Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this real life? €575k for a 2-bed in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

I'd be gutted if I had to pay half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its extremely expensive for an apartment. You pay that much for a massive house in the countryside! You pay that much for a big house in Dublin maybe but for an apartment its stretching it. The only thing is that it looks big. Your paying for the size and location and that its brand new development i'd assume? I say developers are more likely to buy and get someone to rent it. If I had the money for that much I put it towards a decent sized house. That price may not drop by much in the coming years? Only so few could afford to buy an apartment/house at that price. For a 2 bedroom apartment its a rip off. If it were 3-4 or more bedrooms maybe more than one bathroom you'd say something. If it were a townhouse in the likes of foxrock/sandyford or more expensive/posher areas might be justifiable. Castleknock is a very ordinary location. Its not far from the city and easy to commute from but you still need a car.

doovdela wrote: »
    Its extremely expensive for an apartment. You pay that much for a massive house in the countryside! You pay that much for a big house in Dublin maybe but for an apartment its stretching it. The only thing is that it looks big. Your paying for the size and location and that its brand new development i'd assume? I say developers are more likely to buy and get someone to rent it. If I had the money for that much I put it towards a decent sized house. That price may not drop by much in the coming years? Only so few could afford to buy an apartment/house at that price.
    It's not that big. About 20% bigger than the legal minimum?

It's not that big. About 20% bigger than the legal minimum?

Really. The images makes the kitchen/living room area look bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

It is a lovely estate and all but it is a ridiculous price for an apartment....there are others in the estate (I think they're a bit smaller) goin for less
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/24-cherry-lodge-farmleigh-woods-castleknock-dublin-15/2899671
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/apt-23-cherry-lodge-farmleigh-woods-castleknock-dublin-15/3065471

• Advertisement

Ya they don't look as big slightly better value but still too expensive for a 2 bedroom apartment at €380,000. 3 bedroom might be justifiable.

Fast forward a few years and we'll have another generation of dopes not paying their mortgages, insisting they were tricked by the evil banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

106m2 is big for a 2 bed apartment but the asking price is crazy. 10 square metres of that is the balcony which givenour weather is rarely used.

It may be a nice location but there's no decent shop nearby only a Sparin Castleknock village which is 1km away. You're paying for the address/post code on this one.

There is a lot to be said for being near the shops and near public transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Certainly not THAT much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Castleknock is a very ordinary location. Its not far from the city and easy to commute from but you still need a car.

Why do you still need a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Certainly not THAT much!
    I think his point was that they are not near public transport or shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Why do you still need a car?

From those apartments you do, there's little to nothing nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Jeremyr wrote: »
    These sellers are deluded to say the least, anyone who hands over 575k for this is insane and obviously didn't earn their money themselves

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/22-cedar-lodge-farmleigh-woods-castleknock-dublin-15/3066202

I'll pay 600k sight unseen.

Is Dublin 15 anywhere near the sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

Alternatively, you could take the €250k+ that this apartment is overpriced by, and spend it on a chauffeur-driven Ferrari and a lifetime's worth of TescoM&S home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

paying a sniff over 200k for that , or any 2 bed apartment in castleknock is crazy in my book, this is just downright madness, may drop off flyers for magic beans to all these apartments as clearly a lot of people have more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fast forward a few years and we'll have another generation of dopes not paying their mortgages, insisting they were tricked by the evil banks.

Dopes? Bit harsh on people who lost their jobs and have no way of paying a mortgage, regardless of the value of that mortgage.

In fact I'd go as far to say your post isn't harsh but extremely ignorant and childish.

athtrasna wrote: »
    From those apartments you do, there's little to nothing nearby

Hardly, Castleknock Train Sattion is a 15 minute walk...5 minute cycle.
    Bus is 5/10 minute walk away too

Castleknock is served very well by public transport into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Hardly, Castleknock Train Sattion is a 15 minute walk...5 minute cycle.
    Bus is 5/10 minute walk away too

Castleknock is served very well by public transport into town.

This surprises me, is a 10 minute walk to a bus stop counted as well served in Ireland?

This surprises me, is a 10 minute walk to a bus stop counted as well served in Ireland?

Well depends on how fast you walk doesnt it...with a little jog you may even make it in 2:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dopes? Bit harsh on people who lost their jobs and have no way of paying a mortgage, regardless of the value of that mortgage.
    Most of those who have defaulted on their mortgages did not lose their jobs. Unemployment was far worse in Greece and Spain, yet look at this graph.

mortgage%20arrearsQuartz_Ireland_Chart1web.jpg
    In fact I'd go as far to say your post isn't harsh but extremely ignorant and childish.
    You are entitled to your beliefs.

Well depends on how fast you walk doesnt it...with a little jog you may even make it in 2:rolleyes:

My point was more, id consider a 10 minute walk to shops/ restaurants/ bars a well served area. Not a walk to a bus to bring me somewhere.

I liked the roll eyes tho. Really made your point for you.

My point was more, id consider a 10 minute walk to shops/ restaurants/ bars a well served area. Not a walk to a bus to bring me somewhere.

I liked the roll eyes tho. Really made your point for you.

If you live in the middle of any estate in Dublin you will more than likely find the bus that serves that estate is a 5/10 minute walk to.

What do you want the bus to come down your road?

If you live in the middle of any estate in Dublin you will more than likely find the bus that serves that estate is a 5/10 minute walk to.

What do you want the bus to come down your road?

I want to walk to the shops/ restaurants/ bars. I thought that was pretty clear from my last post. This is what well served is in my opinion.

Obviously in your opinion being able to get a bus someplace is well served.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Is this just fantasy?

I want to walk to the shops/ restaurants/ bars. I thought that was pretty clear from my last post. This is what well served is in my opinion.

Obviously in your opinion being able to get a bus someplace is well served.

The walk to Castleknock Village...where there is shops/restaurants and bars is exactly 11 minutes...

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=22+Cedar+Lodge,+Farmleigh+Woods,+Castleknock,+Dublin+15&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.84607526,d.ZGU&biw=1152&bih=629&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=XZHLVOnHEoTW7Qbj2IGIAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&output=classic&dg=brw

It's funny, if I was to live in a city (and I do) I'd really rather be no more than 5 minutes walk to shops and bars. Cork is even worse in that respect. If you live in Blackrock or somewhere, you really need a car. Crazy.

It's funny, if I was to live in a city (and I do) I'd really rather be no more than 5 minutes walk to shops and bars. Cork is even worse in that respect. If you live in Blackrock or somewhere, you really need a car. Crazy.

But your talking about suburbs here and not a city center unfortunately

That's fine. Which makes it even more surprising that to point out how well served it was you pointed out a busstop that was a 5/ 10 minute walk away, or a two minute jog.

Anyway, i have my answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Most of those who have defaulted on their mortgages did not lose their jobs. Unemployment was far worse in Greece and Spain, yet look at this graph.

mortgage%20arrearsQuartz_Ireland_Chart1web.jpg

You are entitled to your beliefs.

Out of interest, what proportion of those that defaulted had lost their jobs?

Advertisement