Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Surrey Pink 12-1 ew 7.35
    First time over a mile. Should keep on in closing stages .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Moving on up for the Swan song! I'll get my coat :)

Stoichkov 16-1 ew
    Good experience over this trip and course. Has run 3 times already this year so should be
    in top shape. On bottom weight and has a good draw. Good value for a place at 16.

Ew treble
    Doc Holiday 8.05 11-1
    Sparanai 8.35 8-1
    Armed Guard 9.05 20-1

2268-1

Me likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

In fairness to Donnacha o Brien if the plan was to not win he done it perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

cost me a nice wee double found every bit of trouble imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The usual ride a few winners and the head swells up on these jockeys. He's riding the heaviest backed horse of the night so he decides to do a spencer on it. Sickens me when a jockey like wilson renwick who's doing his best to get winners get's a 24 day ban for a frivolous whip law and jockeys who do there best to lose get nothing.
    Did he ride the horse to obtain it's best possible position?:mad:

Looked a bit green to me. He had a gap and was well into it when horse started to pull a bit to right and act up. He then lost that gap,gave it up by trying to control horse.

Stoichkov's jockey caused a lot of the trouble, she entered straight 2 lengths clear and sat there, not once encouraging her horse to pick up. Half way down the straight she still didn't touch horse, everything backed up behind her.
    Once you turn that corner you go for it. I thought it was strange that she did not pickup pace at that point. Kepted on in the end for 5th . I think a place was there if she had ridden the horse once around the bend.
    But more importantly everthing that started racing behind her had no room to let loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Mallory heights with a couple of wins on the all weather when trained by cumani might have an eway squeak in the next. Has shown nothing over hurdles lately but a return to the sand might see him recapture a bit of form

• Advertisement

Sparanai 8.35 8-1 ew
    I really like this.

Sparani raced up there from a bad draw, at what expense .

3rd
    ew win at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Having 1 little e/w bet this evening on an old pal of mine Blue Ridge lane at 25/1, he's badly drawn on the outside but it will make no difference to him as he always misses the break and drops out the back. He gallops all day and always finishes strongly so hopefully a good pace here will see them coming back to him. He won off 68 in the summer and now races off 61 and on top of that his jockey has a 10lb claim,i don't know anything about the jockey but just hope he's fit as BLR needs to be kidded along all race.

MOUNT FLORA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sting60 wrote: »
    Is the best handicapped horse ever to run tomorrow night over his proper trip at 16/1,I think so big time.he is so well handicapped it is embarrassing but he is trained by a very poor trainer IMO.mount flora.
    Nice pick, would have done it but for the fact I already had one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Get in you beauty think I got on at 11s

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Thanks for that lads

Never in doubt. GREAT CALL .
    Good to see people win big !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Great stuff Sting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

STB. wrote: »
    I follow your posts and you are regularly on the mark. I just dont see it, sure its got a lot less weight than last week. However even with the extra 10, Bomber Jackson is in fine fettle having just been touched off last week. The one two were miles clear of the rest. Infact I see Bomber Jackson's previous win has been on some way franked by Sar Oiche who won earlier, albeit in a maiden. The jockey is my only concern.

I should have stopped at the first sentence, Sting. Emmet McNamara needs a steering course.

Well done son. Thank God for cover bets @19.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Bookies will be very very sore tomorrow as I collect hope some got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

thanks
    (Nearly didn't back it )

and well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Bookies will be very very sore tomorrow as I collect hope some got on.

Good stuff Sting. Delighted for you but can I ask what made you go in big?

Mount Flora is one that I was looking at and is normally a type I really going for but when I studied her more, I just couldn't have her. She's been on the go all winter with not that many promising runs. She the type who just looks too difficult to predict turning up.

Granted I was tempted to have a small chancy bet but even at that price I couldnt see the value??

Anyway, hats off!! Great pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Great pick sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Check out the first post I'm on at 16/1.

Ha, hadn't noticed the update, presumed you'd keep us hanging.
    Lovely win.

Where'd you get 16s?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Legend , cheers man.

Advertisement