Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC cinematic universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Ritchson has the chops for a certain type of dramatic role, just needs the opportunity. I could see him playing Bruce/Batman similar to the Justice League War animated films which was a great portrayal, and what I hoped Affleck would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Did Gunn say that his Batman movie would be about Bruce and Damien? Or is that speculation?

I hope Alfred is still around in this new era.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

This is the Calendar Man's doing, I just know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I'm guessing The Batman 2 has been delayed until 2026 because James Gunn wanted Superman to be the "best" DC movie of 2025!!!

• Advertisement

Patty Jenkins mentions Wonder Woman 3 on a recent podcast called "Talking Pictures" and it's not good!!

“They (James Gunn and Peter Safran) aren’t interested in doing any Wonder Woman for the time being,”

There's a rumour that Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow with Milly Alcock is taking The Batman 2 original release date of 3rd October 2025.... and if this is true, that would explain why the Batman 2 is delayed, as James Gunn is yet again doing what James Gunn does best, he looks after his projects, but that's not what a CEO of a company should be doing!

I wouldn't be surprised, if The Batman 2 is never made, that's if Gunn has anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Would they really have two Super movies out one after the other? Could he be filming them back to back or simultaneously? Still think its a superfast turnaround to be filming superman now and have it out next summer, but looks like they have that release date locked in.

With the budget Superman has, you make a very good point that they could be making Superman and Superman 2 back-to-back or yes, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow could be getting made back to back as there is a rumour Milly Alcock will debut in Superman first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I'm expecting us to get the trilogy for The Batman tbh. This might help audiences to understand that they're separate universes etc. Iirc filming for the Batman starts this month so time might be a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Another addition to Gunn's universe, a Teen Titans movie.

A part of me is wondering if this feels all that distinctly different to the last DC universe, where there seems to be a lot in development at once when it really needs to lay a stable foundation first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Was thinking the same. Not exactly going back to formula with all these announcements; can't help but think nothing has been learned by WB

• Registered Users Posts: 30,837 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, feels a bad move alright, especially when people experienced such a saturation of superhero content so recently.

Would feel wiser to focus on one release - Superman - build it up, make it the foundation, and only once that has been a success and has whetted peoples appetite should you start teasing the next things to come.

If there's a whole slate announced before we've even seen the first movie it starts to feel too overwhelming too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Everything feels a little to much to soon about all of this.

Even the Superman film itself feels like a Justice League.

Just start with a simple Superman film/story and build out from there announcing new things a week or two into filming the Superman film is just foolish really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And by the time all this all comes out, if there's any truth to the whole Superhero Fatigue thing, it's only gonna be more pronounced by the time all these films come out.

Genuinely baffled why WB are doing this, but then they've been making a lot of stupid decisions lately so not sure they're thinking too straight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I read the the THR article about the new Teens Titans movie earlier today. Like many of you; I didn't expect a script to be written up for it this minute by someone hired by WBD.

It's a very big surprise for me tbh.

You have to ask a lot of questions here about how this live action movie is going to pan out among it's fanbase since they first heard it from WBD today.

Would they strike it as a good decision or an odd one. The fans could say that the script being written for it has to be a lot stronger than the Titans TV Series which went out in 2018.

I have only watched half of all the episodes of Titans so far. I don't think that it's actually a bad series. It had a lot of potential to be good when the 4th season of the show was released about a year or two ago.

I heard a lot of discussions online that the show had issues with bad writing while it was going through the earlier seasons. Did you get that issue when you watched it?

I have only watched half of all the episodes of Titans so far. I don't think that it's actually a bad series. It had a lot of potential to be good when the 4th season of the show was released about a year or two ago.

I heard a lot of discussions online that the show had issues with bad writing while it was going through the earlier seasons. Did you get that issue when you watched it?

Only watched 1 season and a couple more episodes: I just found the whole series too Try Hard, too "edgy" for its own sake that passed the whole thing off as a bit adolescent. Like they wanted absolutely no mistaking it with Teen Titans Go, so skewed hard into the opposite direction. Just became unwatchable after a while for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Ridley

Just had a look at the upcoming list of DCU movies, coming into this thread having watched The Flash yesterday, and, gosh, that slate looks exhausting.

I suspect you don't rehabilitate the characters by diving straight back into another shared universe. Still amuses me that Warner Bros' reaction to the MCU is to wave a Gunn around.

Looks like Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya; Cruella) now tapped to direct the Supergirl movie:

Alan Ritchson isn't being shy about wanting the role.

“I'll shout it from the rooftops: 'I want to be Bruce Wayne!’

• Advertisement

Superman villain named?

So it has been rumoured the villain for the new Superman movie is to be Ultraman, a clone creation by Lux Luthor.

Spoilers without context are horrible I must say.

Is it casting, is it storyline, is photo leaks spoilers?

Story spoilers re. The rumoured villain in Superman

Thanks,

I'd probably be spoilered on it when I open a social account later anyway.

So me saying spoilers without context are horrible, It's nearly impossible to have real spoilers in todays social media day and age it will spoiled it either straight out or with a youtube tumbnail etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That reminds me; one of the streaming services recently spoiled a cliffhanger from one of their own shows for me, when the thumbnail of the next episode gave away a minor plot point. Not a huge deal, but enough to make me eye-roll.

Sorry guys, I did try to put a title above the "Spoilers Warning" and I could not get the title text without it getting put in a spoilers warning too, I was also trying to post a photo within the "Spoilers Warning" too

No worries, adding spoilers is also another major failure on Boards since the change over to vanilla as the site host.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Not to drag the thread totally off point, but I find that Netflix is particularly bad for this. Apart from the title cards being quite spoilery in and of themselves (often altered to be season specific for shows, regardless of the season you're watching), I've found that Netflix has the awful habit of setting the main header (background) of a title right before you actually click on it to an image from the end of the most recent season. So when watching a show, you are constantly being shown a hugely spoilery image from the finale right before you even click on the show. It's infuriating.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/james-gunns-superman-adds-pruitt-taylor-vince-as-jonathan-kent/

I expected a couple of big names if Jonathan and Martha were going to be in it.

This is good news though. Vince is a great actor.

I hope this isn’t flashback stuff though and the parents are still alive.

• Advertisement

There does seem to be too many characters in this but it doesn’t mean that they have a lot of screentime or presence in the story. I have been hoping that those other superheroes are in it very briefly just to establish a bit of world building. Like maybe Superman helps them at some point and they later shown to be protective the civilians so Supes can focus on the villain.

Advertisement