Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knockanstockan 2015

Options
  • 21-02-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anybody have any idea when tickets go on sale for knockanstockan, haven't been before and would love to go this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

There was an announcement recently saying they are doing up the website and tickets etc will be going on sale march 1st.

"All busy in the KnockanStockan camp...new website is being built, artwork, plans, maps, listening, and tickets going on sale 1st week of March after the first 25 KnockanStockan 2015 acts are announced!"

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Nice one, cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Haven't been to Knockanstockan before, am thinking of heading this year, what does it have over other small festivals to reccomend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Haven't been to Knockanstockan before, am thinking of heading this year, what does it have over other small festivals to reccomend it?

It's great, amazing laid back atmosphere. Wouldn't care too much about who's playing, it's a steal at 70-whatever € and you'll always stumble among some great music

Thanks for that! My choices for a festival at that time are this, Indiependence, and Castlepalooza...Palooza was a bit of a dissapointment last year (weather didn't help) and Indiependence was great in 2013 but a bit of a trek, so will definitely consider this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Early bird tickets on sale March 6th at 9am for €65, with the full price at €80. Can't wait!

TPD wrote: »
    Early bird tickets on sale March 6th at 9am for €65, with the full price at €80. Can't wait!

Where did you see that, would like to send the link to a friend. Thanks

edit, its ok found it. :D

Ticket bought :D

Anyone else going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Knockanstockan website is "suspended".

Doesn't exactly fill one with confidence.

Site caved under the demand I think. Still for sale here: http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/knockanstockan-music-arts-festival-2015-tickets-14982499058

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Tickets purchased, happy bunny even though I don't recognise to many of the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

Now that Body & Soul is done, the countdown for Knockanstockan begins(well, I've Longitude too but non camping festivals don't count).

Can't wait to see the Eskies headlining. Also looking forward to Bitch Falcon, Red Enemy, Gavin Glass, Rocstrong and Sinead White! The GoldenPlec stage (Faerie Fields) was wonderful last year. Hoping for more of the same.

Hey does anyone know the capacity of this and if it sold out last year?

Am thinking of getting tickets but won't know about work holidays until closer to the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Capacity has apparently been cut down to 2,000 people, so better get your ticket quickly.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Anyone know if there is any drink restrictions? Website is a bit unclear, says you can bring your own beer but no glass (for obvious reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

I guess that if it dosn't say its as much as you can carry? Although it is only 2 nights so wouldn't need as much as normal,hopefully!

Got my ticket for this yesterday and getting excited! I see gates open for it at 10 Friday, happy with that as the first day of a festival is sometimes an afterthought...plenty of time to arrive, pitch the tents, and commence the chilling!

Can't wait! Gonna set up shop at the GoldenPlec stage for the weekend if last year is anything to go by.

CJ3yo3XUwAE3APn.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1 obrieno2

Hi,

I'm selling 2 x weekend tickets for next weekend, worth €83 selling for €70 each. :)

• Advertisement

The obsession with this weekends weather begins! At the moment its looking pretty ok! Sunny and cloudy with a few showers.! Could deal with that!

emma-fly wrote: »
    The obsession with this weekends weather begins! At the moment its looking pretty ok! Sunny and cloudy with a few showers.! Could deal with that!

Like the look of this. :Dhttp://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Wicklow/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I am going to head down Saturday morning myself, getting too old for camping etc. Will get Dublin Bus out to Blessington. Anyone know if there is a bus running to the site from Blessington?

seamusk84 wrote: »
    I am going to head down Saturday morning myself, getting too old for camping etc. Will get Dublin Bus out to Blessington. Anyone know if there is a bus running to the site from Blessington?

Unfortunately the buses only run by Ballyknockan (kinda walking distance) on weekdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

seamusk84 wrote: »

Unfortunately, not going this year, so haven't checked any specifics.
    In the past there has always been a shuttle bus running from Blessington out to KS. Unless this has been cut as KS has grown in size.
    Have you had a good root around the KnockanStockan website? should be info up there

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Is it an operation free flow situation here? First time going so no idea of what it's like.

Is it an operation free flow situation here? First time going so no idea of what it's like.

I believe they can be quoted from Facebook to bring as much as you can carry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I believe they can be quoted from Facebook to bring as much as you can carry. :)

Ha! Can you bring it everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, not going this year, so haven't checked any specifics.
    In the past there has always been a shuttle bus running from Blessington out to KS. Unless this has been cut as KS has grown in size.
    Have you had a good root around the KnockanStockan website? should be info up there

Yeah its not really clear, some mention of it but no specifics. They didn't answer my question about it on Facebook either.

Anyway thought more about it and have decided to cycle down Saturday morning and the OH will collect me at 11pm then. Getting the old weekend exercise in then too lol....before I spend the day drinking

• Advertisement

The weather is certainly playing with my emotions at the moment!

Advertisement