Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 11/02/2015 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he is afraid of seeing the number six and five together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

A full day party in groups of 2 or 3 at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

in fairness he does sound like a really decent guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

great company...but only if you stand in front or behind him, definitely not beside...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

the_monkey wrote: »
    I know. I actually want to meet up and laugh with him about Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

signostic wrote: »
    his phobia must be here, i couldn`t be bothered going through them all

http://www.ojohaven.com/fun/phobias.html

:D
    Aulophobia: Fear of flutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

snubbleste wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wants to give this guy a hug?

No, he sounds like a nice guy. I know we are having a bit of fun at his expense, but none of it is malicious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Joe is reading the thread

Hi Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Aulophobia: Fear of flutes.

what would a fear of aul coddle be called i wonder

M

€24.99 for a fire and carbon monoxide alarm, everyone at risk should get one before they die...

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-8-mar/products-detail-page/ps/p/lifesaver-home-safety-pack/

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    No, he sounds like a nice guy. I know we are having a bit of fun at his expense, but none of it is malicious?

he sounds like he could take a slagging over his peculiarities

• Registered Users Posts: 39,056 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

As far as I know there was a requirement (ie, legal) to have lining fitted in chimneys for stove installation, for ten years or so.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

the_monkey wrote: »
    Absolutely, the only positive post I've read here, the sarcasm of boards is getting very stale here.

Just an individual with some problems, deserves a bit of sympathy, not sarcasm, I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Carbon Monoxide alarms in Aldi only €26.95

6a00d83452237c69e2013488aeb76f970c-pi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

snubbleste wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wants to give this guy a hug?

I'd love to buy him a pint.

New pub opening in Galway today too and that's where I'm headed.

He's welcome to join me but unfortunately his anxiety issues prevent him from doing so.

I hope someday he gets over it and does recover and finds a way to face the world with confidence again.

Because his condition does sound awful in fairness, the more you think about it.

I'd crack up if I wasn't able to go to pubs on Fridays :(

My offer of a pint is always there for him.

Right, Fox's here I come. :)

M

Robert2012 wrote: »
    Carbon Monoxide alarms in Aldi only €26.95

Or €15 on Donedeal for the environmentally friendly version...

38583530.jpeg

http://www.donedeal.ie/birds-for-sale/canaries-for-sale/8808873?offset=15

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only 14 pages of posts today? Must have been an exceptionally dull exciting epiosde of the Joe Show.....

Heard some of the last guy as I was driving home. Sounded like an awful nice fella, with a good sense of his own peculiarity, who has his situation nicely sorted to suit himself.

What in the name of Jaysus was he doing on to Joe, who poked and prodded so much about illness and disability and lonliness the poor man will probably need counselling for the next month after it.

I'm assuming he actually rang in about the price of a pint of milk, or the fact that the sun shone today, or the cabbages he's growing in his back garden - ie something entirely other than what Joe eventually boxed him into talking about for 15 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,056 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I dunno; it's lost in the mists of time, like beer in the gutter.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bjork wrote: »
    Ask if the disability benefits fund the cruises

is social anxiety a disability??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Hitchens

fryup wrote: »
    big time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

fryup wrote: »

or a useful (to some) defence mechanism?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Only 14 pages of posts today? Must have been an exceptionally dull exciting epiosde of the Joe Show.....

Heard some of the last guy as I was driving home. Sounded like an awful nice fella, with a good sense of his own peculiarity, who has his situation nicely sorted to suit himself.

What in the name of Jaysus was he doing on to Joe, who poked and prodded so much about illness and disability and lonliness the poor man will probably need counselling for the next month after it.

I'm assuming he actually rang in about the price of a pint of milk, or the fact that the sun shone today, or the cabbages he's growing in his back garden - ie something entirely other than what Joe eventually boxed him into talking about for 15 minutes?

He rang up to say that he had been investigating some holidays ( I missed the start but presume there was an earlier caller on about them) and that they were very expensive for single travellers

He rang up to say that he had been investigating some holidays ( I missed the start but presume there was an earlier caller on about them) and that they were very expensive for single travellers
    Much as I thought. I even heard him telling Joe that "we've gone very far off the point" :D

I heard quite a bit of his call, and would never ever have known it was about anything other than his social anxiety/disability/lonliness/whatever Joe wanted to talk about.

Did he get to talk about what he rang in about at any point at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Hitchens

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Did he get to talk about what he rang in about at any point at all?

no, 5 minutes in Joe had him diagnosed with OCD .......(after a lot of 'wows', 'my gods', etc) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hitchens wrote: »
    no, 5 minutes in Joe had him diagnosed with OCD .......(after a lot of 'wows', 'my gods', etc) :)

Jesus, if Woe was any good you'd imagine he'd try to steer such a caller in a positive direction?

I didn't hear it myself but it seems like he was his usual grim reAper self today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just read the thread and it looks like Joe up to his old tricks again by extracting misery from an otherwise content caller. Not going to listen back but have a good weekend boardsies! Hopefully see you on Monday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hitchens wrote: »
    no, 5 minutes in Joe had him diagnosed with OCD "As it's called" .......(after a lot of 'wows', 'my gods', etc) :)
    FYP

Jesus, if Woe was any good you'd imagine he'd try to steer such a caller in a positive direction?

I didn't hear it myself but it seems like he was his usual grim reAper self today.....
    Positive? Encourage? Joe?

You must be joking :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe Duffy is a threat to public health , surprised that no experts have called him out, Joe Duffy is either soaking in negativity or stoking a witch hunt.

• Advertisement

the mother was not happy with Joes treatment of our last caller when i went home for a chat this evening:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement