Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Victim Kayla Mueller Sent This Letter To Her Family Before She Was Killed. :(

Options
  • 10-02-2015 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Kayla Mueller was an idealistic, many would say naive, young woman who believed she could make a difference in this dark world. Moved by the plight of helpless Syrian refugees especially children displaced by the cruel civil war she volunteered to go to the Middle East to help them. She was kidnapped the barbarian savages of ISIS in 2013 and was tragically killed apparently in a Jordanian airstrike on a building where she was held prisoner in Raqqa, Syria now capital of the so-called Islamic State.

This is the full transcript letter she wrote to her family:

Everyone, If you are receiving this letter it means I am still detained but my cell mates (starting from 11/2/2014) have been released.

I have asked them to contact you + send you this letter.

It’s hard to know what to say.

Please know that I am in a safe location, completely unharmed + healthy(put on weight in fact); I have been treated w/ the utmost respect + kindness. I wanted to write you all a well thought out letter (but I

didn’t know if my cellmates would be leaving in the coming days or the coming months restricting my time but primarily) I could only but write the letter a paragraph at a time, just the thought of you all sends me into a fit of tears.

If you could say I have “suffered” at all throughout this whole experience it is only in knowing how much suffering I have put you all through; I will never ask you to forgive me as I do not deserve forgiveness.

I remember mom always telling me that all in all in the end the only one you really have is God. I have come to a place in experience where, in every sense of the word, I have surrendered myself to our creator b/c literally there was no else….+ by God + by your prayers I have felt tenderly cradled in freefall.

I have been shown in darkness, light + have learned that even in prison, one can be free. I am grateful.

I have come to see that there is good in every situation, sometimes we just have to look for it. I pray each each day that if nothing else, you have felt a certain closeness + surrender to God as well + have formed a bond of love + support amongst one another…

I miss you all as if it has been a decade of forced separation. I have had many a long hour to think, to think of all the things I will do w/ Lex, our first family camping trip, the first meeting @ the airport.I have had many hours to think how only in your absence have I finally @ 25 years old come to realize your place in my life.

The gift that is each one of you + the person I could + could not be if you were not a part of my life, my family, my support. I DO NOT want the negotiations for my release to be your duty, if there is any other option

take it, even if it takes more time.

This should never have become your burden. I have asked these women to

support you; please seek their advice. If you have not done so already, [REDACTED] can contact [REDACTED] who may have a certain level of experience with these people.

None of us could have known it would be this long but know I am also fighting from my side in the ways I am able + I have a lot of fight left

inside of me.

I am not breaking down + I will not give in no matter how long it takes.

I wrote a song some months ago that says, “The part of me that pains the most also gets me out of bed, w/out your hope there would be nothing left…” aka -­ The thought of your pain is the source of my own, simultaneously the hope of our reunion is the source of my strength.

Please be patient, give your pain to God.

I know you would want me to remain strong.

That is exactly what I am doing.

Do not fear for me, continue to pray as will I + by God’s will we will

be together soon.

All my everything,

Kayla
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

God bless her. She went there to help. .......and paid for it with her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

The U.S. have now claimed she was not killed in a Jordanian airstrike but was murdered by her ISIS captors.

I've seen graphic pictures and videos of what those sick twisted b*st*rds have done to other hostages and what they have done to Yazidi women so the thought of what that poor girl went through before she died fills me with an overwhelming rage.

Jordan have vowed to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth.

I hope they waste the motherf*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

seems pretty scripted to me.
    God is great, ISIS aren't that bad...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

The U.S. have now claimed she was not killed in a Jordanian airstrike but was murdered by her ISIS captors.

I've seen graphic pictures and videos of what those sick twisted b*st*rds have done to other hostages and what they have done to Yazidi women so the thought of what that poor girl went through before she died fills me with an overwhelming rage.

Jordan have vowed to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth.

I hope they waste the motherf*ckers.

Does the US have any evidence to corroborate their claims?

I haven't seen or heard or read anything on the news regarding what you say.

Could you supply a source please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That seems very ****ty un American English for someone who supposedly speaks it as a first language. Coerced or scripted, perhaps? Seriously Isis it's "a-n-d" not "plus".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Egginacup wrote: »
    Does the US have any evidence to corroborate their claims?

I haven't seen or heard or read anything on the news regarding what you say.

Could you supply a source please?

I think America are going by the email that Jihadi John sent her parents. It's probably a picture of her with no head.

The parents were apparently sent two headshots of her dead body showing her face.
    One showing her wearing a black headscarf and another of her wearing a burial shroud.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Tugboats wrote: »
    I think America are going by the email that Jihadi John sent her parents. It's probably a picture of her with no head.

So did they say they killed her in the email or simply that she's dead? And what's this talk of an airstrike?

Egginacup wrote: »
    So did they say they killed her in the email or simply that she's dead? And what's this talk of an airstrike?

The airstrike is just nonsense designed to drive a wedge between Jordan and the US.

It will only work with the usual useful idiots who say it is wrong to use airstrikes again terrorist targets because civilians nearby will be killed.

Those morons don't seem to realize that if we can't take out terrorists for fear of killing civilians nearby then no military action against terrorists would ever be possible.

Similarly last week relatives of the previously murdered hostages appeared on tv claiming the US should start paying ransoms to secure the release of hostages as if there would no consequences for doing so.

Another school of thought seems to be if we just gave hugs and kiss to terrorists they would stop killing people because the evil they do must in some way be our fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

The airstrike is just nonsense designed to drive a wedge between Jordan and the US.

It will only work with the usual useful idiots who say it is wrong to use airstrikes again terrorist targets because civilians nearby will be killed.

Those morons don't seem to realize that if we can't take out terrorists for fear of killing civilians nearby then no military action against terrorists would ever be possible.

Similarly last week relatives of the previously murdered hostages appeared on tv claiming the US should start paying ransoms to secure the release of hostages as if there would no consequences for doing so.

Another school of thought seems to be if we just gave hugs and kiss to terrorists they would stop killing people because the evil they do must in some way be our fault.

This political propaganda message was brought to you by the Chuck Norris/Internet Warrior Ass Kicking Alliance Party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can't understand why people are still going there, when it's well known at this point of the dangers of being kidnapped and/or being killed there...

Avoid the Middle East like the plague!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Interviewing her friend now on democracy now on rte radio extra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Can't understand why people are still going there, when it's well known at this point of the dangers of being kidnapped and/or being killed there...

Avoid the Middle East like the plague!

Some people like to post selfies of themselves on Facebook helping those in war torn countries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Tugboats wrote: »
    Some people like to post selfies of themselves on Facebook helping those in war torn countries

Pretty nasty thing to say. From everything I have read, she was just trying to help people. Its really pathetic to take a shot at someone who was murdered by ISIS, and imho isn't a million miles away from victim blaming.

Mueller was associated with the Palestinian solidarity movement and as part of her activism lived among Palestinians to prevent home demolitions and Israeli settlements. She sympathized with Palestinian terrorists.Her solidarity with the Muslim people and her anti-Israeli political position was not enough to save her. That's what the idiots who loudly oppose the War on Terror just don't get it. The terrorists see no difference between left wing and right wing infidels. They just see infidels. Useful idiots but still infidels who they will behead or crucify or burn alive or gang rape to death when they have outlived their usefulness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Mueller was associated with the Palestinian solidarity movement and as part of her activism lived among Palestinians to prevent home demolitions and Israeli settlements. She sympathized with Palestinian terrorists.Her solidarity with the Muslim people and her anti-Israeli political position was not enough to save her. That's what the idiots who loudly oppose the War on Terror just don't get it. The terrorists see no difference between left wing and right wing infidels. They just see infidels. Useful idiots but still infidels who they will behead or crucify or burn alive or gang rape to death when they have outlived their usefulness.

Are you trying to make some link between the Palestinian people and movements and IS?

Hamas share the same Islamofascist ideology as IS.

Read the Hamas Charter.

End of lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mueller was associated with the Palestinian solidarity movement and as part of her activism lived among Palestinians to prevent home demolitions and Israeli settlements. She sympathized with Palestinian terrorists...

Yup, I can see where this thread is going.

Mueller was associated with the Palestinian solidarity movement and as part of her activism lived among Palestinians to prevent home demolitions and Israeli settlements. She sympathized with Palestinian terrorists.

A bunch of nasty victim blaming lies. Utterly pathetic to attack this Woman in this manner, and quite frankly disgusting and typically of the far right part of boards.

So basically, if your a victim of ISIS and the far right part of boards doesn't like your politics, they will engage in victim blaming. Wow, a new low right there.

Nope. IS is hostile to Hamas and they have different ideologies.

• Advertisement

Hamas are as much a nationalist movement as they are a Religious one, ISIS are not. ISIS have even attacked Hamas for not being extreme enough. So no, not the same ideology.
    Read the Hamas Charter.

Hamas drops call for destruction of Israel from manifesto

There election manifesto supersedes that document.....
    End of lesson.

A lesson in telling us that in addition to your disgusting victim blaming, that you have no idea what you talking about......

wes wrote: »
    A bunch of nasty victim blaming lies. Utterly pathetic to attack this Woman in this manner, and quite frankly disgusting and typically of the far right part of boards.

So basically, if you a victim of ISIS and the far right part of boards doesn't like your politics, they will engage in victim blaming. Wow, a new low right there.

Let's get one thing straight. ISIS killed her. They either murdered her themselves or killed her by keeping her prisoner as a human shield in Raqqa so that she died in a Jordanian airstrike. She DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE.

Her politics sucked and led to her being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Her death should be a wake up calls. The Islamic terrorists want to kill us ALL regardless of differing views in the West regarding capitalism, world hunger, religion, gay rights, Palestine/Israel, American imperialism/exceptionalism, climate change/hoax, abortion/pro-life etc etc etc.

They see us as infidels and they want to kill us all.

Poor sweet innocent cute naive Kayla was indoctrinated with the usual left wing crap and bought into the propaganda against Israel and she probably opposed the war on terror and the rest of the left wing shopping list. She probably opposed Bush, loved Gore's Inconvenient Truth, voted for Obama and then was shocked he was a war President etc etc.

She went to Syria for good reasons to help innocent Syrian people and she deserves to be called a hero.

The savages in ISIS saw her as an infidel and nothing more.

I don't want to imagine what those b*st*rds did to her before she died.

If they allowed her to live she was never coming home - probably she would have ended her days as a sex slave and breeding mare for some guy named Ahmed or Rashid or Mahmoud in some dirty poor one goat village and forced to dress in a tent.

Her contemporaries on American campuses who loudly oppose American military action against terrorists and probably oppose military recruitment on campus are just like her. Naive cocooned from the reality of a brutal world and who think non violence and talking and cultural understanding and hugs will bring about world peace.

Today Obama is seek authorization to expanded the war against ISIS citing the deaths of American hostages including Kayla.

Those very same college kids who share Mueller's impossibly twee world view will oppose it of course.

They don't seem to realize or want to know that if ISIS were to arrive on their college campus their severed heads and crucified bodies would be quickly decorating the place.

Let's get one thing straight. ISIS killed her.

He hasn't said otherwise.

Perhaps if you concentrated on that fact, rather than shoehorn an anti-left rant and stop trying to smear the Palestinian cause, we could get back to the topic.

Nodin wrote: »
    Nope. IS is hostile to Hamas and they have different ideologies.

In the past SS were hostile to the SA and Stalin was hostile to Hitler.

Fast forward to today.

ISIS is hostile to Al-Qaeda.

Iran is hostile to the Saudis.

Hamas and Hezbollah are both hostile to Israel but Sunnis and Shias want to slaughter each other.

They are all Islamic fundamentalist savages.

You are only talking about degrees of extremism and savagery and bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Let's get one thing straight. ISIS killed her. They either murdered her themselves or killed her by keeping her prisoner as a human shield in Raqqa so that she died in a Jordanian airstrike. She DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE.

Her politics sucked and led to her being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Her death should be a wake up calls. The Islamic terrorists want to kill us ALL regardless of differing views in the West regarding capitalism, world hunger, religion, gay rights, Palestine/Israel, American imperialism/exceptionalism, climate change/hoax, abortion/pro-life etc etc etc.

They see us as infidels and they want to kill us all.

Poor sweet innocent cute naive Kayla was indoctrinated with the usual left wing crap and bought into the propaganda against Israel and she probably opposed the war on terror and the rest of the left wing shopping list. She probably opposed Bush, loved Gore's Inconvenient Truth, voted for Obama and then was shocked he was a war President etc etc.

She went to Syria for good reasons to help innocent Syrian people and she deserves to be called a hero.

The savages in ISIS saw her as an infidel and nothing more.

I don't want to imagine what those b*st*rds did to her before she died.

If they allowed her to live she was never coming home - probably she would have ended her days as a sex slave and breeding mare for some guy named Ahmed or Rashid or Mahmoud in some dirty poor one goat village and forced to dress in a tent.

Her contemporaries on American campuses who loudly oppose American military action against terrorists and probably oppose military recruitment on campus are just like her. Naive cocooned from the reality of a brutal world and who think non violence and talking and cultural understanding and hugs will bring about world peace.

Today Obama is seek authorization to expanded the war against ISIS citing the deaths of American hostages including Kayla.

Those very same college kids who share Mueller's impossibly twee world view will oppose it of course.

They don't seem to realize or want to know that if ISIS were to arrive on their college campus their severed heads and crucified bodies would be quickly decorating the place.

You sound insane. If you're that worried about ISIS killing us all why not become a mercenary and do something about it?

Also, who are you a re-reg of?

In the past(...........) and bigotry.

It's odd how your blanket statements are made when you've been condemning the blanket approach of IS a post or two beforehand, without a trace of irony.

He hasn't said otherwise.

Perhaps if you concentrated on that fact, rather than shoehorn an anti-left rant and stop trying to smear the Palestinian cause, we could get back to the topic.

Kayla Mueller's naive hippy dippy b*llsh*t politics were the reason she was in the Middle East.

She reminds me of those naive left wing save the world types in the movie the Green Inferno by horror director Eli Roth who travel to the Amazon to save a lost tribe from logging companies.

Their plane crashes and they encounter the tribe they want to save who tear them apart and eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

and the jewish terrorists of the israely government military and their supporters don't care whether your useful or not, if your not of the right stock or your on land they want to steal, expect to be eradicated and your homes demolished

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Kayla Mueller's naive hippy dippy b*llsh*t politics were the reason she was in the Middle East.

She reminds me of those naive left wing save the world types in the movie the Green Inferno by horror director Eli Roth who travel to the Amazon to save a lost tribe from logging companies.

Their plane crashes and they encounter the tribe they want to save who tear them apart and eat them.

......fairly sure she wasn't actually there to "save" IS.

Does it strike you as appropriate to fire more venom at the womans politics than her killers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Are you trying to make some link between the Palestinian people and movements and IS?
    of course he is . don't you know, if you don't support israel or the failed war on terror your obviously a member or supporter of terrorism

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement