Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Showers 20-22nd Feb mainly affecting the North, West & Midlands

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Quite heavy snow mixed with graupel here in Castletroy, Limerick. Staying while it was falling, but easing off now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

It's bitter outside. Is there more snow due from this front tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Didnt see Dublin included in the snow forecast last night. Some beefy showers when I was driving from Sandyford through Naas this morning with lying snow in many of the fields. While Met Eireann do a good job at times, they frequently get the locations wrong (I am sure those that were forecasted snow got it but they often get it wrong in terms of how widespread the showers are). That is now 4 times I can count this year when there has been decent lying snow in South Dublin that was never really forecast by the met.

A few weeks back, there was a few cms of snow even accumulating on the roads around Sandyford and I don't recall any forecast of snow for Dublin that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

snowing again lightly in D1...so much for turning to rain by midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Snowing a bit in D2, does anyone have an idea if this is to last/get serious? Spent 4 hours getting the bus home last month don't want that happening again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Rain/sleety wet snow mixed in at times in D14 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

Finally get a bike and its pissing rain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Bit of snow last night, few centimetres. Was gone by 10am here and by afternoon was gone except in areas sheltered from the sun above 300m - earlier this evening heavy sleet and strong winds; temp 4C.

Wouldn't knock Met Eireann for their forecast; slight wet snow in S Dublin below 1000 feet - non-event. More snow fell during the day but zero accumulation.

Advertisement