Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joey Hannan 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

On off chance , anyone on here know the name of the photographer that was sitting on the hill taking photos half way through the bike course on Sunday? Inquired with TRI Limerick but they don't seem to have any idea who it was!

spotted him as well, know he got a shot of me coming up the hill. no idea who he was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

mossym wrote: »
    spotted him as well, know he got a shot of me coming up the hill. no idea who he was though.

Ya same here. Love to see the photos , but he dosent seem to have made himself known to anyone involved with the race :(

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

mossym wrote: »
    same bike course every year. all you need to do is do LTC's other race the Hotw and it averages out,that's 44km long:)

What distance was the bike?
    Super performance from Carolyn Hayes.

37.26k according to my 920....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

37.26k according to my 920....

With a speed sensor on the wheel or off GPS?

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    With a speed sensor on the wheel or off GPS?

Just the GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Just the GPS.

Recommend for most, particularly power meter users, not to use GPS for speed, and by extension distance. Nice little strava maps yes. but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

tunney wrote: »
    Recommend for most, particularly power meter users, not to use GPS for speed, and by extension distance.

Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Distance measured at the wheel is going to be far more accurate than variable GPS reading. (as long as you calibrate for wheel and tyre size)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

AKW wrote: »
    Distance measured at the wheel is going to be far more accurate than variable GPS reading. (as long as you calibrate for wheel and tyre size)

Ah, but that magnet and sensor ain't very aero. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement