Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sherology

1123heavy wrote: »
    Those seats in economy look horrendously uncomfortable and too close together for a transatlantic flight, my word. I hope it's just the angle but the 330 seats look way more comfortable and less compacted. I don't like the idea of that recaro seat to go over the atlantic with, I can barely go across Europe in one. The current padded seats are very comfortable and more suited in my opinion

The seat is the same recaro 3710 as on the latest a330s with EI, same screens, and (in theory at least) the same pitch and space. It's just a tight/high photo angle... Look at the vantage seats in comparison... They too look very squashed. In essence... Like for like seating on new LR/newer 330s, apart for 3:3 vs. 2:4:2.

In terms of 4 vs. 5 cabin crew... Not sure there will be 5 flip-down crew seats, as there are only 4 regular doors... Unless there's one in the cockpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

1123heavy wrote: »
    Those seats in economy look horrendously uncomfortable and too close together for a transatlantic flight, my word. I hope it's just the angle but the 330 seats look way more comfortable and less compacted. I don't like the idea of that recaro seat to go over the atlantic with, I can barely go across Europe in one. The current padded seats are very comfortable and more suited in my opinion

You’ll find it’s the same Recaro seat already featured on the newer A330s and with pretty much every airline around the world these days. It can be found on Aer Lingus, BA, Iberia, Finnair, TAP, Virgin, Westjet, Qatar, Singapore Airlines and many more. It’s Recaro’s long haul seat design, not the Recaro you see in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

DVE gone tech in Milan? Due off hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Cancelled, crew out of hours at this stage

Yes, I have a friend on the flight, overnighting in Milan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

joeysoap wrote: »
    Yes, I have a friend on the flight, overnighting in Milan.

Not to make light of the situation, and no doubt they’re being kept from family or other more important things...but there are worse fates!

Dardania wrote: »
    Not to make light of the situation, and no doubt they’re being kept from family or other more important things...but there are worse fates!

True, safety comes first. She has something on tomorrow, however, still hoping too make it.

Still in Milan. Something similar to Lisbon last week?. Can AL not call on one of the other IAG airlines for the hire of a plane ( even Ryanair if it came to that)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Still in Milan. Something similar to Lisbon last week?. Can AL not call on one of the other IAG airlines for the hire of a plane ( even Ryanair if it came to that)?

No they can't. 18.00 departure apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Do you think those airlines just aircraft lying around not flying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

19 july aerlingus will get the A321neo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's the middle of peak season, spare aircraft are very sparse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ACMI availability and I presume price have been hammered by the MAX grounding also

19:00 latest

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sherology

liiga wrote: »
    19 july aerlingus will get the A321neo

Cool... Hopefully we'll see inside in better detail, and hear some feedback from staff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I’m guessing that journo will have an article about the new aircraft published within the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Wondering if anyone here would have an insight into AL's 2020 timetable. I've a friend who is having a wedding in Palma in May 2020. Currently there are no flights online. Ryanair does but the scheduling does not really work (flights are out on the Thursday), but most people need to go on the Wednesday.

Maybe someone could confirm if AL even flew to Palma in May 2019, or is June the earliest.

Wondering if anyone here would have an insight into AL's 2020 timetable. I've a friend who is having a wedding in Palma in May 2020. Currently there are no flights online. Ryanair does but the scheduling does not really work (flights are out on the Thursday), but most people need to go on the Wednesday.

Maybe someone could confirm if AL even flew to Palma in May 2019, or is June the earliest.

It was daily in May 19.

Was talking to my friend this morning. Flight took off from Milan on Saturday morning. Circled around for 40 mins fairly low, ears were popping like mad. Pilots said they couldn’t pressurize the plane and that they would have to return to Linate as they couldn’t climb.Said they were treated well by AL and decent hotel in Milan on Saturday night. They were collected for an 18:00 flight yesterday and got away just after 20:00 arriving back in Dublin at 21:45. only 1/3 full as some got flights from Malpensa on Saturday and Sunday. Said they cabin crew were really nice and put them at ease with the plane. Going to get €400 I think for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

Flights to Palma commenced in April this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Flights to Palma commenced in April this year.

Would they not already be on sale for next year. Wondering was uptake to small to continue.

Would they not already be on sale for next year. Wondering was uptake to small to continue.

Should be released over next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Fairly good loads even in April this year if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Actually typing this in Majorca atm. We booked our flights in Nov last but didn't want to book the Aer Lingus one as we felt it arrived in too late. Instead, we flew Lufthansa. First flight out to Munich, and an hour later got the connecting flight to Palma.Landed in PMI at 12ish. And all for almost e200 cheaper than ALT.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

rushfan wrote: »
    Actually typing this in Majorca atm. We booked our flights in Nov last but didn't want to book the Aer Lingus one as we felt it arrived in too late. Instead, we flew Lufthansa. First flight out to Munich, and an hour later got the connecting flight to Palma.Landed in PMI at 12ish. And all for almost e200 cheaper than ALT.
    Most people won’t even consider connecting, and airlines that fly direct know this! Connecting is fine until you’re delayed and miss your connection and you whole day is taken up getting to somewhere it takes 2 hours to fly to direct, it’s grand when it works out though

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Locker10a wrote: »
    Most people won’t even consider connecting, and airlines that fly direct know this! Connecting is fine until you’re delayed and miss your connection and you whole day is taken up getting to somewhere it takes 2 hours to fly to direct, it’s grand when it works out though

Living in the US has changed my perspective on connecting, it's almost a requirement here. Funny thing is though it's very rare I see a European connecting flight be cheaper than EI or FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Living in the US has changed my perspective on connecting, it's almost a requirement here. Funny thing is though it's very rare I see a European connecting flight be cheaper than EI or FR.

Unless it is around an Irish Bank Holiday or a school break etc

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

We flew BHD-PMI last year as it was cheaper than ex-Dublin.

Im guessing that while EI will operate DUB-PMI they havent finalised their S20 schedule yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Faro flight operated today by a hire in I heard. Titan Airways 757. Think it's doing 2 over and backs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Faro flight operated today by a hire in I heard. Titan Airways 757. Think it's doing 2 over and backs.

A320 went tech in CDG and Milan over the weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement