Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Fry on confronting god after death

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

If it's the Jews we need to be careful of, Ireland is the place to be. There are like, what, 12 or 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

If it's the Jews we need to be careful of, Ireland is the place to be. There are like, what, 12 or 13?

The good people of Ireland had a few pograms and then fended them off during Nazism so we're alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

And Im just saying that since man came out of the trees we have moved about the globe, countries have changed, cultures have changed. Its always happened. It always will. Stop fretting.

Well how come Europe is the only continent that has to harbour all these immigrants. It is not done anywhere else in the world to the extent it is in Europe on a systematic level. There are certain high up folk who are engineering immigration policies to open border status for Non Europeans into Europe. SWEDES set to be an ethnic minority in SWEDEN in 30 years, is this okay? And dont give me that ****e about Europe being developed so people wanna move here. Japan & Korea are highly developed and have almost 100% homogeneous populations, they just dont take any **** from marxists and zionists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

They can form a coalition with the Muslims and those Catholic Democrats.

Policies about women, gays and people who arent their religion will be put through at record speed.

random1337 wrote: »
    Well how come Europe is the only continent that has to harbour all these immigrants. It is not done anywhere else in the world to the extent it is in Europe on a systematic level. There are certain high up folk who are engineering immigration policies to open border status for Non Europeans into Europe. SWEDES set to be an ethnic minority in SWEDEN in 30 years, is this okay? And dont give me that ****e about Europe being developed so people wanna move here. Japan & Korea are highly developed and have almost 100% homogeneous populations, they just dont take any **** from marxists and zionists.

I hear Columbus discovered a new ccontinent a while back. I bet the immigration crowd will give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few of those in some high up positions in RTE. Anyway the ****e they pump out on Zionist controlled American TV is definitely rubbing off here with the leftist bollocks that's fed to the masses from RTE nowadays. Even children's cartoons are infested by subtle liberal BS.

You seem more than happy to take all the other ****e banter from across the water. Zionist? wtf does that meen to me. Multiculturalism? The UK with Wales Scotand ect is the very definition of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

lazygal wrote: »
    What's liberal bs? Equality for women and gay people?

Didn't you know Tinky winky from the Teletubbies was propagandising the gay lifestyle...

What's liberal bs? Equality for women and gay people?

Sort of, these are difficult ones to explain but I'll try.

Equality for women is good yes but this excessive feminism which was birthed through Marxism is bad (look up the 'key' people who preached feminism). Now we have proggressive white feminists who go against the norm. Told not to have kids because they are more than breeding machines, hate men and have lost all sense of femininity. I hate to break it to you but women need to breed for the survival of our species. That unfortunately does mean, they need to put their careers second and family first.

Secondly, Homosexuality may be natural but it is becoming encouraged and even trendy to be gay now. Only media in the West brings homosexuality to the forefront and it is aimed at people from a young age. It becomes embedded in their psyche and can even make people become gay even if they naturally wouldn't be.

Both of these things lower birth rates, that's fact no matter what your political outlook is. Just look at the birthrate among different ethnicities in ultra liberal places like Sweden. Simple Math shows Swedes will be ethnic minorities in decades to come.

To clarify, equality for women and gay people are good things until they become too excessive.

Didn't you know Tinky winky from the Teletubbies was propagandising the gay lifestyle...

That Peppa Pig has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Confront God? I think I know how that will work out.

Boss fight.

• Advertisement

Equality for women is good yes but this excessive feminism which was birthed through Marxism (look up the 'key' people who preached feminism). Now we have proggressive white feminists who go against the norm. Told not to have kids because they are more than breeding machines, hate men and have lost all sense of femininity. I hate to break it to you but women need to breed for the survival of our species. That unfortunately does mean, they need to put their careers second and family first.

Homosexuality may be natural but it is becoming encouraged and even trendy to be gay now. Only media in the West brings homosexuality to the forefront and it is aimed at people from a young age. It becomes embedded in their psyche and can even make people become gay even if they naturally wouldn't be.

Both of these things lower birth rates, that's fact no matter what your politically outlook is. Just look at the birthrate among different ethnicities in ultra liberal places like Sweden. Simple Math shows Swedes will be ethnic minorities in decades to come.

To clarify, equality for women and gay people are good things until they become too excessive.

Megalolz. Do you think people choose to be gay cos it's such as easy life? Or that women who are feminist don't have children? As a woman who's also a mother of two with a gay best friend I'm pretty sure you're either trolling or very young and bitter and need to get out a bit more before you turn into John Waters.
    And I have a career, breastfeed my children, use cloth nappies and make their food from scratch. Alongside being happy and married and not hating men. What box do you put me into?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Fry is having a go at the Abrahamaic god when he's asked about "god". There are religions where there is no assumption that a deity is the good guy in all this, like a lot of animist or pantheist beliefs.

There's probably a few thousand in Ireland. Not much you might say but when you dig deeper and find out they are heavily involved in immigration programs into Ireland maybe we're not safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Equality for women is good yes but this excessive feminism which was birthed through Marxism is bad (look up the 'key' people who preached feminism). Now we have proggressive white feminists who go against the norm. Told not to have kids because they are more than breeding machines, hate men and have lost all sense of femininity. I hate to break it to you but women need to breed for the survival of our species. That unfortunately does mean, they need to put their careers second and family first.

Secondly, Homosexuality may be natural but it is becoming encouraged and even trendy to be gay now. Only media in the West brings homosexuality to the forefront and it is aimed at people from a young age. It becomes embedded in their psyche and can even make people become gay even if they naturally wouldn't be.

Both of these things lower birth rates, that's fact no matter what your political outlook is. Just look at the birthrate among different ethnicities in ultra liberal places like Sweden. Simple Math shows Swedes will be ethnic minorities in decades to come.

You should really try Saudi Arabia. It sounds perfect for you. The liberal agenda is kept in check.

There's probably a few thousand in Ireland. Not much you might say but when you dig deeper and find out they are heavily involved in immigration programs into Ireland maybe we're not safe.

Safe from what? Liberal bs, feminism or the gays?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Myrddin wrote: »
    Some seem to think it's because about 4 thousand years ago the first ever human beings had sex.

Feels like that in this house as well...

Megalolz. Do you think people choose to be gay cos it's such as easy life? Or that women who are feminist don't have children? As a woman who's also a mother of two with a gay best friend I'm pretty sure you're either trolling or very young and bitter and need to get out a bit more before you turn into John Waters.

No I dont think people choose to be gay, but I defiently think television can play a role in the development of a person. Especially in political views but I also believe it can actually shape people's personal/emotional and sexual views.

I don't mind gay people but I believe liberalism not only defends gays, it creates them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Who's we, pale face?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

1933 called and wants you to stop misusing their time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: random1337, just stop posting in this thread. You're either trolling or actually anti-Semitic. Either way, you'll be banned if you continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

K4t wrote: »
    In the spirit of Voltaire, I'll laugh at most of what you say but disagree with the mods for banning you. They are of course worse than you and your anti-semetic views but will simply say this is a private website, which is fine but also quite ironic in the sense that it is a discussion forum where ideas should flow.
    No, they're not "of course" worse than anti-semitics. This "Freedom of expression at all costs" fashion really is a pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Folks, I deleted the off topic replies. Let's get back on topic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Never mind Volitare. The Philipenes fecked out France first and manage their getthos like a boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

No, they're not "of course" worse than anti-semitics. This "Freedom of expression at all costs" fashion really is a pain in the hoop.
    Only if you put a cost on freedom of expression, which is fine, but it's value is priceless. No idea is worse than the person who would suppress that idea. You would do well to stop and think for one minute about a situation where your idea of what is right is the one being suppressed and you are suffering the effects of not being able to speak out against it. Fortunately in western society that isn't very realistic but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Only if you put a cost on freedom of expression, which is fine, but it's value is priceless. No idea is worse than the person who would suppress that idea. You would do well to stop and think for one minute about a situation where your idea of what is right is the one being suppressed and you are suffering the effects of not being able to speak out against it. Fortunately in western society that isn't very realistic but it doesn't mean it can't happen.
    No, mods banning someone for derailing, inflaming, not actually offering anything, insulting... are not "worse" than someone whose utterances would have been heard in Berlin, circa 1935.
    Getting sick of this "Free speech" bollocks - it champions the rights of bigots and doesn't give a toss about those on the receiving end.

People should be able to express their views, but if they are assholes about it, then they can be told to shut up, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Fry is having a go at the Abrahamaic god when he's asked about "god". There are religions where there is no assumption that a deity is the good guy in all this, like a lot of animist or pantheist beliefs.

My favourite deity is Crom, he listens not to prayers and cares not for the weak.

""Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me.""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Getting sick of this "Free speech" bollocks - it champions the rights of bigots and doesn't give a toss about those on the receiving end.
    Ah free speech only as long as it is something you agree with. Surely you understand that that very freedom only exists in the tolerance of something you disagree with.
    People should be able to express their views, but if they are assholes about it, then they can be told to shut up, and rightly so.
    They can be told to shut up, as I said this is a private platform, but I don't see why they should be told to shut up in this instance where they're not really being assholes or trolling but simply expressing quite an extreme view and giving examples to support their view. It's interesting to me and I'd rather know of that opinion than to not know of it. It's good to know these views exists, whether they are good or bad, right or wrong, you can then judge for yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

My favourite deity is Crom, he listens not to prayers and cares not for the weak.

""Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me.""
    And if you will not listen, then to hell with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

I cannot believe you based on your arguments. If his flower beds or his child rearing policy influenced life and the way people think then yes. By your argument, the guy who believes in rape and murder as virtouous and normal acceptable behaviour should be left alone to hold his beliefs without anyone ever questioning them. And not only that but he should be left alone to instill his beliefs on others and run for government on those beliefs without anyone questioning the rationality or logic behind said beliefs. We should leave him and his followers alone and not "impress our opinion of his belief system on him or his potentially many followers". Spare me your "leave them alone they never harmed anyone" liberal attempt at seeming tolerant and accepting of religion.
    My mother is a daily mass goer. She returns to her church most evenings to sit and pray quietly. She does her best to adhere to the tenets of her faith. Please tell me that you understand that you have absolutely no entitlement yo challenge her or anybody else going about their faith in a peaceful manner.
    Your analogy with murder etc. is frankly disgusting and moronic. You complain no dpunt about how other people's beliefs impinge on your life but apparently have no hesitation in ramming your opinion down the throhats of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Rezident

Zaph wrote: »
    Gay Byrne looks like someone p*ssed in his cornflakes when Fry gave his answer. If you're not prepared to hear answers you don't like, then don't ask the question.

I fundamentally disagree. Life would be so much better if people were prepared to hear answers they don't like.

Just like Gaybo did. If the issue is so important - as it clearly is for many - I would much rather Gaybo's relatively restrained reaction to that of, say, a fundamentalist Islamist or a fundamentalist atheist, both of whom can display the very worst of human nature.

Whatever you do, do not stop asking the questions. Your personal preferences are irrelevant to the answers. Imagine if we all reacted better to the difficult ones. If a bona fide genius like Stephen Fry is missing the target on this one then clearly we all have a massive gap to bridge here. A gap that cannot be bridged by one side alone. It's such a shame that most of us are burning rather than building.

Advertisement