Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is just sick...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

That's not feminism, that's mental illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Shrap wrote: »
    No, it's not. However, your "which lets be honest" line is SO far off the mark it's laughable. If people don't want to be pregnant for whatever reason, they may choose abortion and I have no problem with that. I do, however, have a problem with the notion of this "special class of stupid" person reproducing.

Very glad she did abort actually.

Perhaps you can explain how the suggestion that the vast majority of abortions performed are for lifestyle reasons is 'dishonest'?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pro-choice argument: 'it's her body, her choice'...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

conorhal wrote: »
    Perhaps you can explain how the suggestion that the vast majority of abortions performed are for lifestyle reasons is 'dishonest'?
    Certainly.

It's dishonest to suggest that lifestyle (your entire life trajectory, your plans for the future, your job, your financial circumstances, your relationship status - good or bad, your current family balance, your housing situation, your hopes, your dreams) isn't a valid basis for a decision for or against having a baby and raising a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Get your sharpening stones here folks. I've only three sharpening stones left. C'mon lads those axes won't sharpen themselves.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »

Well it is. That doesn't mean I have to agree that her choice was for "feminist reasons". Or that I can't think that it's tragic that she feels that way - she clearly needs help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It isn't meant to condone sexism. This really isn't an issue about the abortion in itself. But this is how she will perceive each and every male child, with such aggressive and negative prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

No, it's not. However, your "which lets be honest" line is SO far off the mark it's laughable. If people don't want to be pregnant for whatever reason, they may choose abortion and I have no problem with that. I do, however, have a problem with the notion of this "special class of stupid" person reproducing.

Very glad she did abort actually.

I too find myself glad that she did abort. I can't imagine the type of life that little boy would have had living with a misandrist like that, growing up being blamed for the 'crimes' of his gender. Like a girl born into a heavily patriarchal society who is constantly taught that she is worthless.

It's only a shame that this woman can't be stopped having children in future so that she won't be able to poison her daughters' minds with her bile.

Certainly.

It's dishonest to suggest that lifestyle (your entire life trajectory, your plans for the future, your job, your financial circumstances, your relationship status - good or bad, your current family balance, your housing situation, your hopes, your dreams) isn't a valid basis for a decision for or against having a baby and raising a child.

Then don't get pregnant. If you do, don't punish the child for that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

'I find it hard to hate anybody, their faults are not their own, but usually rather the product of an environment or social circle they have been exposed to. I beg most of you, for your own good, take a look at yourself and decide right now if you want to spend the rest of your life angry on the internet, or if you want to fight for a woman’s right to do what she wants with her body'

That's her response...

You know with all that fighting for womens rights, your child had a right too.... a right to life...absolutely sickening. One of the comments on the site nailed it on the head she is not a feminist...she is a Misandrist (Someone who hates men).

I'm on the fence for Pro choice but doing this is all kinds of wrong and f***** up.

• Advertisement

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Get your sharpening stones here folks. I've only three sharpening stones left. C'mon lads those axes won't sharpen themselves.

I think you mean knitting needles?

And the overly simplistic rhetoric begins.

It's not a child when it's a minute foetus with no central nervous system. "Don't get pregnant" is laughable due to the very high contraceptive errors that happen whether you're careful or not (my first child resulting from such an error, but I thought I was in a position to raise him).

Better/cheaper access to contraception and a far better sex education policy at state level, plus better support for parents would greatly cut down on the need for abortion services but will never eliminate the need.

Next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

I'm quite happy when idiots chose to abort their offspring as opposed to contaminating the gene pool with their spawn.

Surely we should all applaud her decision?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lana didn't have an issue with getting pregnant, just with it being male.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

She is not a feminist, it sounds like she has issues and if that is the case she needs them sorted before becoming a parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

This has nowt to do with abortion and everything to do with a woman obviously having mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

This has nowt to do with abortion and everything to do with a woman obviously having mental health issues.

And using her warped version of feminism as a front.

It isn't meant to condone sexism. This really isn't an issue about the abortion in itself. But this is how she will perceive each and every male child, with such aggressive and negative prejudice.

Really?

Abortion is one of the areas most abused with sexism, and is causing population imbalances in places like China and India, rising incident of sex selective abortions in the UK.

Then what is the man wants to keep the baby when the woman is pregnant and she doesn't, sexism there too by pro-choice advocates who say 'its her body', yet if the man doesn't want it, he could very well still be pursued for payment when the child is born.

It is a sexism paradise for both the adults and the unborn.

I'm surprised the abortion happy folk in AH are not supporting her.

Shows what a great little country we are to stick to our guns and not allow abortions on demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm quite happy when idiots chose to abort their offspring as opposed to contaminating the gene pool with their spawn.

Surely we should all applaud her decision?

No we shouldn't, because that would be an equally daft justification for such behaviour. If you're aiming to portray yourself as a morally and intellectually superior human being to someone else, taking joy in others misfortune really isn't helping your case.

Your limited understanding of genetics doesn't lend your intellectual capacity any credibility either.

But mental health issues are a reason for abortion under our law, she could have argued here she was going to kill herself if she was made have that baby boy, so to have an abortion.

and is causing population imbalances in places like China and India, rising incident of sex selective abortions in the UK.

This is not a problem with abortion services being available, it is a societal and cultural problem that needs to be addressed by the societies and cultures in which one gender is seen as worthy and the other is not. Nothing to do with abortion and everything to do with inequality between the genders.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

If true, then that is one of the most sexiest & petty things I have ever heard.

Jaysus, even in China it's illegal to have an abortion based on the sex of the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I'm surprised the abortion happy folk in AH are not supporting her.

Shows what a great little country we are to stick to our guns and not allow abortions on demand.

Nah, we just make it so only those who can afford it can have one.

Depraved wrote: »
    Jaysus, even in China it's illegal to have an abortion based on the sex of the child.

True, but it's hardly surprising there are people aborting based on gender in a culture where girls are seen as less useful/a huge financial undertaking to raise.

This is not a problem with abortion services being available, it is a societal and cultural problem that needs to be addressed by the societies and cultures in which one gender is seen as worthy and the other is not. Nothing to do with abortion and everything to do with inequality between the genders.

I disagree, there are also cases of forced abortions in China. It is the abortions that are killing the unborn, and it all comes from a poor perception of what human life is, and how precious every life whether male or female is..

I disagree, there are also cases of forced abortions in China. It is the abortions that are killing the unborn, and it all comes from a poor perception of what human life is, and how precious every life whether male or female is..

I completely disagree with you. See my comment about societal inequalities between the genders.

Plus, I have no particular sentimentality regarding the "unborn", but I do think it's a massive problem in China for their gender balance - all down to their cultural classing of one gender as preferable to another and of course their massive over-population problems. Not at all applicable to a country where one gender isn't seen as preferable to another, so it doesn't really count in Ireland at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I'm blessed to have one of each, boy and girl. My boy was diagnosed with cleft lip and palette at 20 weeks - there are people out there who abort when they hear that. This disgusting individual aborted purely because it was a boy and yet she can't understand why her family don't support her. Did she not have a father? Or anyone male influences in her life growing up who were a positive influence on her? Or has she a chip on her shoulder with the whole world and blames men for all the wrongs in the world? The likes of her disgust me - I hope she never experiences the joy of holding her own newborn in her hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The face of abortion that those on here with the 'champagne on ice' for day they manage to push through abortion on demand would rather nobody talked about and the papers won't publish because it would perhaps cause people to question the wisdom of their nhillistic culture of death.

An individual with some evident mental health issues is not the 'face' of arbortion. No more than a driver that drives reckelesy and deliberately into a crowded area is the 'face' of motorists. It is a sad story but is in no way reflective of any of the valid reasons for the need for arbortion to made available such as fatal foetal abnormality etc.

As for your 'nhillistic culture of death' ? seriously what hat are you taking that piece of rhetoric from?

Advertisement