Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Has anybody managed to connect to a TV? My TV is recognised but no display. I exchanged my tablet as I thought that was the problem but the new one is the same. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,051 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

hollster2 wrote: »
    Is the Lumia 530 any good need a new phone and was just wondering?

Played around with it a bit, seems okay, display seems kind of poor though, no front camera either, maybe okay for light use but might get annoying if using alot

i like the touched skin on kodi or is there a remote app that works for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

i like the touched skin on kodi or is there a remote app that works for it?

I have been using the Yatse remote control on my android phone to control kodi on the windows tablet. Works really well, makes kodi very easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

ok thanks I ordered it a few minutes ago not a big phone person just for calls texts so hope it will be ok

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hollster2 wrote: »
    ok thanks I ordered it a few minutes ago not a big phone person just for calls texts so hope it will be ok

Its a basic lumia but it can handle a lot more than calls and texts. I have used one for about 2 months without any issue. Ask if you have any questions or the windows devices forum is HERE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Davy wrote: »
    Its a basic lumia but it can handle a lot more than calls and texts. I have used one for about 2 months without any issue. Ask if you have any questions or the windows devices forum is HERE
    Cheers davy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭pah

I've found pressing the windows button and power button together gives you the lock screen, log out and shut down options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

inel wrote: »
    There is also this program, called TouchMousePointer (check google, cannot post link), that might help a bit if you are facing difficulties with the small screen/size.

It helps by making part of the touch screen into a track-pad that controls a standard cursor.

thought id like it but now i think ill just offload to adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

unkel wrote: »
    Any wizzard in here manage to run Windows 10 on their Linx 7 yet?

I'm going to wait for the consumer preview and put that on. Running the tech preview on my laptop, very impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Is this bargain alert still an option?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Simon_K wrote: »
    Is this bargain alert still an option?

No its over, phone is now €50 by itself and tablet €70 on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Stupid question but do CeX need the sim or just the phone?

remoteboy wrote: »
    Stupid question but do CeX need the sim or just the phone?

Just the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm not finding the tablet great for browsing.
    Resolution means sites like Boards looks bad and Chrome is much slower in this than Android.

For kodi I am more impressed than I expected as long as you're happy with the relatively low resolution.

Using explorer in desktop mode is a chore with small fonts. Stylus helps.

Nice that the included an USB OTG cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Sold 2 x Lumias in Tallaght earlier. Got the A price for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Resolution means sites like Boards looks bad and Chrome is much slower in this than Android.

For kodi I am more impressed than I expected as long as you're happy with the relatively low resolution.

Using explorer in desktop mode is a chore with small fonts. Stylus helps.

Nice that the included an USB OTG cable.

I set boards to the touch site only way on a tablet. Chrome launched in windows 8 mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 egphy7dsm93tk5

I'm not finding the tablet great for browsing. Resolution means sites like Boards looks bad and Chrome is much slower in this than Android.

You know there's an app in the windows store for chrome along with many more? As for the boards in the desktop version just use the zoom feature, may help

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Traded phone in cex sligo, 20 minutes no problems €46 cash no mention about the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Traded phone in cex sligo, 20 minutes no problems €46 cash no mention about the headphones.

Got the same in Liffey Street Dublin. No mention of headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Happy with it so far. Has a nice feel to it and familiarity with the Windows OS helps. Although I am still a 7 user on my desktop and didn't think much of 8 on it when I did try it. Having tried it on the Linx, you can see why it is very much a tablet based OS.

Anyway, first impressions are grand, particularly for the money spent on it. Even if it is likely to be a bridge tablet till I find something I want to spend some proper money on it.

As for the phone, looks like I'm going to find a good home for it with my future mother-in-law. The fiancee has been saying she its time for her to move on to a touch phone so I'm going for extra brownie points and passing it on that way. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

One thing I found was that browsing boards, on selecting the touch site it kept redirecting to the regular site. Unlike android where it automatically went to the touch site. ill find a workaround yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

damian139 wrote: »

Yeah seen that earlier, very rare that the Irish get a better deal than the brits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

J o e wrote: »
    Hold on desktop -> screen resolution -> make text and other items larger or smaller

I took delivery of one of these today but can't change this setting as it appears disabled. How can I re-enable? Is it permissions related?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone else finding that it takes a while to fully charge? is this down to the tablet or the charger? my guess is the charger so I'm going to try a different one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Seen some one on here selling there tablet on adverts for a 30 euro profit. It's these sort of phone I hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

RossieMan wrote: »
    Seen some one on here selling there tablet on adverts for a 30 euro profit. It's these sort of phone I hate.

You don't know how much anyone has paid for their tablet! Not everyone got the phone with tablet deal and not everyone has bought their tablet off the meteor site!

ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone else finding that it takes a while to fully charge? is this down to the tablet or the charger? my guess is the charger so I'm going to try a different one tonight.

Yes, noticed this too. Tried with my mobile charger but it's very loose in the micro USB port.
    RossieMan wrote: »

Report them - that's against the Adverts rules.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You don't know how much anyone has paid for their tablet! Not everyone got the phone with tablet deal and not everyone has bought their tablet off the meteor site!

Well....
    dodzy wrote: »
    Got the mail confirming delivery today.

followed by...
    dodzy wrote: »
    thought id like it but now i think ill just offload to adverts

followed by ...

Tablet listed for €70 asking price
    http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/brand-new-linx-7-windows-tablet-33gb/7322524

Mobile listed for €50 asking price
    http://www.adverts.ie/nokia/nokia-530-meteor-new-boxed/7337813

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

leex wrote: »
    I took delivery of one of these today but can't change this setting as it appears disabled. How can I re-enable? Is it permissions related?

Try control panel /display. Check windows is activated. The first tablet I got wasnt activated for some reason and had to phone activate it. I couldn't adjust some settings until it was activated.

Advertisement