Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Also EIN9020 1420 today
    Times UTC

4 planned for Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FlyLo

Anyone noticed the pictures going around on social media and in today's Independent (photo from @snoopdogmoll) from the cabin onboard the Aer Lingus flight with cargo. It doesn't appear to be Aer Lingus whatsoever. The seats are blue not green and there are curtains at the door 3 area in the centre of economy area. The EI A330 does not have curtains in this location.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Already mentioned thread.
    2 images being used, one has blue seats the other had grey.
    Not really a big issue as the EI cabin loading will look 95% similar. No harm to it.
    Only really noticeable to a geeks.

Also EI-9018 returned shortly after takeoff today. Birdstrike as EIDW feed mentioned runway inspection after it landed.
    Will be interesting to see if they can get it out later or will they have to cancel.
    2 more departures planned today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Tenger wrote: »
    Already mentioned thread.
    2 images being used, one has blue seats the other had grey.
    Not really a big issue as the EI cabin loading will look 95% similar. No harm to it.
    Only really noticeable to a geeks.

Also EI-9018 returned shortly after takeoff today. Birdstrike as EIDW feed mentioned runway inspection after it landed.
    Will be interesting to see if they can get it out later or will they have to cancel.

No harm to it maybe, but it points to a larger inattentiveness to factual reporting by the Indo

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Would hazard a negative on that. Hours are up against max as is. Maybe they can get another crew on by this evening though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

MJohnston wrote: »
    No harm to it maybe, but it points to a larger inattentiveness to factual reporting by the Indo

Nearly every article I saw on Saturday about the flight leaving (on multiple different sites) used a stock photo of an A320. The photo editors really don't care because they know that the vast majority won't know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭trellheim

The photo editors really don't care because they know that the vast majority won't know the difference
    And may be cheaper to print a stock image in the daily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Maybe this has been answered before but I cannot find it.

Has Aer lingus changed their direct flight time table to Miami?

Last year I flew direct on a Friday (to cruise on a saturday) now it seems direct flights are a Saturday.

Bit of a pain as most cruises sail Saturday so will miss them.

Anyone have any idea when this changed (im looking at dates in 2021)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

EI-LRA operating 137 to Boston today. Think this is the first flight in nearly a week by an LR across the Atlantic?

fitzparker wrote: »
    Maybe this has been answered before but I cannot find it.

Has Aer lingus changed their direct flight time table to Miami?

Last year I flew direct on a Friday (to cruise on a saturday) now it seems direct flights are a Saturday.

Bit of a pain as most cruises sail Saturday so will miss them.

Anyone have any idea when this changed (im looking at dates in 2021)?

There are no dates for 2021. There won't be until late 2020 when the 2021 schedule is revealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Fair bit of fan blade damage on No1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

billie1b wrote: »
    Fair bit of fan blade damage on No1

Any pics?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Any pics?

I do but for some reason won’t let me upload it

I do but for some reason won’t let me upload it

imgur.com is free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭fitzparker

There are no dates for 2021. There won't be until late 2020 when the 2021 schedule is revealed.

I actually found a timetable for Aer Lingus, it looks like Friday is replaced with Saturday from May

https://www.aerlingus.com/html/flights-time-table.html#/sourceAirportCode_0=DUB&destinationAirportCode_0=MIA&departureDate_0=2020-10-16&sourceAirportCode_1=MIA&destinationAirportCode_1=DUB&departureDate_1=2020-10-21&fareType=RETURN&fareCategory=ECONOMY&numAdults=1&numYoungAdults=0&numChildren=0&numInfants=0&promoCode=

Again a bit crappy for people who cruise (alot of cruises leave on Saturdays from Miami

Think I got it, it’s not my image, was just sent to me by a friend from work, so I don’t know who’s it is to credit.

160614A2-DC2C-44BF-84A4-786E96B9F378_zpswfw4nmsz.jpg

Think I got it, it’s not my image, was just sent to me by a friend from work, so I don’t know who’s it is to credit.

Thanks for that, fair bit of damage alright.

That goes to mid Dec 2020. Again, there are no timetables yet for 2021. There's no guarantee that EI will still be flying to MIA in 2021, never mind what days they'll be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Thanks for that, fair bit of damage alright.

Must've been a big enough bird to bend a few blades

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Must've been a big enough bird to bend a few blades
    The Journal article states "a flock of birds". (pinch of alt needed as always)

But certainly looks bad, can they be repaired after removal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Swap the engine out, could be back flying tomorrow with a bit of luck

ATC reported flames out the tail so that suggests something went down the core

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

EI-GAJ left around 5 o clock. Is that the replacement?

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    EI-GAJ left around 5 o clock. Is that the replacement?

Yes, EIN9018 replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Do they generally have a spare engine or 2 hanging around?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭sherology

Yes, EIN9018 replacement.

Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Do they generally have a spare engine or 2 hanging around?
    Plenty of spare engines and aircraft knocking around at the moment.
    If the bird(s) only went down the fan stream you can get away with just replacing the badly damaged blades and blending out the damage (depending on the extent and location) of the minor damage.
    They'll have to do a boresocope to see if anything went down the core and damaged anything internally.
    I wonder if the recent drop in aircraft operations has led to an upsurge in bird activity..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I wonder if the recent drop in aircraft operations has led to an upsurge in bird activity..?

That thought crossed my mind too.

I’m no 100% sure AL should be flying to JFK at the moment, seems to be a hotbed, but then again I wouldn’t like to be stranded there either. I hope the cabin crew have some protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Again a bit crappy for people who cruise (alot of cruises leave on Saturdays from Miami

I suspect cruise ops will be severely curtailed in 2021 given the fiscal situation facing Carnival & Royal Carribean.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Would hazard a negative on that. Hours are up against max as is. Maybe they can get another crew on by this evening though.

3 Beijing flights showing for tomorrow

• Advertisement

3 Beijing flights showing for tomorrow

And 5 daily by Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement