Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ned Flanagan Sunday 15 Feb

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Fair play to your man in the go pro - entire race without one turn in the front. He is my new hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

ROK ON wrote: »
    Fair play to your man in the go pro - entire race without one turn in the front. He is my new hero.

Saving himself for the sprint!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Saving himself for the sprint!

The only time you need to be at the front is when crossing the line.

Non-sprinters need not apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

ROK ON wrote: »

Not exactly true; he jumped with 10km to go, rode up to the Lucan rider ahead, did a bit on the front, then got caught again. All good footage. And on the correct side of the road too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

We may as well decide now if this is going to be the rest of the season. Is every thread going to be a rant filled critique of what we all know is inevitable until the ROTR are enforced or are we going to discuss the basics of the race itself? Cos to be honest, the forum as it is is filled with enough moaning and needless criticism and not enough of the fun stuff. Let's have a bit of fun for a change? Eh? Otherwise we can fill every Pro Race thread with doping speculation and every amateur race with ROTR debate.

So... Getting out of A4 looks like it might be tough this year. Regret not just ticking A3 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

We may as well decide now if this is going to be the rest of the season. Is every thread going to be a rant filled critique of what we all know is inevitable until the ROTR are enforced or are we going to discuss the basics of the race itself? Cos to be honest, the forum as it is is filled with enough moaning and needless criticism and not enough of the fun stuff. Let's have a bit of fun for a change? Eh? Otherwise we can fill every Pro Race thread with doping speculation and every amateur race with ROTR debate.

So... Getting out of A4 looks like it might be tough this year. Regret not just ticking A3 tbh.
    you mean ignore a serious and recurrent safety issue because it gets in the way of fun stuff?

Sundays batch of newbees now think its fine to skirt the rules because everybody else seems to get away with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: It is an issue that deserves a thread if its own, I will set one up later and move said posts into it. It is wrong, it should not be done but this isn't the thread for it. I will link a thread momentarily.

Here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057382236

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Neon LCRC vs neon LCRC

Even saxo bank took our colours :-)

I remember chatting to a club mate at a race last year beside two other "club mates" and saying loudishly how typically people never show up for training, then they show up at the start of the season and won't even talk to other members of the club.

All jesting aside, even though there's no copyright or trademarks, at the very least it lacks the slightest bit of creativity.
    To make even more of a moot point, our more recent gear says "Lucan" instead. But I like living in the past. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

Numbers for the A1-2 race for 2014-2015, used the same equipment, finished in the same group(bunch) both years. Sorry about the formatting, VB is a mystery to me.

Distance----57.25 km
    57.21 km
    Time
    01:27:29
    01:29:45
    Avg Speed-39.3 km/h
    38.2 km/h
    Max Speed-64.3 km/h
    60.5 km/h
    Avg HR
    163 bpm
    164 bpm
    Max HR
    182 bpm
    186 bpm
    Avg Power--217 W
    200 W
    Max Power--925 W
    818 W
    5 sec
    869 W
    739 W
    1 min
    427 W
    383 W
    5 Min
    292 W
    264 W
    20 Min
    235 W
    225 W
    Weight
    70 Kg
    75 Kg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

And the weather - identical!!!

9℃ 19 km/h SSE wind
    7℃ 19 km/h S wind
    Humidity 76%
    Humidity 66%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭madrichie

coppinger wrote: »
    Numbers for the A1-2 race for 2014-2015, used the same equipment, finished in the same group(bunch) both years. Sorry about the formatting, VB is a mystery to me.

Distance----57.25 km
    57.21 km
    Time
    01:27:29
    01:29:45
    Avg Speed-39.3 km/h
    38.2 km/h
    Max Speed-64.3 km/h
    60.5 km/h
    Avg HR
    163 bpm
    164 bpm
    Max HR
    182 bpm
    186 bpm
    Avg Power--217 W
    200 W
    Max Power--925 W
    818 W
    5 sec
    869 W
    739 W
    1 min
    427 W
    383 W
    5 Min
    292 W
    264 W
    20 Min
    235 W
    225 W
    Weight
    70 Kg
    75 Kg

Cheers for sharing - you don't have the normalised power for the race by any chance?

Advertisement