Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free or cheap nutrition courses.

Options
  • 09-02-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place or has been asked before.

I'm 37 now, I started running and cycling last year to lose weight and get back in shape. I'm 5' 6" and was 13 stone. I lost 2 stone and got fairly fit but my body fat content was probably still pretty high. I was slimish but still soft.

I put on 8lbs over Christmas due to overindulgence and an injury that has stopped me doing much since October. I've lost that weight now but want to drop to 144lbs, that's another 10lbs. I'll drop that once I get more active again. I'd like to know a lot more about nutrition so I can lose fat as well as weight. I'm pretty clueless at the minute.
    Do any of you know of any cheap or free online courses I could do to educate me?

Thanks in advance and sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

If you read all the stickies and links in this forum that would be a good start and very educational and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There's a wealth of resources in the stickies that could guide you.

I know you're looking for courses but a lot of this information is readily available andt he stickies will inform and point you in the right direction of where to look.

Fitness Basics including diet and nutrition

Nutrition 101

Another good resource is www.sigmanutrition.com. Easy to understand - good blogs and podcasts too.

And plenty of knowledgeable people here to answer questions you might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Cheers, I'll have a look at those this evening.

Advertisement