Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counting Crows & Seasick Steve : Royal Hospital Kilmainham - 24 June 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

Turnout good for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

lc180 wrote: »
    Turnout good for it?

Nah wasn't great tbf. I went for a pint just after Omaha and was able to hit the jacks, get the pint and get back to where I was (within ~15/20 yards of the stage) by the time they'd finished the next song.

It was alright, thought Duritz was very self indulgent for Mr Jones - that isn't the version people know or like buddy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

I was at the front and it was really noticeable that Adam was upset about the technical problems for the first half of the show. That being said, I think he genuinely seemed in great form by the end. It was a really incredible show once he hit his stride, far better than their gig in the 02 in 2009.

He might be a grumpy ****er, but when it comes to musicianship Adam is absolute magic, as is the rest of the band. And Seasick Steve was the cherry on top of the cake. What a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I'm a long time crows fan and gotta say that Adams demeanour on stage was very poor last night. He literally didn't acknowledge the crowd until the encore. His band mates were so embarrassed I think Dan said something half way through about it been great to be back.The band were very into it and enjoyed it. His ranting to the sound guy was very distracting not just between songs but during instrumental sections of songs. The thing is that I thought the band sounded so tight and that he was singing well and the sound was great and the sun was shining. Yeah he seemed happier by the end but that's not good enough when your headlining an outdoor show to thousands who paid money. To little to late. That said, Thought the setlist was well judged too. Another stage distraction was the guitar tech guy who was practically out on stage fcking round with the guitars during songs. Surely could do this behind a screen in the wings.

First time at the venue and really liked it .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

poteen wrote: »

First time at the venue and really liked it .

Its a great venue in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

As a guitarist I found watching him feck about with those oh so so delicous guitars wasnt so bad!

Advertisement