Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you pay to change your appearance?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No
    eternal wrote: »
    You'd like my eyes only that I'm a woman and I'm short sighted.

I'm long sighted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

No
    If I had the money I would absolutely get my teeth fixed. I have a weird fang that sticks out slightly and I'm pretty self conscious about it (although a lot less than I used to be).

I'd love a straight smile :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Why worry about the way you are/look ? most folk like difference in appearance, even a crooked tooth can add to the over-all natural appearance of a person, in a good way.

I've met a few women friends in the past that wanted to change their facial appearance, but they looked beautiful the way they were because they just looked naturally good. I did question them about this and said what I said above, but they really thought they needed to change their nose or mouth or eye-bows etc... to me they each looked great the way they were.

And no, I wasn't drunk.

No
    Why worry about the way you are/look ? most folk like difference in appearance, even a crooked tooth can add to the over-all natural appearance of a person, in a good way.

I've met a few women friends in the past that wanted to change their facial appearance, but they looked beautiful the way they were because they just looked naturally good. I did question them about this and said what I said above, but they really thought they needed to change their nose or mouth or eye-bows etc... to me they each looked great the way they were.

And no, I wasn't drunk.

cross-eyed is not a good look.

No
    If I had the money I would absolutely get my teeth fixed. I have a weird fang that sticks out slightly and I'm pretty self conscious about it (although a lot less than I used to be).

my sister got her teeth fixed- inspired me to fix my eyes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

No

I wore braces for three years, got cosmetic dentistry and reconstructions, whitening and am delighted with my teeth now.

No
    efb wrote: »
    I'm long sighted

If we shared eyes we'd be perfect.

No
    If we shared eyes we'd be perfect.

after tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No
    Yes. I paid almost 4K for braces. Best 4K ever spent!

I might end up getting laser hair removal on my back at some point - hairy backs just aren't sexy. :(
    But I don't think I'd ever pay for cosmetic surgery, unless I was morbidly obese and needed gastric band surgery or something.

• Advertisement

cross-eyed is not a good look.

This can be fixed...

• Surgery – straightens and realigns muscles in the eyes; this method has a high success rate although it is expensive and involves more risk than other options.
    • Patching or covering the better-seeing eye – similar to eye drops or ointment, this method works to strengthen the weakened eye.
    The main thing is - is that it can be repaired. So in this case I agree that a person regarding this eye-muscle weakness should go ahead and get it fixed.

No
    This can be fixed...

• Surgery – straightens and realigns muscles in the eyes; this method has a high success rate although it is expensive and involves more risk than other options.
    • Patching or covering the better-seeing eye – similar to eye drops or ointment, this method works to strengthen the weakened eye.
    The main thing is - is that it can be repaired. So in this case I agree that a person regarding this eye-muscle weakness should go ahead and get it fixed.

That's what he's doing. He'll be winking at all the cute people then.

No
    This can be fixed...

It is entirely cosmetic though

It is entirely cosmetic though

Of course. But the main thing is how it might affect the individual regarding their own appearance. It's only a minor thing to get repaired in this day and age anyway. The things they can do now for almost anything blows me away with new technology.

I'll tell you this crazy one... I used to drink a lot of spirits years ago and noticed after time that my right eye was moving out to the right-side of my head believe it or not, and it wasn't going back to its original position after days.

So I stopped drinking spirits full stop and learned to do eye muscle exercises, and after 4 weeks my eye was bang-on position. I used to use my middle finger to push easily my right eyeball to the left stimulating my eye-muscles and after this it got it back to its place.

It's definitely forcing the eye-muscles to engage, and this basic exercise works. I found it amazing that alcohol spirits in my case actually forced my right eye off angle. All grand now though and aligned correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I have brown eyes and would love green/blue eyes so it's always wanting something that we don't have.

We could swap.

No
    We could swap.

If you can see properly then I am on that.

If you can see properly then I am on that.

20/20 vision & I'm 46.

Hard wearing & durable!

No
    20/20 vision & I'm 46.

Hard wearing & durable!
    You'll get long sighted soon! I might get a few years out of them though.

• Advertisement

No

No trading body parts in this thread. Unless I get first dibs

Sound. Are your lamps in good condition though?:)

On topic, I've had a few teeth crowned. It was either that or dentures.

No brainer really.

Also I've a few facial scars as a result of a car crash over 20 years ago.

Bugged me for years, but now I think they give my face 'character'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I've a few facial scars

Pirate girls dig scaaarrrrrrrrs.

No
    Sound. Are your lamps in good condition though?:)

On topic, I've had a few teeth crowned. It was either that or dentures.

No brainer really.

Also I've a few facial scars as a result of a car crash over 20 years ago.

Bugged me for years, but now I think they give my face 'character'.

My lamps are A1 but my eyes aren't the best.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Pirate girls dig scaaarrrrrrrrs.

Aaaarrrrrrrrrr scaaaarrrrrrs!

Ah. I don't mind about it now. I found my Pirate girl & now I'm Maaarrriiiiiedddd!

Or whatever.

Anyway it's not a problem now.:)

My lamps are A1 but my eyes aren't the best.

Ah no. I thought eyes were lamps. Your's are faulty. no can do!

What did you mean about lamps?????????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

No
    How can 44% of AHers have voted No:confused:

Even if you exclude common purchases like hair gel, haircuts and skin products, have you never had braces on your teeth; had your teeth whitened or subscribed to a gym? The intended outcome of those purchases is equally as noticeable as strabismus correction imo.

I don't see a problem with paying to change your appearance. I don't think I'd undergo any invasive procedures, except maybe if I began to lose my hair and had to get a Wayne Rooney op.

No
    Ah no. I thought eyes were lamps. Your's are faulty. no can do!

What did you mean about lamps?????????????:confused:

I was joking about breasts to a married guy haha. Not to worry.

No
    Post op in recovery now

• Advertisement

No
    War wound

Advertisement