood from my back (that no one could easily see) and he made a big deal of going out and removing his items.

He was an idiot and I wasnt the only one he had run ins with. Unfortunately there are just people like that around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement