Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Other
    iroced wrote: »
    [off-topic]

If this ratio is correct, with the current amount of teams overall it would mean that there are 1,964,547 active teams in the game. Put your GW rank into perspective ;).

[/off-topic]

Don't say that :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Silva
    Some of the zombie teams will have Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Kane
    iroced wrote: »
    [off-topic]

If this ratio is correct, with the current amount of teams overall it would mean that there are 1,964,547 active teams in the game. Put your GW rank into perspective ;).

[/off-topic]

that doesnt even put me in the top 25 % ...i prefer it the other way....top 15 % yay lol.... back on topic no aguero.....so going hazard and silva vice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Silva
    Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Silva
    Really can't help but feel like 17 people are making a very strange decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Silva
    CSF wrote: »
    Really can't help but feel like 17 people are making a very strange decision.

17 people mightn't have Aguero!

Silva
    Lemlin wrote: »
    17 people mightn't have Aguero!
    17 people should be bringing in Aguero!!!

Silva
    17 people should be bringing in Aguero!!!

I agree but then to those who don't know the returns he can bring, he's not firing on all cyclinders yet. He only has one assist since he came back.

Hopefully he unleashes hell this weekend.

Silva
    I agree but then to those who don't know the returns he can bring, he's not firing on all cyclinders yet. He only has one assist since he came back.

Hopefully he unleashes hell this weekend.

Agreed, but surely anyone posting on here is well aware of the Aguero factor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Other
    Agreed, but surely anyone posting on here is well aware of the Aguero factor

Who is this Aguero of which you speak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Hazard
    Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Silva
    Well I've backtracked from my earlier thoughts regarding captaining Hazard. Armband will be on Aguero. I think Hull will put every man behind the ball for the majority of the game but if City get an early goal the floodgates could open and Aguero will surely be involved if the reigning champs do go on to win by 4 or 5.

I also can't afford to captain anyone other than Kun because I fear a load of my near rivals will captain him so it's far too risky to look past the little Argentinian.

TL;DR - Captain Aguero, no ifs buts or maybes

Silva
    jebforever wrote: »
    Well I've backtracked from my earlier thoughts regarding captaining Hazard. Armband will be on Aguero. I think Hull will put every man behind the ball for the majority of the game but if City get an early goal the floodgates could open and Aguero will surely be involved if the reigning champs do go on to win by 4 or 5.

I also can't afford to captain anyone other than Kun because I fear a load of my near rivals will captain him so it's far too risky to look past the little Argentinian.

TL;DR - Captain Aguero, no ifs buts or maybes

Even if Hull put ten men behind the ball, I don't think they are good enough to keep City at bay.

Silva
    Even if Hull put ten men behind the ball, I don't think they are good enough to keep City at bay.

Yeah that's it, City at the Etihad will more than likely find a way past the Hull rearguard. If one goes in pretty early, we could be talking a demolition job.

Cue shock 1-0 Hull win now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Silva
    The man from Delmonte says Aguero!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Silva
    I'm considering transferring out Sanchez. And bringing in Sterling. And captaining him.

Is it madness?

Now to explain my reasoning, it's Stevie G's last Merseyside derby and I'm expecting a goalfest. Evertons defence is as leaky as... a leaky bucket, and now that Sturridge is also back I expect Sterling will benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm considering transferring out Sanchez. And bringing in Sterling. And captaining him.

Now to explain my reasoning, it's Stevie G's last Merseyside derby and I'm expecting a goalfest. Evertons defence is as leaky as... a leaky bucket, and now that Sturridge is also back I expect Sterling will benefit.

No. After Aguero he'd be my choice too.
    Liverpool play spurs at Anfield on Tues night too and the pace and movement of sterling, Coutinho (coming into great form) and sturridge will cause spurs all sorts of problems I'd say.

Silva
    No. After Aguero he'd be my choice too.
    Liverpool play spurs at Anfield on Tues night too and the pace and movement of sterling, Coutinho (coming into great form) and sturridge will cause spurs all sorts of problems I'd say.

That Aguero is the main problem with my plan isn't he. The vast majority of players will captain him, so it comes down to taking a huge gamble by captaining someone else and hope Aguero blanks, or captain the Argentinian as a blocking manoeuvre to not lose too much ground to my main rivals.

I hate gameweeks like this where there is an overwhelming choice of captain. :pac:

I may just build up the courage yet to press the red button before the deadline and go for Sterling.

The aggregate score between Liverpool and spurs in the last 3 games is 11-0 to Liverpool.

I'm a Spurs fan and as much as if pains me to say it, Rodgers absolutely schooled Pochettino in the fixture earlier this season. Tactically he was spot on.

At the time the spurs players where only 2 or 3 games into learning their new managers tactical philosophy and we have come a long way since last September but watch this weekend and Tuesday how both Wenger and Rodgers target both spurs full back, especially Rose (if he starts ahead of Davies)

Silva
    The aggregate score between Liverpool and spurs in the last 3 games is 11-0 to Liverpool.

I'm a Spurs fan and as much as if pains me to say it, Rodgers absolutely schooled Pochettino in the fixture earlier this season. Tactically he was spot on.

At the time the spurs players where only 2 or 3 games into learning their new managers tactical philosophy and we have come a long way since last September but watch this weekend and Tuesday how both Wenger and Rodgers target both spurs full back, especially Rose (if he starts ahead of Davies)

That's why I plan to bring in Sturridge. Spurs were lucky it wasn't five or six earlier in the season.

Would love a 1-1 today with goals by Giroud and Eriksen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Kane
    I wouldve thought Hazard was a banker for sure............Ageuro is only really back after a long spell on the sidelines, I'd be concerned as to his sharpness but also if he'll even start and get the full 90 mins???

Silva
    tunguska wrote: »
    I wouldve thought Hazard was a banker for sure............Ageuro is only really back after a long spell on the sidelines, I'd be concerned as to his sharpness but also if he'll even start and get the full 90 mins???

No way. Aguero starts for sure. 70 minute Aguero at home >>>> 90 minute Hazard away

Kane
    No way. Aguero starts for sure. 70 minute Aguero at home >>>> 90 minute Hazard away

Ok cool, Aguero it is so............

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aguero all the way,watched Hull last week and they were woeful,if they do the same this week, City will steamroll them.

Silva
    I'm always wary of runaway captain polls. The outstanding cappo candidate often disappoints and I'm left wondering why I didn't go with my gut. This time my gut is saying Hazard but Aguero home to Hull looks like a bit of a no-brainer.

Feck it anyway, should've trusted my gut!

Kane
    Feck it anyway, should've trusted my gut!

Yeah me too, would've gotten 20 pts for hazard. Lesson learnt.......always trust your instincts.

Silva
    tunguska wrote: »
    Yeah me too, would've gotten 20 pts for hazard. Lesson learnt.......always trust your instincts.

In my case my instincts were telling me to go with Sterling. Kind of happy I stuck with Aguero now!:o

I can safely say that in all my years playing this game, my captain choices this season have been the worst by far. I reckon there has been only 3 or 4 occasions throughout the season where I've ended up happy with my captain at the end of the gameweek.

After the hammering they took last weekend isn't there a greater chance that hull will go there and play for a 0-0.

It's unlikely they will get a 0-0 but I don't see Hull been on the receiving end of another thumping

Wish I had listened to my own concerns.

Logically a captaincy choice of Aguero makes perfect sense especially considering his form earlier in the season.

Just looking at that stat from MOTD re : Man city's record without Toure in the team. I think I'll leave him in my team but put the captaincy elsewhere until Toure returns ... which can't be too far away now

Advertisement