Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Possible* 6 Months FREE Music Streaming [YouTube]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Animo wrote: »
    I tweeted them about two or three weeks ago asking if they had any estimate on when they would get 4G and they said they don't have any plans to provide it atm.

The lack of 4G is making me considering switching but I haven't done it yet.

O2 sent out an email about 2 weeks ago saying 4G was coming in a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

O2 sent out an email about 2 weeks ago saying 4G was coming in a couple of months

in June at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So am I missing something obvious? If you subscribe to Google Play Music for €9.99 a month you get the Youtube Music Key included.

If you subscribe to Youtube music Key for €7.99 a month you get Google Play Music included.

Is that right? Ive been on a two month free trial with Google Play Music and have the Youtube Music Key too and the trial ends at the end of the week. I`m thinking of keeping the sub but if I can sign up for the youtube sub, I`m getting the same service for €2 less a month?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

adox wrote: »
    So am I missing something obvious? If you subscribe to Google Play Music for €9.99 a month you get the Youtube Music Key included.

If you subscribe to Youtube music Key for €7.99 a month you get Google Play Music included.

Is that right? Ive been on a two month free trial with Google Play Music and have the Youtube Music Key too and the trial ends at the end of the week. I`m thinking of keeping the sub but if I can sign up for the youtube sub, I`m getting the same service for €2 less a month?

Yep, €7.99 is simply an introductory price.

Google Play Music All Access comes with YoutTube Music Key and YouTube Music Key comes with Google Play Music All Access!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

Ahh, I was wondering why I didn't get this. I was signed in as my old Youtube account (though still registered to my Gmail account) and not the Gmail account,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Hi all,

Then go here and hopefully there'll be a big blue box saying try it free.

So when I click on this it just brings me to a normal looking YouTube page. No sign of a blue box or any mention of a subscription service. Can I assume this isn't working for me?

So when I click on this it just brings me to a normal looking YouTube page. No sign of a blue box or any mention of a subscription service. Can I assume this isn't working for me?

Yeah so you go to YouTube and click on Music and if you're lucky there'd be a big blue box.

Google/YouTube have repeatedly said that this is for exclusive music lovers only which I assumed was just some clever marketing.

Maybe it isn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I got the 6 month free Youtube Music key yoke. Crucially it comes with Google Play music full subscription for 6 months too, so super bargain alert.

Not sure why some aren't getting it. Worked first time for me. Perhaps you have to have a credit card already going on Google Wallet (which I don't like one bit).

I got the 6 month free Youtube Music key yoke. Crucially it comes with Google Play music full subscription for 6 months too, so super bargain alert.

Not sure why some aren't getting it. Worked first time for me. Perhaps you have to have a credit card already going on Google Wallet (which I don't like one bit).

It seems the main criteria are you've to use YouTube a lot for looking at music videos.

Other than that a bit of luck seems to help too!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

It seems the main criteria are you've to use YouTube a lot for looking at music videos.

Other than that a bit of luck seems to help too!

I have a cc on my account but don't use YouTube much for music. This seems like the more likely explanation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Didn't set a reminder to cancel this so unfortunately got an email to say I was charged today. I've it cancelled now!!

This might act as a reminder for other people hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I find this great value. €7.99 after the bones of 6 months free. Spotify were charging me €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Thought I'd just add that the Music Key beta is being retired on Nov 30. YouTube Red will be taking over in the States, initially, and hopefully spreading. If any of you find the service useful, @€;7.99 p/m it might be worth your while keeping up the sub. Play Music and YouTube Red are mutually inclusive so in effect you should get the two services for that grandfathered price. Otherwise, it'll be €9.99.
    I got Music Key as I have a Play Music sub. I will miss it. Here's hoping that Red holds up to its promises. I don't want to switch to Spotify; if Play Music All Access doesn't have the song or artist, YouTube does.

Advertisement