Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Murphy on The Late Late last night

Options
  • 22-02-2015 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

What were people's thoughts? I thought Ryan came across as an absolute twat (as usual) and Paul articulated his points really well, definitely a bigger fan of his now.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Dunno, didn't see it.

I was out on the lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Lapin wrote: »
    Dunno, didn't see it.

I was out on the lash.

Bet your sorry now though, LOSER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Didnt see it, but will watch it on the player tomorrow or monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

been a while since the Late Late was on a Saturday:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Lapin wrote: »
    Dunno, didn't see it.
    .....you can catch up on the RTE player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What were people's thoughts? I thought Ryan came across as an absolute twat (as usual) and Paul articulated his points really well, definitely a bigger fan of his now.

Murphy is a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Tubridy came across as desperate, he was grabbing at straws, and the audience didn't help with their smug giggling.. But that is RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I was out last night and I hate Tubridy, watched the Late Late once since he took over, and that was because a friend was on it. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne were on the same night and Ryan thought Ozzy had retired from music after he left Black Sabbath. Sharon was not impressed.

Saw the anger on Facebook, so watched it on Player. If Tubridy was in any way a decent interviewer, it would have been a complete stitch up.

Thankfully he is not a decent interviewer and it came across exactly how it was. Establishment endorsed propaganda by a Shill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

A pompous arrogant clown interviewing a pompous arrogant clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I was out last night and I hate Tubridy, watched the Late Late once since he took over, and that was because a friend was on it. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne were on the same night and Ryan thought Ozzy had retired from music after he left Black Sabbath. Sharon was not impressed.

Saw the anger on Facebook, so watched it on Player. If Tubridy was in any way a decent interviewer, it would have been a complete stitch up.

Thankfully he is not a decent interviewer and it came across exactly how it was. Establishment endorsed propaganda by a Shill.

Bad researchers.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    Bad researchers.

Yeah, €500,000 a year for a few hours work a week, but blame the researchers.

Bet your sorry now though, LOSER!!

Ah now, pints in Whiskey Joe's in Loughrea on a Friday night while the cat's away or stayin in to watch Tubbs..... What would Jesus do?
    .....you can catch up on the RTE player.

Or wait for the repeat on Monday, which is probably what I'll end up doing. RTÉ Player does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Has Gay Byrne retired?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Should have been a walk in the park for Tubs, but as soon as Tubs raised that President Higgins story, he instead walked right out of the park and into a field of well-signposted landmines. That was a big turning point in the interview, and Tubs and Murphy both knew it.

As soon as Murphy was able to condemn the attack on President Higgins, then disassociate himself, then portray himself as a victim of the political elite, viewers will have felt a hesitant sympathy with Murphy (no mean feat considering what an absolute lout he is).

Massively bungled interview from a totally incompetent host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

What points did Murphy articulate really well? I don't recall hearing him make one single point that was viable in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I was half expecting this lad to pop up somewhere during the interview for some reason. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Why is it the statement of not having watched the late late show is always qualified with the explanation of one being on a night out.

Is it really that vital that we know you were out? Why are people are so proud of and love to announce they have been or will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Berserker wrote: »
    What points did Murphy articulate really well? I don't recall hearing him make one single point that was viable in the real world.

SOLUTION TO ALL OF THESE

Simple solution to all these hairyholes,
    1. Impeach that cnut for being a public representative and telling people to break the law, conduct likely to lead to a breach of the peace etc. etc. etc
    2.Get details of ALL protestors at ALL protests and stop their dole/social welfare/single parents/disability/ whatever the fcuk state payment they are living on because they couldn't be bothered their collective or singular hairy holes getting a job AND DOCK payments for that day and all days protesting.
    3. Never mind creating martyrs with jail sentences, fines of €3,000 taken from the above payments ( not €5 p.w., full payments stopped until fine paid.)
    4. Give them free water, the next day they block traffic/commuters going about their lawful business get the PUBLIC ORDER UNIT to **** them into the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I thought Tubridy was hopeless interviewing Murphy, he said a really stupid thing like I bet you were delighted that the Gardai came to arrest you, I was like did he just say that! I mean no one wants to be arrested and its not like Murphy ordered himself to be taken in. Anyways this isn't the first night Tubridy has been god awful with a guest e.g Howard Marks, Richard Dawkins, Gerry Adams. He likes to take a particular stance and drive with it constantly whereas a good interviewer should be somewhat impartial.

Pat Kenny handled that like a pro, to give him his dues. He let the man discredit himself at length.

Tubs would have raised his voice and got into a heckling match. The man has the intuition of an egg-timer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Didn't he have Samuel L. Jackson on before and he spent half the fcuking interview talking to him about buying a pint of milk in the local shop.

Didn't mention working with Tarantino or Pulp Fiction even once.

He's a brutal interviewer. Does he even have researchers? If he has they should get the bullet with Tubridy

Berserker wrote: »

The point that he didn't instigate the Jobstown protest, the point that it was the Gardai that asked him to go on the megaphone and ask that if the riot squad stepped off that the cars could be slow walked out of the area, the point that he was nowhere near, condoned, and widely critisized the protest with President Higgins?? They were the main ones I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

That was not an interview but a state/O'Brien sponsored monologue by Tubridy!

He was asking purely leading questions then deliberately preventing Murphy from answering by spouting nonsense. he was trying to railroad Murphy but did little more than derail himself and seriously damage his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

The point that he didn't instigate the Jobstown protest, the point that it was the Gardai that asked him to go on the megaphone and ask that if the riot squad stepped off that the cars could be slow walked out of the area, the point that he was nowhere near, condoned, and widely critisized the protest with President Higgins?? They were the main ones I got.

He also vocalised that RTE has a definite agenda and that the media is used as an outlet to manipulate people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

http://youtu.be/N44fUo_S5mY

This interview was possibly the cringest of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Murphy makes my blood boil. Arrogant tosser like the ones he's criticising.

When he was running for MEP, I challenged him on Henry St about his water charges platform - basically asked him why he was telling people he could get them reversed if he was elected when that was clearly not true as it's a domestic issue, and even at EU level his party don't have the kind of EU-party backing to undo a directive. I thought it was a fair enough question since it was his whole campaign for reelection.

He started demanding to know what party I was working for and shouting at me through his megaphone (in the middle of the street!) saying that I was a liar and water charges were the most important issue of the European elections.

Yeah, fúck that guy. No time for him. And he never actually answered my damn question. Typical politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

http://youtu.be/N44fUo_S5mY

This interview was possibly the cringest of all.

Jaysus that's fair bad now, its one of those hand to the face moments where you peep out hoping there isn't another cringe moment. I was laughing also last night at how uncomfortable he looked when Chris De Burgh was singing last night, he looked so rigid.

Murphy makes my blood boil. Arrogant tosser like the ones he's criticising.

When he was running for MEP, I challenged on Henry St about his water charges platform - basically asked him why he was telling people he could get them reversed if he was elected when that was clearly not true as it's a domestic issue, and even at EU level his party don't have the kind of EU-party backing to undo a directive. I thought it was a fair enough question since it was his whole campaign for reelection.
    100% agreed, and well done for confronting him, but that's exactly the approach Tubs should have taken: confront Murphy on his effectiveness as a public representative.

Instead, Tubs effectively conceded the megaphone. He might as well have left the studio and gone for chips.

A big fault I see in RTE presenters is they think 'balanced debate' means haranguing the guest into submission. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Let the man hang himself, politically speaking. He's plenty able, if given the rope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Why has the LLS been broadcast live from a Pizza Hut the last few weeks?

• Advertisement

crusier wrote: »
    Has Gay Byrne retired?

I thought Stephen Fry told him he doesn't exist.

Advertisement