Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ned Flanagan Sunday 15 Feb

Options
  • 10-02-2015 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Let the games begin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

And the A4 bashing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Why don't we stick to times, course etc eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Forecast looks decent

10953399_908116495885290_5689912595971554710_n.jpg?oh=5bfc8a3b2dba5659cfabd76a9d9f2db2&oe=555555D5&__gda__=1431084479_404155a6d4c8ddba56cb4c5a1f0d097b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Koobcam wrote: »
    Forecast looks decent

Shorts? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There was a good few in shorts last year, despite the cold.

Don't mind wearing shorts for the racing. It's the waiting around before freezing that I hate :D

For anyone doing this as their first race -

http://www.stickybottle.com/coaching/coaching-no-nonsense-guide-to-preparing-for-your-first-race-of-the-season/

The bit about bog roll is very important. :)

Looks like numbers are gonna be down this year, considering the tumbleweed in this thread. May possibly be a handicap again this year then.

Looks like numbers are gonna be down this year, considering the tumbleweed in this thread. May possibly be a handicap again this year then.

Hope not. Did it the year before last (my first open race) when it was a handicap and it was bit sketchy when we were caught.

• Advertisement

daragh_ wrote: »
    Hope not. Did it the year before last (my first open race) when it was a handicap and it was bit sketchy when we were caught.

Snap! Except I wasn't there when they caught the A4s

I got blown out the back without mercy! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

Haven't got my CI race license yet..any chance one can race under a one day license or is that mechanism scrapped now?

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Granolite wrote: »
    Haven't got my CI race license yet..any chance one can race under a one day license or is that mechanism scrapped now?

Use the emailed pdf they sent you when you paid.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Use the emailed pdf they sent you when you paid.

This. This is my first year actually going with a proper licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

Paid for my licence on 24jan and it arrived in the post yesterday, no excuses for not racing sunday, only a headcold can save me now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bambaata

coppinger wrote: »
    Paid for my licence on 24jan and it arrived in the post yesterday, no excuses for not racing sunday, only a headcold can save me now!!!

Numbers and all? I paid for mine in December and still nothing!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bring the printout of your licence, explain the situation and you'll be issued with temporary numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

daragh_ wrote: »

Had good numbers last year, so hopefully will be similar this year. No other races on the calendar for this weekend that I know of and the weather looks like it will be fine, so no excuses really. Good location for a race as well, easy to get to and plenty of parking in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

Numbers and licence arrived in the post yesterday. Paid for a fortnight ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Same as, they must go out in batches. Paid under two weeks ago, all recieved yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

So was it separate races last year?
    Slo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    So was it separate races last year?
    Slo

A4 was seperate anyway, don't know about the rest

They had three races last year. A1/A2, A3/Women and A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just got the race bike out of the loft, put it back together, gave it a nice set of shiny new Open Corsas, charged the battery, took it for a quick spin round the block, nice to hear the whoosh of the deep rims signifying the end of the winter, and the start of the new season. No ambition beyond hoping to not get dropped on account of this being allegedly flat as a pancake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I heard there is a big fook off climb in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

bcmf wrote: »

It's all relative . A small hillock to me ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

bcmf wrote: »

No there isn't.

Unless they changed the route from when I did it.

There's a little bit of a climb, then a sharp enough descent, nice big left hand corner, two cattle grids, a golf course or something, then back on the main road. It's mostly tiring false flats though, well tiring for some.

I'm finding the lack of interest in the race via the forum really interesting... have potential A4s been scared away or are we all just a bit more experienced now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

maybe the lack of interest is because the race is 15 quid this year :)

Advertisement