Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Still going through ME1, on the last section of it now.

Despite my intentions.... Kaiden still bit it. Never made it through a play yet! I had planned to keep him this time, but when presented with the choice of rescueing him or Ashley - i couldn't help but consider (1) regardless of Ashley saying the nuke was going to go off regardless... Saren was there and the nuke had to be protected and (2) I said two nice things to Kaiden and he went full on love puppy. back off buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cheers!

I done a fair amount of them but getting pain me arse with doing very similar ones over and over ha.

I obviously just don't want to miss anything that will effect future games.

There is almost nothing in the ME1 sidequests that will affect ME2/3. At best you will get an extra line of dialogue here and there or an email to your terminal.

The only non-main quest I would recommend you do is the Rogue VI on Earth's moon and Bring down the Sky. As noted, these won't really affect anything but they do give essential background on some plot points.
    Still going through ME1, on the last section of it now.

Despite my intentions.... Kaiden still bit it. Never made it through a play yet! I had planned to keep him this time, but when presented with the choice of rescueing him or Ashley - i couldn't help but consider (1) regardless of Ashley saying the nuke was going to go off regardless... Saren was there and the nuke had to be protected and (2) I said two nice things to Kaiden and he went full on love puppy. back off buddy.

If you are a biotic, its worth keeping Kaiden around to get access to reave in ME3. Beforehand I usually saved Ashely, but she definitely voted Brexit so she can **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Markitron wrote: »
    There is almost nothing in the ME1 sidequests that will affect ME2/3. At best you will get an extra line of dialogue here and there or an email to your terminal.

The only non-main quest I would recommend you do is the Rogue VI on Earth's moon, Bring down the Sky. As noted, these won't really affect anything but they do give essential background on some plot points.

Grand fairly sure I've already done that. I might go back to the side missions at some point but in general I'm enjoying the main story more!.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You get a decent amount of small details if you complete all the sidequests. A fair few characters pop up for minor dialogue during 2 and 3, and it really adds to the sense that its your story.

Not for the "collect 10 dog tags" type ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a shame James wasn't in Kaidan's spot in ME1. He's a far better character and carnage is an amazing ability.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's a shame James wasn't in Kaidan's spot in ME1. He's a far better character and carnage is an amazing ability.

I have played ME3 3 or 4 times and have never selected him once. Not sure why.

I have played ME3 3 or 4 times and have never selected him once. Not sure why.

I rarely pick him either (or the sexbot) because I'm so attached to Liara, Tali, Wrex and Garrus like everyone else but if he were in from the first game I think he would be much more highly thought of compared to clingy Kaidan or Brexit Ashley.

I rarely pick him either (or the sexbot) because I'm so attached to Liara, Tali, Wrex and Garrus like everyone else but if he were in from the first game I think he would be much more highly thought of compared to clingy Kaidan or Brexit Ashley.

Edi is probably my most used squadmate, she has incinerate and overload which pretty much cover all your bases by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Edi is probably my most used squadmate, she has incinerate and overload which pretty much cover all your bases by itself.

Edi and Liara was basically like playing easy mode during Insanity. Edi for shields and armour, Liara for singularity with double Throw for biotic combo from my Shepard got me through 99% of fights.

I try to vary the team, though i always bring Garrus and Liara for the main story missions. Swap Liara for Tali on any of the Geth related missions. Javik, James and Edi are mainly used on the N7/Cerberus quests.

Below article has a fair bit of info on what squad has the most amount of unique dialogue.

https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Temporaryeditor78/squadmate-mission_matchups_for_maximum_dialogue_immersion#mass_effect_III_

• Advertisement

Edi and Liara was basically like playing easy mode during Insanity. Edi for shields and armour, Liara for singularity with double Throw for biotic combo from my Shepard got me through 99% of fights.

Shame they are no use against that poxy final marauder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Having great fun with Origin here. Reminds me why I never usually buy games new and always wait for months :) Should have waited here too.

I live in a not great internet location, and I have limited monthly download limit of 250GB.

Anyway last night I started up ME launcher to play for the first time in days. And it suddenly said I required a 52GB patch before I could play it any more (was working the night before). I googled and sure enough they have released 1.03v.

Well at my download speed that would mean I would not be playing. So I made other plans. But with my download limit I couldn't get it anyway. So in the end I paid for my 4G "24 hours unlimited download" option, and used that instead. Left it running.

Checked it at 1.5GB/52GB and all was well. Check it again at 2GB and it had now changed to 2GB/7GB! Well that was a waste of buying the 24 hour download.

Anyway I had other plans so left it running. Checked it this morning and it was marked "complete" so I went to work.

Just now I started it up again and the Launcher opens, but it cant/wont launch any of the games. It starts to, then crashes out back to the launcher.

Clicked "verify" option to check the game files. And now..... 2 hours before my 24 hour download package expires it has to "repair" the files. 45GB to download :)

I will start it anyway. With any luck its artificially inflated the download expectation again and it will all suddenly right itself.

No love for Origin here :)

Anyway fully completed ME1 and ME2 in new legendary (think pretty much 100% completion on both). So looking forward to restarting ME3 from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Was playing the Citadel DLC tonight and it got me thinking. The mission with all your squadmates taking part in the fight, where you had Mako and Hammerhead providing fire support, while you and your squad moved through could have been utilized in the final mission of the game too.

Imagine, you finally reach Earth after spending so long trying to gather allies, and everyone is there to help you out in the final battle. Or at least, everyone who is still alive is there. So basically all squad members from ME1, 2, and 3 would be part of the final mission providing support in some way to you, as well as other allies you gathered along the way.

So for example, there could be different parts of the mission where your allies would help you out. So let's say you get ambushed by reaper forces and it looks like your team is outnumbered. The Krogan forces led by Grunt or Wrex provide reinforcements making things easier, and in the final fire fight, your whole team comes to provide assistance in the final push.

I realize now that they can't change the game now, but it would have been nice to see something like that in the final mission of Mass Effect 3. Citadel got it right though, it was a nice love letter to players.

I agree to letting Diana Allers on the ship just so I get to kick her off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Realised now
    destroying the Genophage cure
    may have been a mistake as I think about starting ME3. Finished it when it came out and only played it the once. I've never played any of the DLC either so its going to be an almost new game experience. Also, I made a mistake in getting the reaper IFF. Thought I could do two missions and in
    return I got to watch Kelly Chambers get liquified. :-/

You're not missing anything with that 2nd spoiler. Tiny part in the 3rd game, one i forgot was even in there.

1st spoiler though can have a pretty big impact on Tuchanka.

Coming to the conclusion of my playthrough now. Finished all the main missions and DLC, with just Citadel to go before the end game. Will get stuck into it tonight, and finish what has been another extremely enjoyable run of the games. Easily one of my favourite games/series of all time.

I thought you could get the platinums in one playthrough but apparently you need to start a NG+ for ME3 to upgrade a weapon to +10. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I started Mass Effect Andredmeda twice today, because my male Ryder came out looking like prince charming from shrek with a permanent confused look on his face. Not exactly what I was going for. I think I'll just go for default Scott Ryder although I'm not too keen on his facial hair. I wish you could customize the default character as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I thought you could get the platinums in one playthrough but apparently you need to start a NG+ for ME3 to upgrade a weapon to +10. Annoying.

Can't you buy the +5 - 10 through the spectre requisitions?

In case anyone subscribed to EA Play Pro for the month to clear this, and your expiration is coming up, you can keep the game running and minimized even after cancelling. Had to leave it running since Sunday night, as i was a few hours away from clearing it and didn't fancy spending another €15 quid.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Can't you buy the +5 - 10 through the spectre requisitions?

No, the max you can get to is +7 in a single playthrough. To get to a +10 you have to import your character and start a NG+ and play up to the citadel.

If you set the difficulty to narrative and have the game choose all your dialogue, you can fast skip through almost every conversation and knock it out in less than a half hour.

I thought I'd do a renegade playthrough after this run but I just don't have the heart to be mean to Tali, Mordin, Garrus and my son, Grunt.

I thought I'd do a renegade playthrough after this run but I just don't have the heart to be mean to Tali, Mordin, Garrus and my son, Grunt.

Grunt responds really well to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm doing a basically full paragon run through at the moment (with some renegade pieces where they make sense, imo).

I am looking forward to a big renegade run through.

Might leave garus on the Citadel in ME1, might bring Wrex along to deal with him at Virmire.

Finished it this morning, and once again annoyed that i missed that last speech check with the Illusive Man. Have cleared the game several times now, and have never managed to get that one. Think its because of the first conversation on Mars.

As for a Renegade run, i can't bring myself to do a full one. Kill Wrex? Betray Mordin? Hook up and get killed by Morinth? No way..except maybe that last one :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    Finished it this morning, and once again annoyed that i missed that last speech check with the Illusive Man. Have cleared the game several times now, and have never managed to get that one. Think its because of the first conversation on Mars.

As for a Renegade run, i can't bring myself to do a full one. Kill Wrex? Betray Mordin? Hook up and get killed by Morinth? No way..except maybe that last one :pac:

Even renegades must find it hard picking Morinth. Samara is infinitely the better character.

Kiith wrote: »

The Renegade checks are the same as the paragon ones, just angry though? I played Renegade in ME1 and didn't kill Wrex when I chose the red option.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leviathan DLC was class, amazing bit of lore about the reapers! Just have Citadel DLC and then last 2 story missions to do. Really looking forward to Citadel.

I'm waiting until I get Tali before doing the DLCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Shepard's lost her eyelids again. :(
    555982.jpg

Advertisement