Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Captain

Options
  • 02-02-2015 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling a certain Argentine who plays for Man City is going to dominate this poll.....
    (No, it isn't Demichelis :pac: )

Who are you captaining this week? 159 votes

Aguero
    0%
    Silva
    84%
    garMiguel_SanchezDempseymaddsmachiavellianmeAdMMMsionnachNichololasShaque attackSooner or Later[Deleted User]Roddy23WombatmanLemlinBinkaMacker1Rikandzarquonbillymitchellpatmac 135 votes
    Hazard
    5%
    ionapaulDubliner288-10shrewdnessIan WhelanthunderdogDeco99IsMiseMyself 8 votes
    Kane
    5%
    L'profjamesbondingstunguskablackwaveDietsquirtauldgrannyGoonersDarkPassengerJeremyr 9 votes
    Sturridge
    1%
    [Deleted User]bangkok 2 votes
    Sterling
    0%
    Rojiblancos 1 vote
    Giroud
    0%
    Cazorla
    0%
    Di Maria
    1%
    SkySterInvincibleBleating Lamb 3 votes
    Other
    0%
    Gits_bone 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Silva
    spock. wrote: »
    I have a feeling a certain Argentine who plays for Man City is going to dominate this poll.....
    (No, it isn't Demichelis :pac: )

My two main rivals have both WCed and don't have him in yet so a hat trick would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Silva
    The last time I was this certain of captaining Aguero he went off after 5 minutes :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Silva
    The last time I was this certain of captaining Aguero he went off after 5 minutes :)

I captained Benteke that GW and Villa scored not one goal, but two! I won't be turning my back on Sergio this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Silva
    aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Silva
    If only every gw was this easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Silva
    AGUERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Silva
    14/14 votes for Sergio, waiting for some sick minded fcuker to vote for Balotelli or some other for the sake of disgruntling those who suffer from OCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I picked other and going with oscar, villa have been useless and hopefully I see another 5-0 win

Silva
    DVDM93 wrote: »
    14/14 votes for Sergio, waiting for some sick minded fcuker to vote for Balotelli or some other for the sake of disgruntling those who suffer from OCD.

and there it is, some twisted fcuker has voted 'other'. Poll ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

DVDM93 wrote: »
    and there it is, some twisted fcuker has voted 'other'. Poll ruined.

Well I'm sorry I'm in a draft league and had no choice!!!!

• Advertisement

Silva
    Hococop wrote: »
    Well I'm sorry I'm in a draft league and had no choice!!!!

You always have a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

How come there's no Pelle in the poll?! OH well, looks like I'll have to go for Aguero!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Silva
    I'm always wary of runaway captain polls. The outstanding cappo candidate often disappoints and I'm left wondering why I didn't go with my gut. This time my gut is saying Hazard but Aguero home to Hull looks like a bit of a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Silva
    How come there's no Pelle in the poll?! OH well, looks like I'll have to go for Aguero!

The Pelle bandwagon has sailed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva
    Aguero the stand out choice but...
    jebforever wrote: »
    I'm always wary of runaway captain polls. The outstanding cappo candidate often disappoints and I'm left wondering why I didn't go with my gut. This time my gut is saying Hazard but Aguero home to Hull looks like a bit of a no-brainer.

frighteningly spot on :o.

Silva
    Go with your guts lads, too early to be playing it safe. That being said, Villa could set up shop like Swansea did after their 5-0 embarrassment. I have no doubts about Aguero but also didn't have any doubts for his blanks against West Ham and Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Silva
    Sure other players could and probably will out score Aguero this week but he just might out score the lot of them too. Hull at home, I've got no doubt who I'll be picking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Those without Aguero will be pretty rattled going in to this gameweek.

Silva
    Go with your guts lads, too early to be playing it safe. That being said, Villa could set up shop like Swansea did after their 5-0 embarrassment. I have no doubts about Aguero but also didn't have any doubts for his blanks against West Ham and Swansea.

Yeah but since there's an "s" at the end of "guts" :p I have some guts telling me Aguero's a no-brainer home to a team who conceded 3 home to Newcastle and other guts reminding me (like jebforever did) that most recent stand out captain choices epically failed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Silva
    dahat wrote: »
    Those without Aguero will be pretty rattled going in to this gameweek.
    I'm shocked that he only has 22.7% ownership! Is it a case of people who went crazy re-enforcing other areas of their team when he was out and now don't know who to get rid of to fit him back in?

• Advertisement

Silva
    AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm shocked that he only has 22.7% ownership! Is it a case of people who went crazy re-enforcing other areas of their team when he was out and now don't know who to get rid of to fit him back in?

Dead teams are up to 43% according to FFFix and I would guess most serious players will have him in this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Other
    I've never had aguero when he's got his massive hauls before, nevermind having him captained when he does it. Would be nice for him to get 3 or 4 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Silva
    Dead teams are up to 43% according to FFFix and I would guess most serious players will have him in this week.
    That's what I thought too, but surely they would have got him in at the beginning of the week and not lose value? Would be obviously different if there was a mid-week FA Cup game for City! Or maybe I'm giving casuals a bit too much credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He hasn't scored big yet, so casuals haven't hopped on. That's all.

A huge amount of players are just sheep, waiting for players to score well THEN get them in. That works for getting you in the top 100k come May. However, you'll struggle to get top 10k and higher with that way of playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

After the hammering they took last weekend isn't there a greater chance that hull will go there and play for a 0-0.

It's unlikely they will get a 0-0 but I don't see Hull been on the receiving end of another thumping

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Silva
    After the hammering they took last weekend isn't there a greater chance that hull will go there and play for a 0-0.

It's unlikely they will get a 0-0 but I don't see Hull been on the receiving end of another thumping

Thats always a risk when a team gets thumped, that they will shup shop in the next game. See Swansea at Southampton last week (to my cost).

But Hull have been woeful for quite a while now and could get thumped by anybody any given week.

Silva
    That's what I thought too, but surely they would have got him in at the beginning of the week and not lose value? Would be obviously different if there was a mid-week FA Cup game for City! Or maybe I'm giving casuals a bit too much credit?

My brother hasn't owned Aguero all season and my friend only got him in for Sunderland and then he got injured the next match. "He's too expensive" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Silva
    Have to go for Aguero, yes he could blank again but not having him captained for a probable rout will do a lot of damage in my mini leages.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Silva
    FHFC wrote: »
    Thats always a risk when a team gets thumped, that they will shup shop in the next game. See Swansea at Southampton last week (to my cost).

But Hull have been woeful for quite a while now and could get thumped by anybody any given week.

Hull have had an atrocious run with injuries.

• Advertisement

Silva
    [off-topic]
    Dead teams are up to 43% according to FFFix

If this ratio is correct, with the current amount of teams overall it would mean that there are 1,964,547 active teams in the game. Put your GW rank into perspective ;).

[/off-topic]

Advertisement