Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 23 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

78 pts.

Happy ****ing out. Even if i did get the captaincy choice slightly wrong.

Edit

Just noticed Bertrands Red Card.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

menoscemo wrote: »
    As suspected; both FFfix and yourself (less so you) were a bit ambitious.
    93 leaves me with 1412 total and an OR of 210.

The top 200 will have to wait until next week :cool:

I dropped 52 places to 230, pretty surprised by that. It would have taken 75 pts to get a grey arrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Only fell 2k places. Delighted with that. At 8k. Wasn't expecting to stay in the top 10k.

Also, closed the gap on my rival by 6 points. He has Dummett, Bertrand and Costa so could need a hit next week too.

WC could have gone so much better but I'm still happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

15k to 6k damn bertrand getting sent off dented the great week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Up from 108k to 67k. First green arrows since GW17 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Booya! rise of 30k places, back in to the top 50k

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rose 90K, from 290K to 200K. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

92 points (yummy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

My 70 (-4) sees me drop 82 places. 17,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Up to 825, first time ever ending a week with only thee figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Up from 21k to 7k yesterday.

Nobody playing today and went down to 14k.

Happy with my team though, and probably won't need a transfer this coming week.

Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Finished on 82. Happy with that.

Slight regret about taking Kane out but brought in Defoe for him so not too bad.

Took a punt on Di Maria but really not sure if he's a keeper. Any thoughts? Didn't see the united game..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Went from 12k to 8k with 79 with my WC team. Highs and lows everywhere -- bringing Rooney in was madness, Bertrand unlucky; Bellerin, PVA and Cazorla runaway successes. But Rooney gets a one week reprieve because of Bertrand. Time to bring in a Chelsea defender for their near-guaranteed 6+ points against Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Down from ~300 overall to ~650 overall with 63 points. Fine, but 4 weeks of red arrows in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just checked a rival in my league. I was worried as they had brought in Cazorla.

They only got 64 points, but for some reason had dropped way back.

Checked their transfers.

10 made, 36 points in hits.

Forgot to hit the WC button.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Most disappointing week this season. 50 points, sees me drop down to 1.6k. My team was in decent shape, but played the WC this week. Probably worse off now. I don't think I made any awful decisions, but unfortunately none of them worked out. It was just one of those weeks where nothing worked out - everyone has one at least once a season, and I suppose this was my week. Up until the Southampton game there was a chance my week would be salvaged, but the whole Bertrand situation pretty much encapsulated my week!

Oh well - I still feel my team is in good shape, and there will be no agonising over transfers this week - Bertrand out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Down to 2.2k from 999 yesterday the arsenal game was a nightmare for me. Should be able to bank my transfer this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

68 points

Up 21k to 90k

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rose about 1.5k overall to 12k. A good week and a welcome green arrow. Need to continue my recovery and push back up the rankings!

Up into 8k, but more importantly between 20 - 40 points I gained / extended lead by on rivals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A gameweek rank of 15k brings me from 30k to 13k. Great week all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

71 brings me to 12k overall. Happy enough. Worries for next week include getting Sturridge in. Might hold tight and bank the transfer. In other news I'm watching match of the day now and by jesus villa are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭seklly

Stopped 3 weeks of red arrows with 83 points giving me a green arrow and bringing me back up to 162nd in the world, will celebrate with a cup of tea watching the super bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Down to 2.2k from 999 yesterday the arsenal game was a nightmare for me. Should be able to bank my transfer this week.

Can't believe I ended the week ahead of ya.

I'm fighting hard to win that captain jonah title back from you. Thank fffff for Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I never complain about 70 points (no hits) but I actually dropped 34 places from 2896 to 2930 in OR:mad:

Won FSA2 h2h by 1 point, though:D

Few question marks over my players but happy with my progress so far.

seklly wrote: »
    Stopped 3 weeks of red arrows with 83 points giving me a green arrow and bringing me back up to 162nd in the world, will celebrate with a cup of tea watching the super bowl!

My reign was brief again but I shall be back :p

FHFC wrote: »
    Can't believe I ended the week ahead of ya.

I'm fighting hard to win that captain jonah title back from you. Thank fffff for Aguero.

Cue the inevitable two pointer against Hull :pac:. I liked the Pelle punt; Swansea were very negative sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

71 so can't really complain although all my front 7 scored points except pelle my captain..two defeats in the boards champions cup is disappointing but everyone loves an underdog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

91 pts sees me rise 26k to 20k. Highest rank of the season. Also highest GW rank of the season (12,991).

And all that with 4 pts from my regular defence (Foster ; Terry, Berty, Jones). Berty & Jones should have kept their CS so could have been 14-17 pts better. Fortunately PvA whom I started ahead of Sanchez (and a potential 5th bigger gun mid) came to the rescue :). Best second fiddle ever :D.

WC worked great but a few things are bothering me now.
    1. I know it's only 1 game (though there's been the Cup one too) but I may have been carried away by Pulis aura. No saves from Foster is worrying. My original Panti plan is laughing at me now.
    2. Berty 3-games ban considering the cash he's using is annoying to say the least.
    3. Jones has 2 GWs to prove me he's not a Baines/Zab fecker.
    4. ADM has to do better...
    5. Baird...

And there's the temptations...
    1. Bellerin. But who to ditch out of Sanchez, Cazorla & Giroud?
    2. Sturridge back in business.
    3. Sterling immediately proving how benefitial Sturridge is to his FPL returns.
    4. Silva proving me he deserved better than to be cashed in for ADM (especially considering his great Christmas contribution to my team).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

66(-4) sees me down 500 overall to 1.4k. 6 points from my keeper and three defenders killed me. Giroud (c) saved me so can't complain.

Advertisement