Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday

Options
  • 01-02-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

Some great cards at Fairyhouse and Musselburgh today. Think today will be a day for favourites though. Have Hidden Cyclone (6/4) and El Namoose (10/11) in a double.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Birch Hill is clearly held in high regard by the Henderson team. Bitterly disappointing on his first two starts, he posed an effort to work on when 5th to Thomas Brown last time out. That form has worked out well and he should go close today. Up again in class but more importantly up in trip, we may see him at his best today. Was hoping for a little more than the 5/2 on offer though.

The Grey Taylor looks a huge price in the first at 11/2, unbeaten under Richard Johnson.

Punchestown I think you meant! Treble it with quantitiveeasing in the first

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

twinlights done me some good turns so ill take him to turn over hidden cyclone

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

El Namoose disappointing there, ran no race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Quitor De Tresor at bottom weight at 14/1 looks a decent bet in the 130

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Not having a bet but think Hargam could be vulnerable in next. He's obviously the class horse but don't think he's the most genuine and can see McCoy getting him into a battle which he doesn't want. Could be very wrong but we'll see..

*Very wrong. Impressive enough, that

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

General Principle 5-6 4.40
    Sweet deal 3-1 3.00
    Kruzhlinin 12-1 4.30
    Aminabad 2-1 2.40
    Sword Fish 7-1 4.10

2288-1 Accumulator

Boo yaw

Falls at the first. Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Any eejit that backed Quantitative easing at odds on deserves all they get but by God that was a woeful run. Young ger Fox is a fit lad,was flat to the boards on Ipsos du Berlais all the way round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Open Eagle was a shocking price and probably wouldn't have won but that was as poor a ride as you'll see Ruby give.

Bapak Bangsyerwan 14-1 2.50
    I like ew

• Advertisement

3.10 at Punchestown could be a decent race. Mydor's all the rage and not surprising giving how cosily he's been winning but anyone backing him at his current price needs help. Plenty of decent opposition and it's a Pertemps qualifier so hard to know who's trying. I think Sir Abbott and Lean Araig both have their chance at decent prices,Sir Abbott was well punted last time and travelled a dream but didn't have much when push came to shove,not surprising given it was probably the 1st time he was asked to try,i think he's got a future in staying handicap hurdles no matter what happens today. I ad Lean Araig backed last time having heard good talk of how he's working and he duly obliged winning cosily but up 9lb is an ask but i think he can do it as he's unexposed and lightly races and will at least be trying as Oliver'd love to have one for the festival and he'll have to win to get in i'd suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

3:20 Chelmsford City

Blackthorn Stick

Back down to a winable mark after a good run lto. Keniry is just after winning in the last race and I think he'll double up.

Mydor looks the likely winner here, in search of value I am having a few each way on Prince Rudi at 33s. He has won over course and distance, headgear is back on with a decent claimer taking 5lbs off.

Hatta Stream 33-1 ew 3.20
    Very weak race. Finished ahead of a few of these 3 back. NIce draw and a place
    up for grabs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

What a terrible commentary......retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Taxi for Dessie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

How did Mydor not win that race that's me done till Cheltenham.

Some in play layers could have been murdered there after the Dessie masterclass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Shemale wrote: »
    Some in play layers could have been murdered there after the Dessie masterclass.

whatuthink was matched at around 5/2 in running on Betfair

Dessie Scahills some boy. Will people ever learn backing horses at ridiculous prices in open handicaps

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »
    whatuthink was matched at around 5/2 in running on Betfair

Ouch, someone couldn't believe luck until after the race!!

Twinlight has to win this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Hah! Dessie is gone to the dogs lately.

Bright New Dawn 4-1
    Megamunch 5-1
    Arashi 11-1

Treble .

Trip not a worry for Bright new dawn?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    How did Mydor not win that race that's me done till Cheltenham.

Outbattled

Dessie Scahills some boy. Will people ever learn backing horses at ridiculous prices in open handicaps

Who backed him at ridiculous prices Mydor was 4/1 when the betting opened last night. I wouldn't touch him at 7/4 but had a nice wedge at 7/2 he looked well in at the weights.

Who backed him at ridiculous prices Mydor was 4/1 when the betting opened last night. I wouldn't touch him at 7/4 but had a nice wedge at 7/2 he looked well in at the weights.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular but he was obviously getting backed at the 7/4 mark or he would've drifted. 7/2 or 3/1 was about the right price imo. Lean Araig was one of the 2 horses i was interested in in the race but not punting today so missed out on a decent priced winner. No fun

Is Chelmsford using some sort of different surface?

I presume not just watched a few races today and nearly every winner has hacked up which is unusual for the all weather.

Is Chelmsford using some sort of different surface?

I presume not just watched a few races today and nearly every winner has hacked up which is unusual for the all weather.

Looks very slow,like Southwell. Only suits certain horses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Elliots there looks a nice prospect.

Advertisement