Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alltech Craft Brews & Food 2015

Options
  • 26-01-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Alltech Craft Brews & Food 2015 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Dublin’s Convention Centre

Tickets are now on sale from €15 from the Fair’s website. All tickets will include four free drink and food tokens, a souvenir glass, and free entertainment.

www.eu.alltechbrewsandfood.com

Is anyone going?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yep, it's always been good for beers that aren't otherwise available here. Last year they had a Welsh bar because Ireland was playing Wales in the Six Nations. I understand it's the same again this year, except with England instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Yes Ill be going, its unmissable for beer nerds IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bumping this for the weekend.

Who's going? what's not to miss etc. etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'm going on Saturday. I see Blacks will have a whiskey and a rum edition of Model T. Haven't seen much else that's special yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

DarrenG wrote:
    I'm going on Saturday. I see Blacks will have a whiskey and a rum edition of Model T. Haven't seen much else that's special yet.

Going Saturday too, redwell will be there too with white Ipa and a few of there core range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Going on the Saturday as well. Anyone who was there last year, how large were the measures of beer last year? Similar to the ICBF?

I'll be along, Friday evening and Saturday. Can't quite remember what the measures were, 200ml odd? Less than half a pint anyway.

There are a couple of unfamiliar Spanish and Hungarian breweries I'm looking forward to, plus my first go of Wicklow Brewing beer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll be there around lunchtime on Saturday. First time going to a proper beer fest/fair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Won tickets to this on Twitter so going to head in on Saturday evening. What time will it be open until on Saturday? Not the biggest rugby fan so I don't really want to head in until all the rugby is finished and the music has started.

Closes at 9 and the CCD security guys tend to be pretty strict about chucking out then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Won tickets to this on Twitter so going to head in on Saturday evening. What time will it be open until on Saturday? Not the biggest rugby fan so I don't really want to head in until all the rugby is finished and the music has started.

I wouldn't worry to much about the rugby as the Ireland v England game is not until Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry to much about the rugby as the Ireland v England game is not until Sunday.

Thank god! it was a mare trying to get around with the match on last year. I understand them putting it on to get people in the door, but took from the experience imho. cant wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm heading on Sunday, assuming it's the same as the beeefest? No cash only tokens? How much are the tokens?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm still waiting for my free tickets to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm heading on Sunday, assuming it's the same as the beeefest? No cash only tokens? How much are the tokens?

Last year it was €10 for 3 tokens. Each token gets you 200ml of beer. According to last years thread, anyway - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057136371

That's €9.46 a pint, on my calculations.

I'll go to one of the many decent pubs around town and get two pints for that, instead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

boreder wrote: »
    Last year it was €10 for 3 tokens. Each token gets you 200ml of beer. According to last years thread, anyway - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057136371

I'll go to one of the many decent pubs around town and get two pints for that, instead.

Is correct.

Myself and two friends went there last year and were aghast at the price gouging and the generally odd Father Tedlike vibe in the place. We couldn't drink up and leave quick enough.

Which, considering they give you thimbles for your beer, we were able to achieve rather quickly. Would never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Guess I'll be drinking Imperial IPA's and Stouts so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

boreder wrote: »

Maynard wrote: »
    Is correct.

Myself and two friends went there last year and were aghast at the price gouging and the generally odd Father Tedlike vibe in the place. We couldn't drink up and leave quick enough.

Which, considering they give you thimbles for your beer, we were able to achieve rather quickly. Would never go back.

Yis are doing it wrong lads. Didn't buy a single drink last year. Most people are dead generous with their tasters and there's what, a hundred beers or something. By the time I'd gone round getting all the free tastes of different things I must of had a good five or six pints in me, rookies.

If you really like your beer then the 15 quid is worth it just as a cover charge in to sample all the amazing beers, many of which you just can't get in this country, and the specials some of which you won't be able to get anywhere again after the dealy. Plus you get to chat away to the brewer lads and all that which can be good craic, love talking to anyone that passionate about anything me. I consider the four tokens freebies tbh.

Thanks for the replies to my earlier question.

Surely the price of nine euro odd for a pint can't be right. I asked Rascal's Brewery on twitter how much a pint will be and they said 5euro. I assume most of the brewery's will be the same?

• Advertisement

They may not have twigged you were asking about Alltech. Alltech doesn't have pints.

True enough but I also asked Alltech themselves.
    Their response was "Recommended 4 tokens (5euro) = pint under 7% ABV, half pint over 7%ABV"

Obviously the "recommended" part could mean anything. It would be a ridiculous situation if they're selling pints for the equivalent of nine euro when within walking distance you could find plenty of pubs selling craft beer for half that price. It would really take the good out of the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got a response
    Its a clear plastic cup that's reusable, almost like a plastic glass. It's 500mls, tokens are €1.25. So 4 tokens = 1 eco cup

Eww plastic, although they do judge the homebrew stuff using plastic

RasTa wrote: »
    Got a response

Eww plastic, although they do judge the homebrew stuff using plastic

"The ticket price not only includes entry, but also four free tokens that can be redeemed for food or beverage and a souvenir glass"

Is the glass for take home purposes only?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is the glass for take home purposes only?
    I think a more likely interpretation is that by "glass" they mean "plastic eco-cup".

BeerNut wrote: »
    I think a more likely interpretation is that by "glass" they mean "plastic eco-cup".

A souvenir plastic cup? Haha!

I still use mine from Septemberfest 2009. Very handy for travelling.
    plastic_zpsndgdyar5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Lyons values Alltec at about $3billion....could have splashed out on glass and reduced the price of a drink in fairness :-)

was talking to him last year, very nice,down to earth bloke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Maybe not allowed to use glass?

• Advertisement

Maybe not allowed to use glass?

It's probably like the Beerfest at the IFSC in that they weren't allowed to use class. I think that was an insurance issue?

Does make you wonder how they get away with it in the RDS?

Advertisement