Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Van Mark 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

DSG is awesome.

Pretty certain you can't get it in a golf van.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's based on the standard Golf three door passenger car so anything is possible really. It would be factory order though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can get DSG in a caddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You can get DSG in a caddy

Yuk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

On even the Golf cars, on Vw "build and configure" page, DSG doesn't seem to get a mention until the GTD or GTI. ?

• Advertisement

On even the Golf cars, on Vw "build and configure" page, DSG doesn't seem to get a mention until the GTD or GTI. ?

You can get it on the 1.6 TDI 110 bhp and on the 1.2 TSI across the range. Not sure why you can't build it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DraganGTD

The best dsg transmissions are those once with 6 speeds for 2.0tdi then GTI and GTD. Much stronger and more reliable as they can stand higher torque. So many complaints with 7 speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

The N1 4x4s are crazy money, so it looks like it's gonna be a van.
    The BIK is potentially many multiples of what you'll pay on the golf also, depending on your amount of annual business travel.

It's classed as a van so that shouldn't come into it. It's just a notional pay of 80ish euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

It's classed as a van so that shouldn't come into it. It's just a notional pay of 80ish euro a month.

N1 commercials are not classed as vans for BIK purposes, neither are crewcabs etc.
    The rule is if you have seats or windows behind the drivers seat it is not classed as a van. There is only a van BIK rate, no such thing as commercial BIK rates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

According to the vw pricelist there is no dsg option now maybe you can get one through special order. Tbh even getting the 110bhp will be difficult as no dealer stocks or gets them in so that would be order from the factory too most likely.

http://www.volkswagen.ie/content/medialib/vwd4/ie/pdf-downloads/model-range-price-list/_jcr_content/renditions/rendition.download_attachment.file/150116sb_volkswagen-model-range_2015.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Bpmull wrote: »
    According to the vw pricelist there is no dsg option now maybe you can get one through special order. Tbh even getting the 110bhp will be difficult as no dealer stocks or gets them in so that would be order from the factory too most likely.

The only 110bhp vans they could offer me were two in white (and the dealer suspected they wouldn't be available for much longer). The waiting time was I think up to the end of May for a new 110bhp order in any other colour. Opted for the 90bhp in grey instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I still haven't filled it yet, currently at 616km and still a fair bit in the tank.

IMG_2184_zps57ce7a78.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Trust me, that'll go down a lot quicker than you think. What I've noticed with VAGs the last half of the tank is only a little over a third in reality.

Same with most cars its the shape of the tank. Flat at the top and curved at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Sitec wrote: »
    Same with most cars its the shape of the tank. Flat at the top and curved at the bottom.

Keep us informed as to how far you get before you put fuel into it again?

tf2 wrote: »
    Keep us informed as to how far you get before you put fuel into it again?

Will do but I'm not risking going deep in to the red. Haven't a clue what sort of reserve is on it.

Will do but I'm not risking going deep in to the red. Haven't a clue what sort of reserve is on it.

It will keep improving for the first 10k km at least not going be great on diesel for the first 5k km as all diesels are like that they need a while to properly break in.

It will keep improving for the first 10k km at least not going be great on diesel for the first 5k km as all diesels are like that they need a while to properly break in.

It will be interesting to see if the mpg improves. I've read some contradicting articles regarding the break in period for new diesel engines.

I'll track the whole process with "Fuelly". It's a really accurate app for tracking mpg etc and well worth getting.

It will be interesting to see if the mpg improves. I've read some contradicting articles regarding the break in period for new diesel engines.

I'll track the whole process with "Fuelly". It's a really accurate app for tracking mpg etc and well worth getting.

My mothers octavia which is 1.6tdi (same engine) octavia kept improving for its first 10k km theres over 100k ln on it now and gets around 62mpg being driven right on longish trips but that's 2011 and doesn't have stop start or anything. My dads has said his golf van is still improving a bit each tank I think he has around 7k km on it now. I think they only have a 50 litre tank too which is small.

• Advertisement

My mothers octavia which is 1.6tdi (same engine) octavia kept improving for its first 10k km theres over 100k ln on it now and gets around 62mpg being driven right on longish trips but that's 2011 and doesn't have stop start or anything. My dads has said his golf van is still improving a bit each tank I think he has around 7k km on it now. I think they only have a 50 litre tank too which is small.

It definitely makes sense the mpg should improve. Not just the engine breaking in but transmission, brakes, wheel bearings etc. Yeah it has a 50L tank, surprised me when I filled the car on Saturday. My old car had a 62L tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Thats around 382 miles from a 50 litre tank. It doesn't seem great when you consider a 1.5 civic from the mid 90's can achieve similar. Very nice van though.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Thats around 382 miles from a 50 litre tank. It doesn't seem great when you consider a 1.5 civic from the mid 90's can achieve similar. Very nice van though.

The tank isn't gone yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The tank isn't gone yet though.
    I know. I used get around 500 miles to the orange refill light. How many miles would be left in that van do you think. I wonder would it make the 600 miles?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I know. I used get around 500 miles to the orange refill light. How many miles would be left in that van do you think. I wonder would it make the 600 miles?

I reckon close on 900km all in to the warning...basing this on a leons gauge which is most likely got the same 50l tank and calibration. Won't take 50l to fill it, probably low - mid 40s.

You'd get 1000km if you're feeling lucky, punk:pac:

I reckon close on 900km all in to the warning...basing this on a leons gauge which is most likely got the same 50l tank and calibration. Won't take 50l to fill it, probably low - mid 40s.

You'd get 1000km if you're feeling lucky, punk:pac:

Light came on literally 2km before a Topaz, pulled in and refueled as had to drive to work and back Monday. (Nobody needs range anxiety on a Monday!)
    Computer was reading 80km but I'd say it would have done 150km easy.

IMG_2201_zpsekinqjpu.png

It won't do 150 on the red light. It will however get considerably better on fuel the more mileage you put on the engine.

Yeah, I've noticed when I leave it go to zero there's about two gallons left in it.

What kind of driving do you do out of interest?

How many litres of diesel did it take I think they are only a 50 litre tank.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've noticed when I leave it go to zero there's about two gallons left in it.

What kind of driving do you do out of interest?

Varies but usually 70 % motorway 20 % B roads 10% city. Although with that tank I really tried for economy just to see what it would do. I had cruise control on for a lot of it set at 115 kph.
    How many litres of diesel did it take I think they are only a 50 litre tank.

It took 42.8 Litres @ a cost of €53.88

Advertisement