Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Vincent, Iveagh Gardens, 10th July

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭

Was going to try to keep it to myself but there you go :D

Tickets from €36 on sale this Thursday.

Amazing live!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

now thats interestin..thisll be sold out in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

Delighted with this news. Was one of my most anticipated acts on the run up to EP and didn't dissapont me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Olympia gig was gig of the year for me in 2014.

But I have tickets to The Producers on July 10th! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Great stuff. She's fantastic live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah this should be really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Friday evening in July... this sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

She is also playing Cork Opera house on July 13 and the Galway arts festival on July 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Peter File wrote: »
    She is also playing Cork Opera house on July 13 and the Galway arts festival on July 14.

Is this confirmed? Don't see it on the Cork Opera House site.

Edit: found it as an article on their site but not in the what's on section.

What's the Iveagh Gardens like for a gig lads? Any past experiences there? And what are we talking in terms of number of tickets available? Might try for both there and Cork, on sale at 09:00 and 10:00 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What's the Iveagh Gardens like for a gig lads? Any past experiences there? And what are we talking in terms of number of tickets available? Might try for both there and Cork, on sale at 09:00 and 10:00 respectively.

It's a top venue for a gig, especially if the weather plays ball. Right in the middle of town, comfortably holds about 5k with good sight lines and sound. Little or no queuing time at the bar.

Saw Grizzly Bear there a few years ago, had a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think its about 5000 in th eveagh gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not many tickets left for Cork, got 2 4th row seats yesterday, 1000 capacity.

Not many tickets left for Cork, got 2 4th row seats yesterday, 1000 capacity.

Did you get a call today to say that they're changed it and the downstairs is now standing instead of sitting? I'd gotten two tickets in the dead centre of row D of the stalls so was rightly annoyed! Was able to exchange them for centre of the second row of the balcony so not too bad, I guess.

Bought two tickets for the Iveagh Gardens gig so might choose one over the other (likely Cork as I've somewhere to stay) or just go to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Did you get a call today to say that they're changed it and the downstairs is now standing instead of sitting? I'd gotten two tickets in the dead centre of row D of the stalls so was rightly annoyed! Was able to exchange them for centre of the second row of the balcony so not too bad, I guess.

Bought two tickets for the Iveagh Gardens gig so might choose one over the other (likely Cork as I've somewhere to stay) or just go to both.

I did, quite disappointed, I got balcony seats too instead

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mew added as support.

Guess I'll be going to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

maximoose wrote: »
    Mew added as support.

Guess I'll be going to this :)

Ah here, if that happens in Cork I may need to rearrange some travel plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Nearly time for this! \o/

Stage times anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kissyfer

From Leagues on twitter
    Doors 7pm/ Mew 7.30pm/ St. Vincent 8.45pm (subject to change)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent :)

Here's hoping the weather holds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

maximoose wrote: »
    Excellent :)

Here's hoping the weather holds.

Have bad flu and now can't go. :(

If anyone is going would appreciate if you could take some pics and post them here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like it will be quite a stormy day on Tuesday for the gig in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

How long will their set be d'ya reckon?

I have a ticket but probably won't get there till 9:45, so will miss the first hour at least. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Easy Rod wrote: »

I have a ticket but probably won't get there till 9:45, so will miss the first hour at least. :(

Can't imagine her playing much more than 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Birneybau wrote: »
    Can't imagine her playing much more than 90 minutes.

Recent sets seem to top out at about 18 songs, so I'd very much think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Easy Rod wrote: »

Going by her last few sets, she will only play for about 70-80 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭caviardreams

*Wow* Never realised she was such a great guitarist until now - what a night.
    Started about 9pm and finished up about 10:45ish after a rather mindblowing Your Lips Are Red.
    Great to hear (and see!) The Party - one of my faves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

*Wow* Never realised she was such a great guitarist until now - what a night.
    Started about 9pm and finished up about 10:45ish after a rather mindblowing Your Lips Are Red.
    Great to hear (and see!) The Party - one of my faves.

I first heard of her when Si Neil (who he?) plugged her and Marnie Stern as guitarists he found striking and innovative. Seemed odd when I listened to her (third) album, as it really didn't seem that guitar-heavy as such. But when one sees her play live (only on the telly thus far for me) it's pretty striking all right, especially given the performance art/haute couture presentation otherwise.

The web channel "Guitar Moves" did an interview with her, which serves to remove any remaining doubt what a big ol' guitar nerd she is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Great gig, she's crackers though but I love it :D brought a friend who hadn't listened to her and she really enjoyed it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

She must've started late because I managed to get a good hour of it in. She's some woman, what a performer.

I've heard people moaning lately about crowds but that was a pretty poor one. I'm not the biggest St Vincent fan but I'm there to watch and listen to the show, not stand around and talk ****e to my mate....very talkative crowd and I was close to the front.

One bird in front of us was so coked out of it she threw a sambo into the crowd and was facing the opposite way for the whole of the encore. Just a terrible person all around.

Advertisement