Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21 Egyptians beheaded in latest video

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I conduct myself how I wish to conduct myself, that's the great thing about living in the West. I don't risk having my head cut off for disagreeing with someone.

Ha ha. You call people troglodytes, twits, fools and amadáns in daily discussion? You must be a fierce popular lad. Aside from that bud, I've zero interest in engaging with people who get their jollies from throwing insults around from behind an avatar, it serves no purpose and as I said above, just makes you come across as a frustrated, odd character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

FTA69 wrote: »
    Ha ha. You call people troglodytes, twits, fools and amadáns in daily discussion? You must be a fierce popular lad. Aside from that bud, I've zero interest in engaging with people who get their jollies from throwing insults around from behind an avatar, it serves no purpose and as I said above, just makes you come across as a frustrated, odd character.

... You're the one that started the insults, insinuating that I'm a racist, when I'm not.

Your credibility is below that of Tom Cruise when he talks about vaccines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Quantitative Easing != Financial Collapse. Fun fact: The dollar is trading at its strongest point since 9/11.

The U.S. is Ireland's largest trading partner, accounting for 21% of our total exports. You really think their economy dropping, or the purchasing power of the dollar dropping, won't affect us? Don't be so naive. A strong dollar benefits Ireland.

The Iranians were singing "death to the West" in the 80s, you really think that Islamification is only a result of U.S. meddling? Once again, don't be so naive.

Of course it matters. If it didn't, do you think NATO would've removed Gaddafi after he ceased his black market dealings, and his funding of terrorism, and halting his WMD ambitions? You really think the U.S. would've blown the Iraqis out of Kuwait in the 90s, or dismantled the entire Iraqi military hierarchy after the invasion in '03, if it wasn't of strategic and economic importance?

It isn't "tin foil hat", it is the history of the petrodollar. The U.S. didn't have their dollar pegged to anything. The Saudis and the Americans finalized the petrodollar agreement in 1973.

Yes I know that QE isn't and doesn't lead to financial collapse which is why I didn't say it would.

You still don't understand. The petro dollar is a meaningless term. And the U.S. invaded for all kind of reasons, many due to deliberate misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Can you not put up a satellite dish on the rock you live under?

Ukraine hasn't left the medias attention from day 1,

Not to be nitpicking but it has escaped the news for a few weeks here and there, particularly just before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    There's so many of things in the news now that I've just become immune to it.
    "80 people killed in suicide bombing in Iraq"
    Me - oh right, what will I have for lunch?

Didn't the whole "I feel sick to my stomach, I think i'll shed a tear" sort of response die out years ago, once people got desensitised to violence?
    I'm sure plenty of people have the same reaction as yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement