Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Manhunt! Escaped Prisoner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HOpe the prison officer stabbed in the stomach is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

In before someone asks if it's Fran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

What we need is a hard target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, outhouse, henhouse and doghouse in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shoot him on sight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Release the hounds*!

*not referring to the local Gardai of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

His one of britains most violent dudes but is guarded by just 2 unarmed prison officers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Specialun wrote: »
    His one of britains most violent dudes but is guarded by just 2 unarmed prison officers

Not the first time he went on the run either...........
    Derek Brockwell (51) had been serving a life sentence for a series of armed robberies, mainly from betting shops in the London area.
    But he was granted day release from Kirkham Prison in Preston, Lancashire, to take part in a work-placement programme in Blackpool.
    But he never showed up for work and has been on the run for the past eight months.
    The day after his escape he became the prime suspect for an attempted robbery at a NatWest bank in Lytham St Annes.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bank-raid-suspect-is-on-uks-most-wanted-list-28818089.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Specialun wrote: »

He was one of Britain's most wanted because he absconded when he was on day release. I doubt he'd have been on day release at all if he was considered one of the most violent criminals in the UK.

Although obviously he is violent.

Stheno wrote: »
    HOpe the prison officer stabbed in the stomach is ok

If you had to get stabbed, you'd want to be in a hospital!! Every cloud :P

In all seriousness, I wish him the best. Not the smartest move from the prisoner, he was in for armed robbery and now he's just added a lot more time to his sentence when he's caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The hunt is on.....

• Advertisement

He was one of Britain's most wanted because he absconded when he was on day release. I doubt he'd have been on day release at all if he was considered one of the most violent criminals in the UK.

Although obviously he is violent.
    He had a life sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you had to get stabbed, you'd want to be in a hospital!! Every cloud :P

In all seriousness, I wish him the best. Not the smartest move from the prisoner, he was in for armed robbery and now he's just added a lot more time to his sentence when he's caught.

It's actually both prison officers who were stabbed :( One in the arm and one in the stomach.

Sounds like your man had it planned

Paul Murphy
    ............ six officers.

Armed robber (22 armed robberies on betting shops and deliberately targeted premises with female cashiers using a 8mm self-loading pistol, and, in two raids, he was alleged to have "pistol-whipped" counter staff with his gun)
    .......... two officers.

Stheno wrote: »
    It's actually both prison officers who were stabbed :( One in the arm and one in the stomach.

Sounds like your man had it planned

I wonder what he was doing in hospital, was it self inflicted and planned that far in advance. Probably!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Not too many people walking around with pixelated faces.He should be easy enough to spot.
    Why is his identity being protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Best of luck to him. Is there a site where we can donate to his escape funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He had a life sentence.

I know. That doesn't mean he was ever considered one of Britain's most violent men, though. If he was he wouldn't have been granted unaccompanied day release, would he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Release the hounds*!

*not referring to the local Gardai of course...

You are a very funny person.:D Made me laugh out loud in my computer lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That child alert system should be used for informing the public about it.

At that guys age would there not be much better pictures of him like the one they take when a prisoner is first admitted to prison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We should set up a Dad's Army response to catch this guy.
    Reporting for duty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Better call Paul Murphy

Gatling wrote: »
    Better call Paul Murphy

At least you'll be sure of a six Garda back up........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Doesn't he look a bit like the equaliser guy ? Or Brian Dennehy or someone like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mikom wrote: »
    At least you'll be sure of a six Garda back up........

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What we got here is a failure to communicate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

If he's not caught by the morning what's the odds Paul Williams will have written a book about him at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

If he's not caught by the morning what's the odds Paul Williams will have written a book about him at that stage.

Paul Williams furiously trying to come up wtih a nickname

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

This man can be rehabilitated ....never stop believing that!

Advertisement