Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IndyCar 2015

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The off season is far too long but is supposed to be addressed for 2016.

The last 20 laps at Indianapolis was also a classic with incredible racing between Power and Montoya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I agree with the above.

Indycar had one problem, pack racing, now it has a second with Justin's tragedy. Which way to go. With the exclusion of super speedways you 'probably' eradicate both but without this 'speed' will it appeal to the audience, which is 99% American. Then you have to get rid of the 500, which will never happen especially with the milestone in 2016.

As a cab driver I spoke to said, there's no Americans in it so why I don't really care for it. I think this is the big difference between it and N*sc*r. The buzz around Rahal this year has given it some local flavour but the series winner is always from overseas.

I think the old courses are great, but the improvements and costs needed to make them safe I think don't make them viable options.

It's been a good year, but in small doses. Not sure how it can be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Slightly disappointed with that result :( Can I blame double points

If you want, you can. The maths have been done by others: without double for Sonoma, Monty wins by 22; without double for both Indy and Sonoma, Monty wins by 4.

However, you could also consider that Scott should have had at least an extra 33 points (plus up to an extra 9) for scoring the pole at Indy, compared to Monty's 19 points; if it wasn't for man's first attempt at hovercars forcing the series to contain qualifying and cancel the bonus points.

Advertisement