Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Aye, got the emails there about 5 minutes after posting..... Typical! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Balls.

Just got paid aaaannnddd OOS.

Wonder if the deal will come back on in the morning. Hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's been out since yesterday at 1, and they have it the phone and tablet back in stock separately so I'd say the promotion price is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

When trading in phone at cex do you need receipt with the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

RossieMan wrote: »
    i'd be interested if you're selling.

Couldn't resist opening it sorry! One minor niggle I have is the noise in the earphones when plugged in but not playing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Conar

When trading in phone at cex do you need receipt with the phone

No. You just sign a receipt for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Must actually say for a "cheap" tablet it actually runs pretty decently. compared to my Aldi Android Tablet(which is made by lenovo) which has roughly same spec as each other, but the Intel Atom makes a big difference(personally) also i like the way its like a nexus
    glad i went for it. given me a new light on windows 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Jhcx wrote: »
    Must actually say for a "cheap" tablet it actually runs pretty decently. compared to my Aldi Android Tablet(which is made by lenovo) which has roughly same spec as each other, but the Intel Atom makes a big difference(personally) also i like the way its like a nexus
    glad i went for it. given me a new light on windows 8.
    mine keeps freezing and then takes over 5 minutes to restart, it wont go into windows update to check for updates either, just freezes when you click on check for updates. battery is also rubbish and won't last a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

foggy_lad wrote: »
    mine keeps freezing and then takes over 5 minutes to restart, it wont go into windows update to check for updates either, just freezes when you click on check for updates. battery is also rubbish and won't last a day!

Got a lemon by sounds of it. Battery only lasts about 6 hrs but I treat it like my laptop no faith at all.

are many people having issues with the tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Windows store doesn't work on mine. I have fully working internet connection, yet all I get is this screen:

image12.png?75a050

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Mine is being delivered this morning. Hopefully in good working order.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

GBX wrote: »
    Mine is being delivered this morning. Hopefully in good working order.

Mine is going to be delivered today to a random neighbours house, such is the general approach by DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Got the mail confirming delivery today. However, it is saying that I only ordered the tablet @ 69.99. My original order, thankfully, has the correct detail for both items. Call made at 8.00. They'll call me back after 9.00. Popcorn at the ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

dodzy wrote: »
    Got the mail confirming delivery today. However, it is saying that I only ordered the tablet @ 69.99. My original order, thankfully, has the correct detail for both items. Call made at 8.00. They'll call me back after 9.00. Popcorn at the ready.

You sure you didn't get 3 separate emails?

I first thought they had only sent the phone, then scrolled down and the other two emails (sim and table) were below, stacked together in Gmail conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone not impressed and looking to sell I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The €30 off promotion wont seem to apply for me???

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got mine this morning. I'll try it out later on and see if there are any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

J o e wrote: »
    You sure you didn't get 3 separate emails?

I first thought they had only sent the phone, then scrolled down and the other two emails (sim and table) were below, stacked together in Gmail conversation.
    . Thanks J O E. I'm a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

podge3 wrote: »
    Mine arrived also.

The Lumia is on its way to Cex via An Post. Cost me €7.50 but the nearest Cex is about 50 miles away. So total price for the tab for me will be €50ish once Cex pay out.

I went through Fatcheese so that'll be €10 if it comes through - which is kinda doubtful, but worth a try.

Thanks again OP.
    Hmmmmm, I could have a problem with my postal delivery to Cex.

There was an attempted delivery at 08.00 this morning but the tracking is showing as "NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS" :mad:

Anyone know if An Post will try again as its a business premises or just store it at the sorting centre as they do for residential undelivered stuff. I can't see Cex staff going to collect it:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tinie wrote: »
    The €30 off promotion wont seem to apply for me???

The promotion is probably over. So its doubtful you will get it at this price now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

podge3 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, I could have a problem with my postal delivery to Cex.

There was an attempted delivery at 08.00 this morning but the tracking is showing as "NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS" :mad:

Anyone know if An Post will try again as its a business premises or just store it at the sorting centre as they do for residential undelivered stuff. I can't see Cex staff going to collect it:mad:.

I had a lot of problems dealing with them and delivery. Got sorted but took weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Set up tablet, no problems at all. Works great, no flickering, runs smoothly. Looking forward to giving it a good run tonight.

Bargain of the month. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mr E wrote: »
    Bargain of the month. :)

I totally agree. Missus dared to say "but do you need them?"

At that price, of course I do. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mine arrived this morning too, will look at it when I'm home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

got mine this morning. don't even need to go to CEX as the guy sitting beside me bought the phone for €45. need to get some work done so trying to do resist opening and setting up the tablet. i should really just check it out though shouldn't I.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ablelocks wrote: »
    got mine this morning. don't even need to go to CEX as the guy sitting beside me bought the phone for €45. need to get some work done so trying to do resist opening and setting up the tablet. i should really just check it out though shouldn't I.....

Your work will suffer more if you don't open it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Mine arrived today. Had a bit of a play around with it and very impressed so far. It's a lot snappier than I expected and build quality is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Have installed bluestacks and also run virtual machines of android x86 and ubuntu but was a 2gb version similar to this tablet
    it worked but it's not like running a native OS, bluestacks was a bit stuttery when scrolling webpage or with basic game

Ah ok, can't expect too much from it so.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If anyone wants to unload the tablet due to understandable panic purchase syndrome - give me a shout.

Still might buy it at €69 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I totally agree. Missus dared to say "but do you need them?"

At that price, of course I do. Lol

Mission Statement for Bargain Alerts that!

Mine has just arrived. Sent it to my work so going in to have a gander now during my lunch.

Advertisement