Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DX Lucky bags... $20.02

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I would look at it as an omen. The revenue think the package is worth over 26euro. You might have a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Maybe thats why my ones delayed ! Or maybe it had a counterfit something or another and got blown up, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I was keeping an eye on my lucky bags progress using the tracking number. I became aware on 3rd April that the package had been sent to Customs.

I preemptively sent them a PDF of my PayPal invoice without waiting for their notification letter.

Seems that Customs have an Easter backlog as I only got the letter yesterday, followed promptly by an email confirming package would be delivered without charges.

If the invoiced value is under €22 (we all paid c.€18) then Customs should release the goods without charge.

I know mine contains an IP camera as that's what is listed on the Customs letter. The letter gives clear enough instructions on what to do. If you didn't use PayPal then a screen grab from DX website with the value will suffice.

Considering most IP cameras on DX are $40-60 I'm pretty happy with my outlay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got an IP camera as well. How does one use this sucker? There's no power cord with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

sKeith wrote: »
    login to the dealextreme website account manager and screenshot the screen which has your address along with total US$ 20.02

Send it along to them. they will release the package and you won't have to make further payments.

Your Fortune Is Here. Limited Offer Only in Chinese Lunar New Year. Big Discount!

Thanks for that, did just as you suggested and got an email back an hour later saying its cleared and will be on it way Monday.

:)

Will post back here with what I get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I got an IP camera as well. How does one use this sucker? There's no power cord with it..

If you work that out, let me know. I am thinking of making a complaint. It might be slow going but they have been known to be decent in the past I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How do you track orders. I'm going in circles on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

d31b0y wrote: »
    If you work that out, let me know. I am thinking of making a complaint. It might be slow going but they have been known to be decent in the past I think.

Mine's going in the bin to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

d31b0y wrote: »

Its most likely PoE if it doesnt include a PSU. It'll cost you another €20 to get a PoE kit though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

fdevine wrote: »

I preemptively sent them a PDF of my PayPal invoice without waiting for their notification letter.

What email address did you use?

• Advertisement

A projector and a phone case. Not bad.

Me happy!

https://instagram.com/p/1aUrJhC8iy/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

god's toy wrote: »

Me happy!

That projector looks pretty sweet - were all parts (plug, etc.) included?

There you go, proof that the longer it takes the better it is, ill be getting a lexus at the rate im going !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

That's how they get ya.

That projector looks pretty sweet - were all parts (plug, etc.) included?

Yep everything was in an unopened box. That's remote control, cables and power supply.
    All good so far!
    Will test as soon as I get home after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

branners69 wrote: »
    What email address did you use?

dmc@revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Batzoo

Me happy!

We have a winner!!!

My real dissapoinment is that I ordered 2 bags and got the same in each. I now see that there was indeed variety. Next time I will leave a few days between orders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Mine's going in the bin to be honest.

I'll take it if you dont want it.

Even trade you a deadly remote control car

Me happy!

https://instagram.com/p/1aUrJhC8iy/

Did you get a chance to review it ? I took a look around, I'm afraid the projector is 320x240 pixels. On the plus side I guess its good for retro gaming or some kind of raspberry Pi project.

imitation wrote: »
    Did you get a chance to review it ? I took a look around, I'm afraid the projector is 320x240 pixels. On the plus side I guess its good for retro gaming or some kind of raspberry Pi project.

Yep it works fine and in almost every way its a must have... except for the fact the resolution is so low despite it having a VGA, USB, SD card AND HDMI input.... Fail.

For low res stuff its perfect however so perfectly fine for pi.. Maybe. Wish they had a 1080p version for around the same price!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I got this car camcorder, so am happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

EMTFTOZ.jpg?1

I want a projector!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Look at the model on that radiation phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Dashcam and a phone cover.
    Dashcam looks decent. Will get some use out of it anyway.
    Thanks again op

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

http://www.dx.com/p/tv-898-dual-core-android-4-1-google-tv-player-w-wi-fi-1gb-ram-4gb-rom-otg-tf-eu-plug-188450#.VTfRW3M1iBY

I got the above plus a dash cam loose in the envelope plus the I phone cover so I am winning!!

uIPLYJYm.jpg

Finally after much waiting mine has come ! Check out what I got.

ppC3hFCm.jpg

A Wireless IP camera, not too shabby ! Theres also something else.

imBTn9am.jpg

Now this is pretty kick ass, its a 5.5" android Smart phone with 1 gb of ram, not bad for $20 !

Z8JzG78m.jpg

An Iphone 4s ?? I didn't think DX sold these ?? :confused:

JIqABiSm.jpg

A Majoras Mask New 3DS, this one is a surprise to say the least.

MZbx0qjm.jpg

A Pressure washer ? Is this some kind of a tardis gift bag ?

Warning the above may have been a load of bull and random boxes found about my house, here is my Projector and IPhone 5c case !

prXU8PFm.jpg

Cya all at next years DX's Lucky Bag games !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Me happy!

So I got a revenue letter asking for proof of purchase as well, which was fine, and the letter said it was a "projector", so I hope I get the same!
    Should be delivered today. Would be a win, cause we just discussed not getting a TV in the dining room, but it would come in handy for keeping the kids entertained the odd time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

For low res stuff its perfect however so perfectly fine for pi.. Maybe. Wish they had a 1080p version for around the same price!!!

Well if they do have 1080s, I suspect they wouldn't put them in their lucky bags! :)

Here is one of these projectors in action -

Advertisement