Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronaldo at water protest in Cavan!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Egginacup wrote: »
    I'd imagine that if you were presented with a representative person from EVERY walk of life, urban poor, working class, middle class blue collar, middle class white collar, doctor/dentist/engineer types, pampered D4 lady of leisure, college professor, crusty, hippy, cage-fighter, rural peasant, mid-size farmer, etc., etc., protesting water charges you would label them all "left wing loons"

That's the thing. People who don't have the courage to protest and prefer to keep the head down, don't draw attention to yourself, be submissive, run with the herd, resent those who do have the courage to protest so the best they can do is try to ridicule them.

These water charges would be scrapped in the morning if nobody agreed to pay. But once you get a core of the more malleable people caving in and not putting up a fight then it's a lot easier to implement since the conflict has moved from people vs IW to suckers vs resistors. The resisters are trying to convince the suckers and the suckers don't want to be convinced because they are afraid. They also think they are in the right since it's generally the poorer who are fighting it and the suckers would rather not have anything in common with them.

You imagine wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    You imagine wrong.

He gets an awful amount of things wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I wish these idiots would stay at home, they undermine their own cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

the kelt wrote: »

I hope hes alright!

I doubt he was ever alright. What an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

You have to admire people who make the effort to protest this unfair bank debt tax.

Nothing to do with bank debt and everything to do with the fact in the past we were hugely exposed to a boom and burst property market when generating day to day tax revenues.

The Troika told us this was madness and we needed to find more sustainable forms of revenue like every other country in the developed world who have water taxes.

But no, the Irish know best. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jaysus, would not have the temperament to be a garda dealing with people like that. I'd have batoned the fcuker on the road, he would have gotten up sharpish. Idiots like this embarrass ordinary decent protesters who do have a legitimate issue with Irish water and the ridiculous charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The guy should have gotten out of the truck and "forgotten" to put the handbrake on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Nothing to do with bank debt and everything to do with the fact in the past we were hugely exposed to a boom and burst property market when generating day to day tax revenues.

The Troika told us this was madness and we needed to find more sustainable forms of revenue like every other country in the developed world who have water taxes.

But no, the Irish know best. :rolleyes:

Are you saying you are happy in the manner which Irish water has been set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

More like "Anto the knacker at water protest in cavan".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Jesuis Derek can sit in his cell tonite shouting "youse are all only scumbags" at his cellmates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Is that the making of American Sniper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

The guy should have gotten out of the truck and "forgotten" to put the handbrake on.

When the lad hit the floor the truck should have just backed up a bit, then drove round him. Would love to see how he reacted to that.

Bit like Ronaldo last night.......hit the ground in agony but his team mates played on, he miraculously started to come round, first got up when he realised the game was going on, then in few seconds he was darting around the place, a few minutes later he scored. You wouldn't see the like of it in Lourdes or Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

He would look great in an eminem video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The water charges will allow IW to have dedicated revenue to upgrade our water supply to prevent leaks and wastage over the coming years. This will lead to less water being required from reservoirs to meet the demand which will naturally lead to cheaper water.

They have that already its called the usc plus what they take from other taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hilly Bill wrote: »

Which combined currently has us running a (estimated) €5b deficit. Your ok with borrowing and paying interest to run the country so long as you don't pay the same money in cash that you have? Plus, if your a tax payer you'll be paying a higher proportion rather than it being split amongst everyone.

It's quite simple. going to do your weekly shopping is cheaper if you pay the €100 total with the 2 fifties in your pocket than it is to put it on your credit card and pay it off over 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Hilly Bill wrote: »

I tried USC+. Sky+ is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Epic News Daily lads have already done a number on this:D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=795211900562040

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

What a fcuking tosser - some ordinary Joe might be suffering a heart attack and this loser is crying "I'm waiting for an ambulance"? Also, how dare he accuse an entirely innocent garda of assaulting him, this carry on makes light of actual assault victims.

Also, I love the way DSN were the ones that put the video up in the first place to laud this "paytryut" only to take it down later when it went viral and they they figured out it made them look like complete fools.

skinny90 wrote: »
    Epic News Daily lads have already done a number on this:D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=795211900562040

Haha, good lads! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

F34 wrote: »
    Are you saying you are happy in the manner which Irish water has been set up?

What has me being happy with it or not got to do with someone not wanting to pay?

These protesters would protest regardless how it was set up.

Our water will have to be metered at some stage like every other country. Mistakes were made yes, but I'm sure they were in other countries where it was phased in over a longer basis.

We are trying to catch up with water metering in this country and have no-one to blame but ourselves for the shambles our water infrastructure is in.

• Advertisement

Egginacup wrote: »
    That's the thing. People who don't have the courage to protest and prefer to keep the head down, don't draw attention to yourself, be submissive, run with the herd, resent those who do have the courage to protest so the best they can do is try to ridicule them.

So you're saying that those of us who ridicule trouble loving scumbags like the man in the video the OP posted, or those brave patriots who knowingly blocked a woman from visiting her sick child, or the heroic exemplars who were bawling abuse at the President of Ireland, or the role models who barricaded a woman in her car roaring at her for over 2 hours... actually want to be like them deep inside? :confused:

Tell me more about what I think please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Could this guy be convicted of making false claims against gardai off the back of this video? Because if he can, he should be.
    Nothing wrong with protesting, but it isn't an excuse to become a law onto yourself.

Personally, I like the idea of power-hosing him out of the way, and then billing him for the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

frash wrote: »
    nice of him to take the day off work to go out & protest

Can I just say I'm sick of this 'witticism'? Its message is basically, if you're unemployed it's your fault for being useless and lazy and he should be working for free as Bill Cullen's footman. Surely an unemployed person has more reason to be politically engaged than someone who's employed? or should all 371,400 of them be grateful for the scrapings from the great ones' tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

goose2005 wrote: »
    Can I just say I'm sick of this 'witticism'? Its message is basically, if you're unemployed it's your fault for being useless and lazy and he should be working for free as Bill Cullen's footman. Surely an unemployed person has more reason to be politically engaged than someone who's employed? or should all 371,400 of them be grateful for the scrapings from the great ones' tables?

Personally I have no problem with someone who isn't employed going out and protesting.

Just as long as they sign off for that day, as obviously, you cant be looking for work and protesting at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I wonder is this the same lad who was protesting outside Croke Park when the GAA opened it up to soccer and rugby a few years back. Remember the fella, wearing a Celtic jersey with a sign saying "No foreign sports in Croke Park".

But you have to admire the bravery of these protestors. Leaving the safety of their home in the housing estate they were born in (and now only live 6 doors down from their mother) and going all the way from Kilbarrack to Bailieborough with their free travel passes took some planning I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

goose2005 wrote: »
    .....and he should be working for free as Bill Cullen's footman.

Just when I think I could not possible hate Bill Cullen any more, I find out he has his own personal cobbler that he won't even pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

BPKS wrote: »
    and going all the way from Kilbarrack to Bailieborough with their free travel passes took some planning I'd say.

To be fair the lad could have jogged there based on his attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

R.I.P.

He never stood a chance against those animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

False flag attack! Denis O'Brien took him out with a sniper rifle from his Illuminati issued attack helicopter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What has me being happy with it or not got to do with someone not wanting to pay?

These protesters would protest regardless how it was set up.

Our water will have to be metered at some stage like every other country. Mistakes were made yes, but I'm sure they were in other countries where it was phased in over a longer basis.

We are trying to catch up with water metering in this country and have no-one to blame but ourselves for the shambles our water infrastructure is in.

It's like you constructed that post from some DIY cliché kit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement