Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 23 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

70 (-4)

The Good:
    - Good score overall
    - Gained 6pts on my lead in my main league
    - Bringing in Giroud and captaining him

The Bad:
    - Lost again in FSA Boards cup
    - Cahill and Chadli not starting
    - 13 pts on bench (Panti and Wassi). Should have played Panti over Heaton. Wassi due to come in for Cahill :(

I'm in a crisis for next week. Sanchez, Alderweirled injured and Cahill, Chadli not starting games. Will probably have to take another hit next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

jimmii wrote: »
    How bad was it? It is such a frustrating game that's for sure! There is only so long you go with well there's always next week.

Not so bad. Just sold Silva for Puncheon at a hit and have Bertie. Just extremely frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bertrand gone from 9 points to -1 in a matter of minutes

Have to admit I scrolled back through this thread expecting this kind of post... Makes it worse but in the meantime feels like I made the right choice anyhow.

Sorry if it was already covered. But straight red = 3 games out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

How many points total after today? I'm expecting to be ~200 and have 1410 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will finish the week on 63 points. Last minute changes yesterday morning were Bellerin (12) and Di Maria (5) to Johnson (2) and Bertrand (-1).

16 point swing right there!

Still, last year I had a brutal first week after my WC (took out Cabaye and he scored two) but in future weeks it propelled me into the top 300.

A WC can't be judged on one week alone. Doubt I'll get back into the top 10k this week. Was at 13k last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will finish the week on 66 points once the bonus for Santi comes in and Lucas is subbed in for Sanchez. A good score, but probably won't be a great one.

Another captaincy fail. Bottled it on Cazorla and went for Pelle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Will finish the week on 63 points. Last minute changes yesterday morning were Bellerin (12) and Di Maria (5) to Johnson (2) and Bertrand (-1).

16 point swing right there!

Still, last year I had a brutal first week after my WC (took out Cabaye and he scored two) but in future weeks it propelled me into the top 300.

A WC can't be judged on one week alone.
    Doubt I'll get back into the top 10k this week. Was at 13k last night.

100% agree. Said it yesterday in other words. That's what happened with my first WC this year.

Despite Jones, Foster & Berty, my WC mainly worked this time though :cool:. Just a few adjustments needed.

Just a tad frustrated with what I could have gained this GW (after 4 bad ones in a row).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

91(-12) Predicted 42k rise to 66k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

menoscemo wrote: »

Maybe 150 at best, but you should definitely be top 200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

84 post WC

The good: Playing PVA over Terry. Leaving out Sanchez and bringing in Santi and also captaining Giroud.

The bad: ADM over Silva, not a massive difference this week but feels like I backed the wrong horse. Bertrand losing 10 points in 7 minutes.

The ugly: I have 9 of my starting 11 away from home next week!

• Advertisement

Maybe 150 at best, but you should definitely be top 200

I'd take that and be delighted.
    Really getting my captains right these weeks. Downing last time, Cazorla this. All I need to do is come on the GW thread and say 'come on Captain x' and they seem to respond :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

70(-4)
    Oh what could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

20 point swing within a few minutes for this Bertrand(c) :pac:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/196249/event-history/23/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

77 all in once the subs come in...happy with it but bit dissapointed with southampton losing the cleanie but good week overall

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Anybody else having trouble accessing the FF app for android? When I try to log in I get message "check internet connection" Internet connection is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Had a decent enough day but having brought Pelle in for Kane in my WC all I feel is regret. Proof if needed that form > fixtures, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

65 -4. The good 9 of this gws matches. The bad the arsenal game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

90 all out is the perfect rebound from last week.

As hinting to earlier, had I bought Cazorla in for Sanchez, I would have sold Kane for Pelle and I would not have brought in Bellerin.

Betrand losing his clean sheet was badly needed.

Ooh just noticed the Bertrand red.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

75 for the week, happy with that, would have been even happier if Bertrand had got those extra 10 points.

Bertrand is also costing me a transfer this week :(
    I'm thinking Clichy, anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

75 for the week, happy with that, would have been even happier if Bertrand had got those extra 10 points.

I wouldn't do Clichy I'd say Kolarov will start. Then Clichy will start the midweek game against Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bellerin. Should see a few rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Lemlin wrote: »
    Bellerin. Should see a few rises.

That would be my choice but I have 3 Arsenal already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

How long is Flippe Luiz out for? Shoudn't Aspi be nailed on for at least the next GW or 2? Need to get rid of Cahill or Alderweireld.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Clyne?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Leader of one of my mini leagues scored 111, a game week rank of 98! He had Bertrand as well so could have been even higher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

See tbe guy with the top score in the game this week had Kane on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

75 all in and up to 2.8k. Delighted with that after a ropey Saturday. A measly return of 3 points from my GK and defenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up almost a thousand places to 5533. Still can't break into the top 5k

How many points total after today? I'm expecting to be ~200 and have 1410 points.

As suspected; both FFfix and yourself (less so you) were a bit ambitious.
    93 leaves me with 1412 total and an OR of 210.

The top 200 will have to wait until next week :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Horrible horrible wildcard. So many silly mistakes, over complicating things.

Time out needed.

60 all out, a wildcard 'bounce' down 600 places to 1.4k and several players in my team I don't want to be there.

Advertisement