Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Season Schedule?

Options
  • 29-01-2015 3:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts on the off season schedule?,here's Heli's timescale from last year.

Re-signings will be Wednesday 4pm to Thursday @ 10 pm

FA Stage 1 will be Thursday 10pm - Saturday 10pm

FA Stage 2 will be Saturday 10pm - Sunday @ 6pm (very little normally happens in this stage imo)

FA Stage 3 will be Sunday 6pm - Monday 8:30pm

Draft will be Monday April 21st @ 9pm

I changed the wednesday part to 4pm as I can advance it then.
    With regards to the draft,I could throw up a poll with options for days/time or just make a thread for ppl to pick what day/time is most suitable,go with the majority.
    Thoughts on the about timescale? Anything needed to be increased/decreased?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think re-signings should be fine, 24 hours or thereabouts e.g from Friday 6pm to Saturday evening.
    Saturday evening-Monday evening could be Stage 1.
    Satge 2 could be Monday 10pm to Tuesday 10pm
    Tuesday-Wednesday could be stage 3.

Draft then could be Wednesday Thursday or Friday night.

Then maybe allow 1 day per Preseaon gameweek.

Yeah, maybe throw up a poll for the Draft. Doddle poll maybe,

Wed 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00
    Thu 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00
    Fri 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00

Hopefully we can get a time that suits most people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Did we want to implement the Free Agency rules? 4 Years Max and only 20% of total can be bonus.

Risk is that with so many CPU team all the FA's go to CPU teams.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    Did we want to implement the Free Agency rules? 4 Years Max and only 20% of total can be bonus.

Risk is that with so many CPU team all the FA's go to CPU teams.

i think this should change to

Max 6 year deal with bonus making up 50%
    the pro/pro 7 are gonig that way i think, too hard to compete with the CPU on the previous rules.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

On timings i would propose the below.

Re-signings from today - 10pm tomorrow
    Stage 1 FA tomorrow 10pm to sunday 10pm
    Stage 2 FA Sunday 10pm - Monday 10pm (very little happens here)
    Stage 3 FA Monday 10pm - Tuesday 6pm

Advance to next stage still allows scouting
    Draft Wednesday @ 9

However you guys are in charge so up to you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Before I advance does a reminder have to be posted regarding the contract rules on resigning your own players?

• Advertisement

I thought people could do what they wanted for re-signing their own players?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Before I advance does a reminder have to be posted regarding the contract rules on resigning your own players?

i would say so..

cant remember what they are but i think they were also 6 years and 50% but sense needs to prevail, you cant be giving brady/manning a 6 year deal for example

I thought people could do what they wanted for re-signing their own players?
    Ya as Heli said I think we usually went with max 6 years,50% bonus.
    Same over on pfl.
    i would say so..

cant remember what they are but i think they were also 6 years and 50% but sense needs to prevail, you cant be giving brady/manning a 6 year deal for example
    Ya that was the number.
    On Brady/Manning thing,are you thinking of a rule for contract length on players over a certain age?

Fair enough, People will just screw their cap if they give an old player a long term contract.

Fair enough, People will just screw their cap if they give an old player a long term contract.

when they retire there arent any financial penalties, the cap gets released back to the team

so to get brady to re-sign you can give him 80 million over 4 years, first year is probably only a 10 million hit, then he retires and you can get the cap back

• Advertisement

OK, fair enough,

So we I might create an off-season thread now,it can't be edited later with the timings.
    Put the resiging your own players rules at the top but does something need to be added regarding older players and contracts?

So we I might create an off-season thread now,it can't be edited later with the timings.
    Put the resiging your own players rules at the top but does something need to be added regarding older players and contracts?

just say for guys to be reasonable to length of deals for older guys

i think this should change to

Max 6 year deal with bonus making up 50%
    the pro/pro 7 are gonig that way i think, too hard to compete with the CPU on the previous rules.
    I think the ukml and express are 50% and 4 years but there's obviously alot more players in those leagues.
    Although I'm still hesistent on 6 years on this season of Free agency just because like when you resign your own players,ppl nearly always give 6 years as they never see the expensive part of the contract due to the lenght of the franchise.

Although if competition is high then probably not important.

On timings i would propose the below.

Re-signings from today - 10pm tomorrow
    Stage 1 FA tomorrow 10pm to sunday 10pm
    Stage 2 FA Sunday 10pm - Monday 10pm (very little happens here)
    Stage 3 FA Monday 10pm - Tuesday 6pm

Advance to next stage still allows scouting
    Draft Wednesday @ 9

However you guys are in charge so up to you

If there's no disagreement I'll edit the off season thread with this schedule and make a thread/poll for a draft day/time,so wed 8,9,10,thurs,8,9,10,fri,8,9,10

Also are you both in favour for the Free agent rules to be the same as resignings
    50% and 6 year contract

If there's no disagreement I'll edit the off season thread with this schedule and make a thread/poll for a draft day/time,so wed 8,9,10,thurs,8,9,10,fri,8,9,10

Also are you both in favour for the Free agent rules to be the same as resignings
    50% and 6 year contract

That all sounds fine to me!

yeha sounds good perrin.

You wont please everyone with the draft time, but majority should win

Just checking ppl's contracts atm but someone will need to check my,signed DT Cofield,TE Lyerla,RE Bailey,don't think I got anyone else.

Some other points.
    On the trading players just signed(something I almost done myself once :pac:),I could see the potential trouble that could bring(someone with cap could just sign players as trading pieces),dunno if there's a rule on it but some thing like
    "A player must stay a minimum of 1 season on the roster unless released"
    or something along those lines.

Also maybe a reminder not to trade with the cpu during the draft maybe?,ppl could trade future draft picks for drafts we won't be doing.

Checking the transactions I seen a trade with the cpu not mentioned on the forum,the trade was fine just that it wasn't mentioned on the forum.

Also for FA post draft
    I'd be in favour of doing like the pfl and a FA draft so for the 1st 2 rounds people pick 1 player up per round according to th order in the draft(so in that case the Titans would get the first pick of the Free agent players),as opposed to first come first served straight after the draft.
    Also in the case of 2 picks(like myself) it would be the pick based on where you finished in the league,so you don't get 2 guys.

sounds good, as long a the CPU doesn't hover up all the FA's as we are organizing the draft!

Don't think it does post draft Adrian. Agree with what you say on trading FAs.

Snake draft prob works best Perrin. I pick first in the first round then last

• Advertisement

sounds good, as long a the CPU doesn't hover up all the FA's as we are organizing the draft!
    Don't think they do post draft,they might after the 1st advance to meet roster conditions but we should have a round done by then.
    Don't think it does post draft Adrian. Agree with what you say on trading FAs.

Snake draft prob works best Perrin. I pick first in the first round then last
    Only issue with snake draft in our league though with so few players not a huge disadvantage to picking last,so there might be still a good selection once rd2 comes around.

Don't think they do post draft,they might after the 1st advance to meet roster conditions but we should have a round done by then.

Only issue with snake draft in our league though with so few players not a huge disadvantage to picking last,so there might be still a good selection once rd2 comes around.

you and adrian are in charge.. your pick :pac:

Snake draft for me, after 10 Free agents are gone it won't make that much difference.

Also not sure of the ethics of picking up a team with the second overall pick without having played with them all season, maybe forfeit your draft pick? (Just kidding on that last point!)

You'll be banned from the AF forum with that suggestion!

I think I'm headed for a ban over there anyway!

Probably worth sticking up a reminder thread about the post draft fA

Just a heads up but I set injury to off for pre season and also fill roster to off.
    Fill roster off cause if ppl go to play a pre season and don't have the min number of players for a position i.e QB or kicker,they cpu will sign a player for the preseason game which would mess up the FA draft order.

Or could leave it on and tell ppl to release the player after

Leave it off I think, in bed so will sign my guy in the morning

1 day per pre-season game good? so Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon.
    Week 1 fixtures Tuesday? or Monday night to keep with the season 1 days?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's fine. We can advance Monday night/Tuesday morning and week 1 will be Tuesday-Thursday(1 lees day than normal) then the normal Friday-Tuesday, Wednesday - Sunday, Monday-Thursday etc.

Advertisement