Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counting Crows & Seasick Steve : Royal Hospital Kilmainham - 24 June 2015

Options
  • 16-02-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

Tickets prices €49.50. On sale Friday February 21.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Should be the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Birneybau wrote: »
    Should be the other way around.

Get a grip of yourself !

Great to see a top band like Counting Crows Back in Dublin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them at Oxegen 2008 and was a bit dissapointed since they relied on the new album way to much for a festival slot and not many hits.

Might grab a ticket at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

It's the same week as Glastonbury, I'm hoping they get announced for that, saw them in Birmingham last year, brilliant show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I see theres a meet and greet option on ticketmaster, does anyone have any idea what these normally cost ??

• Advertisement

ignore that, just seen they are €170

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Counting Crows ? ... really :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I thought they were terrible at oxegen that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

I thought think they were are terrible.

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

RayCon wrote: »
    Counting Crows ? ... really :confused:

The clue was in the thread title...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

I've a disappointed teenager here...it's 'strictly over 18's'
    It's a pity would have loved to have brought her to this, can't see why it's over 18's?

titchy wrote: »
    It's a pity would have loved to have brought her to this, can't see why it's over 18's?

Probably because there's a bar and lads selling bottles in standing area in the Olympia.

titchy wrote: »

How old is she ? If she looks old enough ( close to 18 ) there won't be a problem getting in. Just don't send her to the bar !

If she's closer to 13 than give the poor girl a break, let her have a childhood and don't let her listen to counting crows until she's a lot older. :D;):D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

ryaner777 wrote: »
    How old is she ? If she looks old enough ( close to 18 ) there won't be a problem getting in. Just don't send her to the bar !

If she's closer to 13 than give the poor girl a break, let her have a childhood and don't let her listen to counting crows until she's a lot older. :D;):D;)

ha I know, but that ship has sailed.
    She loves them, I do too though and would like to see them live again, she's nearly 16 could pass for 18 and has been to Kilmainam for a concert before, but it was 16's (she was 13 at the time)....and she won't be going to the bar lol

Are they not strict on the door?

Would hate to get up there and be turned away.

You won't be turned away, especially if she's with a parent or guardian.

They might stop a big group of 16 year olds but never one on their own with their folks. Especially going into the type of gig this is.

I've worked at a few of these type of gigs and you'll be fine.

Just try and arrive early, then in the worst case senario if you don't get in you'll get rid of the tickets outside.
    Or go for a walk and come back a hour, someone else will check your ticket and you'll stroll in.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Role call time. Many tickets sold for this I wonder. What's the weather forecast?

poteen wrote: »
    What's the weather forecast?

Cloudy but dry. Can't wait :D

Anyone know what time Adam & Co are due on stage?

The other half is going in to see the sound check and meet the band before the gig at 2. I won't be able to head in until the normal doors open at 6. So 4 hours to kill. Anyone suggest somewhere in the area that will have decent music playing or where there will be a bit of a crowd during the day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shanemcm

We're you turned away?

• Advertisement

shanemcm wrote: »
    We're you turned away?

No, gig is today. We've only one ticket to meet the band so she's going in and I'm waiting until general doors open.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Never been to this venue before. Is it grass? Wellingtons required?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

bah the missuses car died so we wont be going(not bothered with getting the bus) if anyone is in the south east and fancies the two tickets for free then give me a shout, late notice I know :s

wexdevil wrote: »
    bah the missuses car died so we wont be going(not bothered with getting the bus) if anyone is in the south east and fancies the two tickets for free then give me a shout, late notice I know :s

Bummer :( Don't suppose you have PDF files for the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Bummer :( Don't suppose you have PDF files for the tickets?

Unfortunately they're hard copies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Never been to this venue before. Is it grass? Wellingtons required?
    Have you looked out the window recently?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Seasick Steve was great last night, the Crows.. well they were ok. Technically their playing was great, but no stage presence from the grumpy fncker of a lead singer and sod all interaction from him with the crowd. Duritz spent time between every song - every bloody song - giving someone backstage a hard time about something. Then he'd spend his time during songs dicking about at his in-ear monitors. So unprofessional and really distracting. If the sound on stage isn't right you just get on with the show and work around it not bitch about it all bloody night.

• Advertisement

That's harsh, everyone in the band was trying to get messages across so there was obviously something wrong. Agreed there was less interaction than usual but I thought they were trying to pack in as many songs as possible before the curfew.

Advertisement