Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio presenters real name thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Terry Wogan= Sir Terry Wogan.....:rolleyes:

It's Sir Terence Wogan to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musicman288

Damn someone mentioned that already

Post edited by Musicman288 on

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭chilloutrelax

I always wonder what name people in the studio/offices use when off air etc.

Stage name or real name…?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musicman288

Yes even when the names on Atlantic 252 got very stupid like Hollywood Haze etc, you had the staff refering to the guy off air as "Hollywood" cringe 🤮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭its_steve116

According to his LinkedIn profile DJ Wax's real name is Oyewale Adeba.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭squonk

Funny about Ruth Scott. I was convinced that was her actual name. I remember her entering a schools competition in 2FM years ago, DJ the a day and winning as Ruth Scott. Simpler times of course but I assumed she was still in school so wouldn’t be really getting into the series jock thing of changing your name. I was well aware Dusty Rhodes & Robin Banks weren’t real names but Ruth Scott seemed so run off the mill I duu I don’t bat an eyelid. In retrospect she might not have won as Mary McDonagh.

Mary McDonagh is full of long vowels and takes ages to enunciate, imparted to the short quick monosyllables of Ruth Scott, a totally unremarkable yet neat name .

Advertisement