Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC MYprime Horizon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paumurp

Was onto Series three of watching Walking Dead on MyPrime only to find it now not available because the licence has expired. What is the point of putting 5 series' of a show up for a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Its been there since last year in the boxsets section ( Long before myprime was launched)!I watched it over Christmas.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057316663

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

I'm about to commit to another 12 months with UPC (in exchange presumably for negotiating a healthy discount), so I've been doing my homework around alternatives.
    The marketing material and the claims therein for Prime is hilarious!
    It doesn't help that it's taken me days to figure out what the product is, or how it differs from the previous 'on demand' offering. I actually spend a bunch of time with tech support last year because I was baffled at the lack of co tent on the on demand on my shiny new Horizon box compared to 12 months prior to that. Now they seem to have continued to invest in the hardware and infrastructure, but completely failed to negotiate any content for the Irish market. which wouldn't be so bad of they weren't presenting it as dominating over Sky and Netflix (they conveniently compare UPC to Sky on price, but not Netflix, and don't mention number of titles). Unless something's wrong with my setup, I count 8 movies currently, a small selection of children's programmes and a bunch of series of 'Castle' and old series of Love/Hate.

You know the content is lacking when the suggestions for similar programmes to "13 Assassins" are:
    a) "13 Assassins" (a presumably adult movie containing violence)
    and
    b) "S01 of Paddington Bear" ( an animated series about a small, harmless animated bear - even if his movie did recently attract a PG rating in the UK...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

PaulPriest wrote: »
    Unless something's wrong with my setup, I count 8 movies currently, a small selection of children's programmes and a bunch of series of 'Castle' and old series of Love/Hate.

There is something wrong with your setup, there are currently 151 movies, 82 TV series and 30 kids' series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Do you mean all free or are you including the pay to view stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

there is about 160 free movies in the myprime free section.

I don't think mine displays anything like that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

beauf wrote: »

Ring UPC . . . probably a screw-up on their part. Look for comps for all the days you've been deprived of their massive selection :rolleyes:. I got €20 knocked off my bill because they screwed up a software upgrade over a weekend.

The above posters are right - you should be seeing a shedload of free movies on there. Most of which you've already seen if you ever wanted to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

beauf wrote: »

I think you're looking in the old VOD section and not the Myprime section.

VOD?

I go on demand, my prime (I think). I watched Open Range and the first episode of Walking Dead

• Advertisement

There I was flicking around,as usual reading whats on,instead of watching whats on,cos theres never anything on:D..Then I came across my prime..begod say I "Some stuff here I would watch"....and it says it free,as opposed to the movies that you pay for...Pressed the button to watch the Guard,,and what did I see...press ok to subscribe.."Subscribe" says I to meself,and they only after raising me bill lately....well me blood pressure was raised after that..Relax said Mrs Looby,the spike is on the sky box in the Kitchen, "WHY would I want to see that big needle in the middle of Dublin " says I....Ah never mind,the Guard might be on at Christmas
    Regards
    An Unhappy Pakie

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

There is something wrong with your setup, there are currently 151 movies, 82 TV series and 30 kids' series.

FWIW, shortly after reading these responses and going back in on the telly - the content magically appeared (the folders only had pictures of one or two titles, but after descending one at a time, they magically appeared full of goodies).

Then, after that the content magically appeared on the Prime Go apps too.
    So either someone did something, or my beligerence in browsing it finally caused it to wakeup.

Still nothing I'm going to watch though given I have Netflix, and various catchup services...

Advertisement