Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie Ahern, Robin Cook and Oliver Cromwell are together in a room...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I assume this is the meeting where the incident was purported to have occurred (Cook had recently been appointed Foreign Sec.).

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail1997111200026?opendocument

It seems the Taoiseach did have a one-on-one meeting with Cook, but given the subject matter it was unlikely to have been spontaneous.

The Taoiseach also refers to Mr Cook's visit, so it appears to have been in Ireland, not Robin Cook's office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

The Taoiseach also refers to Mr Cook's visit, so it appears to have been in Ireland, not Robin Cook's office.

Hang on, are implying that Bertie Ahern may not have been telling the truth? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Serious question.

Were you even born when Thatcher was PM?

Yes, Spitting Image was the only joy I got from her being alive. I don't think it makes a difference anyway, I've learned more about the troubles when they were over then when they were on going thanks to the interweb.

Were you alive when Liam Cosgrave our Fuherr was alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

A picture of Ollie was hanging in Ireland? Doubt that.

Advertisement