Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knockanstockan 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

emma-fly wrote: »
    The weather is certainly playing with my emotions at the moment!

Keep the faith!!! http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Blessington/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

That website shows very optimistic weather :) I like it! I think I have been looking on the wrong sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Is there only weekend tickets available for this or are there any day ones? Can't see anything on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Is there only weekend tickets available for this or are there any day ones? Can't see anything on the website.

Just the €80 ticket for whole weekend. Still good value for a full day Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

While I'm all for their 'bring your own beer' policy there's a part of me that will miss the simple pleasure of sneaking a bag of cans past the bouncers - it kind of reminds me of going to school discos back in the day.

Hopefully the rain fecks off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Was wondering does anyone know of any other BYB festivals this summer...seems be the way to go for making festivals affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So how was everyone elses experience.

The coaches were a farce, really left a bad taste in wasting so much time waiting on a coach the 2 mins to site but had a cooler with me and those handles are not ideal for walking any distance.

Absolute carnage on the Sunday with tents flying in the wind. Jesus it was grim. Would deffo go again next year and organise a trolley so no waiting for a coach and get there much earlier to enjoy the day more. Although the ideal scenario would be to have a camper Live the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Had a great time altogether at Knockanstockan, think it's on the calendar for future years now. I didn't find the coach too bad, bit of a queue Sunday morning but it moved quickly enough. I'd arrive down earlier on the Friday too though as it was hard finding a spot for the tents. Also we pitched in the absolute deluge that fell on Friday so that was fairly annoying but we got over it. 3 people stopped to help us though which was great and I've never come across that before, really impressed.

The crowd was mostly nice bar the poor fella getting a beating on Saturday but thankfully he was ok. The campsites were messy alright but the people were lovely so that made up for it.

Music was good, Eskies and Twin Headed Wolf my highlights. It finishing at 1/1:30 was a little disappointing but it saved my head a bit on Sunday so pros and cons. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'd a great time, as with the other years. Got down early on friday, dropped the friends/gear at the entrance then drove to the carpark. No wait for the shuttle, straight through security and set up in no time.

What was the story with a beating on Saturday?

Was a bit disappointed at the 1.30 finish, but got a couple of hours at the teepee on Saturday night so that extended it a bit.
    Packing away on Sunday was interesting to say the least!

Highlights for me were interskalactic, twin headed wolf and (as every year) the pie stall.

TPD wrote: »
    I'd a great time, as with the other years. Got down early on friday, dropped the friends/gear at the entrance then drove to the carpark. No wait for the shuttle, straight through security and set up in no time.

What was the story with a beating on Saturday?

Was a bit disappointed at the 1.30 finish, but got a couple of hours at the teepee on Saturday night so that extended it a bit.
    Packing away on Sunday was interesting to say the least!

Highlights for me were interskalactic, twin headed wolf and (as every year) the pie stall.

There was a fella who found 20 quid on the ground and 2 scobie looking fellas claimed he'd stolen it from their pocket while one of said scobie fellas stole his phone, it was all a ploy to distract what they were doing and put the blame on him. Anyway, the innocent guy got a few knees and a right clock but he was ok thankfully. The security were fairly all over it though so fingers crossed they got what was coming to them.

Ah, didn't think there was anything going on in the teepee, next time.

Another highlight was Home Fries, I had them twice in one day, YUMMERS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I thought it was a solid festival, made it down at around 2.30 on Friday, looked at the queue for the bus, thought about chancing it for the walk but was carrying too much stuff so an hour long queue for the bus ensued, not fun...

When we got in there was grand, bit of trouble finding tent space but I think we got the last bit of green that was there, didn't know any of the bands but what music was there was very good. Spent most of our time at the Caravan Club Extravangza stage, good DJs there all weekend. Big fires at night were really cool too.

Criticisms- The buses; if you're going to have the campsite miles out at least have a regular service of buses coming in and out. Also why close at one both nights? I know it's probably Gardai orders but it's not as if it's in too residential an area either.

Solid festival though, definitely an option for the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

First time at this festival - thought it had a cool vibe. I brought the young fella (2 years old - first festival) and it had a good family atmosphere. Plenty going on around the site, not too big, decent food, not scobey. will go again next year. I am officially a cool dad - consolation for being an old f@cker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

There was a fella who found 20 quid on the ground and 2 scobie looking fellas claimed he'd stolen it from their pocket while one of said scobie fellas stole his phone, it was all a ploy to distract what they were doing and put the blame on him. Anyway, the innocent guy got a few knees and a right clock but he was ok thankfully. The security were fairly all over it though so fingers crossed they got what was coming to them.

Ah, didn't think there was anything going on in the teepee, next time.

Another highlight was Home Fries, I had them twice in one day, YUMMERS :)

There has been a marked increase in the scobe contingent the last couple of years, sadly.

The teepee wasn't exactly official, everyone just ran in to hide from the rain, and someone brought a speaker from the campsite.

Missed the home fries!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Adrift

There has been a marked increase in the scobe contingent the last couple of years, sadly

Yep, didn't go to the festival but I'm a resident in Blessington. Residents and Businesses alike getting fed up of the scaldy element that is now attending the festival. Don't get me wrong, predominantly a lovely crowd but that element has increased. Saw a few heads hassling one of the workers at one of the local supermarkets on the Sunday morning and the Tidy Town comittee were pi$$ed off with the amount of rubbish left in the town.

Adrift wrote: »
    Yep, didn't go to the festival but I'm a resident in Blessington. Residents and Businesses alike getting fed up of the scaldy element that is now attending the festival. Don't get me wrong, predominantly a lovely crowd but that element has increased. Saw a few heads hassling one of the workers at one of the local supermarkets on the Sunday morning and the Tidy Town comittee were pi$$ed off with the amount of rubbish left in the town.

Hopefully this doesn't affect the license. I'd be fierce disappointed if it was stopped after only going once!

Advertisement