Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21 Egyptians beheaded in latest video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Beheaded because they were Christian. No doubt someone will come on here and says it's America's fault. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Jerks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

There's so many of things in the news now that I've just become immune to it.
    "80 people killed in suicide bombing in Iraq"
    Me - oh right, what will I have for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Get them the hell out of there and give every Christain in the middle east who wants refuge in Europe automatic access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Tugboats wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-31481797?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Not as well made as the Pilot one. They have ran out of Western hostages and money is getting tight which I guess is good news

Those weren't hostages though, they were just killed out of sectarian hate. This lot have to be dealt with in the harshest way possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Get them the hell out of there and give every Christain in the middle east who wants refuge in Europe automatic access

Yeah, let's overreact.

Pragmatism out the window, and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Beheaded because they were Christian. No doubt someone will come on here and says it's America's fault. ....

Everything is buddy.

Get with the programme , or the boards.ie branch of Islamic fundis will be after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

its safe to say Christians are facing a rough time of it in these areas of the middle east nowadays with ISIS and their cohorts running around I also read an interesting article of the rising hostilities that christians are facing in Palestine under Hamas

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So a load of Egyptians travel to Libya to fight and work against a regime, subsequently get captured and executed and the public condemns it

Yet an Irishman travels to Egypt to fight a regime, gets captured and faces execution and the same people celebrate it?

This shit gets confusing at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

ISIS lives for the reporting of their actions in foreign media. Most analysts will tell you are mainly fighting this war on social media. Ukraine is barely getting a mention, Europe could be on the brink of a war with Russia. Russia control a ton of the worlds oil and Gas. They have a proper army and nuclear weapons (unlike ISIS). The damage can do to world is minimal. Where as Russia could wipe out most of Europe and North America tomorrow if they wanted.

You no longer see the media talking about the thousands dying beside us in Ukraine. But chooses to talk about a few terrorist who loved to us twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So a load of Egyptians travel to Libya to fight and work against a regime, subsequently get captured and executed and the public condemns it

Where did you get the notion that was why they were there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

So a load of Egyptians travel to Libya to fight and work against a regime.

Reports are saying they were unemployed in Egypt and went to Libya looking for work

Yet an Irishman travels to Egypt to fight a regime, gets captured and faces execution and the same people celebrate it?

What regime would that be? Libya is currently split into a power war at the moment with different groups in control of Tripolli and Bengazi, besides any that any article I've seen says they are just workers trying to make a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

hfallada wrote: »
    You no longer see the media talking about the thousands dying beside us in Ukraine.

Can you not put up a satellite dish on the rock you live under?

Ukraine hasn't left the medias attention from day 1,

ISIS lives for the reporting of their actions in foreign media. Most analysts will tell you are mainly fighting this war on social media. Ukraine is barely getting a mention, Europe could be on the brink of a war with Russia. Russia control a ton of the worlds oil and Gas. They have a proper army and nuclear weapons (unlike ISIS). The damage can do to world is minimal. Where as Russia could wipe out most of Europe and North America tomorrow if they wanted.

You no longer see the media talking about the thousands dying beside us in Ukraine. But chooses to talk about a few terrorist who loved to us twitter.

Ukraine was the main headline on the news today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

How were they working against a regime? :confused: They were migrant workers who happened to be Christian and fall in to the hands of bloodthirsty savages.

Mr. Halawa and his kids are supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood (who are little better than ISIS, still hardcore Islamists) who travelled to Egypt to try and maintain the MB's power in Egypt after their one year rise and fall from grace.

Many aspects of the problems in the Middle East are confusing. That said, there's nothing confusing about the above comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How were they working against a regime?

They're not. I mistook Libya for Syria, where there are thousands of Egyptian fighters on both sides. My bad

It's a good thing I'm not a diplomat =p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Russia will never pull the trigger the ISIS skanks would do it if they had it

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Tugboats wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-31481797?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Not as well made as the Pilot one. They have ran out of Western hostages and money is getting tight which I guess is good news

Appalling indeed much like this:

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/24/when-it-comes-beheadings-isis-has-nothing-over-saudi-arabia-277385.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Palz

I googled the video. Looks fake on viewing but I am not an expert in these matters.
    Hope it is.

• Advertisement

:pac:

What about every other person who wants refuge from horror?
    How about the 3 million Iraqis who are living in squalor after the destruction of their country? Can we give them a roof a 3 squares a day?

What about the 850,000 civvies that are shuddering and whimpering in tent cities inside Russia because the neo-Nazis in Kiev want them massacred. Got a spare bed for them too?

Nodin wrote: »
    Those weren't hostages though, they were just killed out of sectarian hate. This lot have to be dealt with in the harshest way possible.

Like how, Nodin?

From your previous postings you are definitely a rational person. So what is the solution to crimes of this nature?
    Is it the expression of outrage coupled with a teeth-gritting pledge to start dropping bombs and sending in "the troops"? An answer that is as immature as it is futile.

Don't fall for the mob mentality of pushing us all into running with the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They're not. I mistook Libya for Syria, where there are thousands of Egyptian fighters on both sides. My bad

It's a good thing I'm not a diplomat =p

You better believe it !!!...

Your time would be completely taken up with attempting to cater to the every whim of young Irish protesters,locked up by those they were protesting against...and then refusing the deal you had just busted your bullocks arranging for them.......:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Russia will never pull the trigger the ISIS skanks would do it if they had it

Its insane that the west and Russia are once again at loggerheads with each other though this time its worse. both sides have stopped talking to each other on a military level with regard to nuclear security anyways. even throughout the cold war there was an open line so both sides could communicate. this isnt the case at the moment. it doesnt have to be intentional so to speak all it takes is for one person to lose their nerve or somebody make a mistake and that could be that. sooner this situation gets sorted out the safer it will be for all of us.
    The Ukraine crisis has dramatically worsened relations between NATO and Russia. With cooperation on nuclear security now suspended and the lack of a "red telephone," experts at the Munich Security Conference warn any escalation in tensions could grow deadly.

The scientists had no idea that their experiment could spell the end of civilization. On Jan. 25, 1995, Norwegian and American researchers fired a rocket into the skies of northwestern Norway to study the Northern Lights. But the four-stage rocket flew directly through the same corridor that American Minuteman III missiles, equipped with nuclear warheads, would use to travel from the United States to Moscow.

The rocket's speed and flight pattern very closely matched what the Russians expected from a Trident missile that would be fired from a US submarine and detonated at high altitude, with the aim of blinding the Russian early-warning system to prepare for a large-scale nuclear attack by the United States. The Russian military was placed on high alert, and then President Boris Yeltsin activated the keys to launch nuclear weapons. He had less than 10 minutes to decide whether to issue the order to fire.

Yeltsin left the Russian missiles in their silos, probably in part because relations between Russian and the United States were relatively trusting in 1995. But if a similar incident occurred today, as US arms expert Theodore Postol warned recently, it could quite possibly lead to nuclear catastrophe.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-14/nuclear-specter-returns-threat-war-higher-cold-war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Palz wrote: »
    I googled the video. Looks fake on viewing but I am not an expert in these matters.
    Hope it is.

Looked real enough to me. We're you let down by the decline in production value of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This is medieval/Game of Thrones type stuff. I didn't think I could be shocked after the Jordanian Pilot and along comes this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Getting far too close to Europe for my liking. These lunatics have an aim to take Rome in 5 years. As Europe struggles on with attention occupied by the economic disaster it needs to be vigilant. Overthrowing Saddam and Gaddafi looking more and more to be a big mistake. I see a Libyans on twitter wishing Gaddafi days returned.

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/567069515771838464

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭DeadHand

If I met a person today who didn't know what the term "whatboutery" meant I'd show them this post to enlighten them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Both the West and Russia should stop this nonsense over Ukraine and combine to combat the real threat to both their existences.

Radical, expansionist Islam.

Advertisement