Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing my PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Asmooh wrote: »
    OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. <- legal? do you use this serial somewhere else or made a pic?

CPU- Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz <- 20 euro (outdated, lowest price found was from 08-2012 and was 55 euro)
    Ram- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz <- 20 euro
    Mobo- ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket) -< 30 euro (current price totally new is: € 54,95)
    GPU- 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series <- 25 euro (too old to even find a good price)
    PSU- Corsair 430w < 20 euro (worth nothing)

so 115 euro exc windows if you are lucky

I've decided against the selling part now (title may be misleading sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

9bred4 wrote: »
    I got the graphics card. Now looking into the CPU and a MOBO. Struggling on how to choose a mobo? Any ideas
    Do you need a new motherboard? If you get a socket 1155 i5 you can just slot it in to your current one.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Do you need a new motherboard? If you get a socket 1155 i5 you can just slot it in to your current one.

I'm maybe looking to build a 2nd rig so I would. An i5 and a new mobo will be needed. Any ideas? i5's seem to be hard to get but mobo's are just confusing to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I haven't followed this thread (so sorry if this has already been covered), but I have a H61 mATX 1155 board lying around, and a couple of 1155 CPUs as well. 9bred4, feel free to shoot me a PM if they're of any interest.

Serephucus wrote: »
    I haven't followed this thread (so sorry if this has already been covered), but I have a H61 mATX 1155 board lying around, and a couple of 1155 CPUs as well. 9bred4, feel free to shoot me a PM if they're of any interest.

PM sent there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. <- legal? do you use this serial somewhere else or made a pic?

CPU- Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz <- 20 euro (outdated, lowest price found was from 08-2012 and was 55 euro)
    Ram- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz <- 20 euro
    Mobo- ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket) -< 30 euro (current price totally new is: € 54,95)
    GPU- 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series <- 25 euro (too old to even find a good price)
    PSU- Corsair 430w < 20 euro (worth nothing)

so 115 euro exc windows if you are lucky

Please your pricing is ridiculous. Most of those parts are not that old. They don't suddenly lose 75% of their value.

8gb ddr3 is around €70 at the moment, how do you price it at €20?

€25 for a graphics card that's worth €80 new? Please.

Corsair 430w PSu worth nothing? Sorry it's worth €45 new assuming it's the CX. At least €30 second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd love to know where I can get 16gb DDR3 for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bloodbath beat me to it. Nonsense post.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Serephucus wrote: »
    I actually have a couple of 1155 CPUs lying around, if they're of any interest to you. An i3 3220, and an i5 3570K, I think.

Hey you have an i5 3570k just lying around? What?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

BloodBath wrote: »
    Please your pricing is ridiculous. Most of those parts are not that old. They don't suddenly lose 75% of their value.

8gb ddr3 is around €70 at the moment, how do you price it at €20?

€25 for a graphics card that's worth €80 new? Please.

Corsair 430w PSu worth nothing? Sorry it's worth €45 new assuming it's the CX. At least €30 second hand.

Crucial CT2KIT51264BF160BJ (kit): 62,00
    Crucial CT51264BA160BJ (1x4gb): € 32,55
    Corsair CX430M: € 49,95

The 7700 is a old video card.. and yes for products that are new you can get a max of 60% but the products above are 2+ years old so its close to 40% max.

• Advertisement

The 7700 is a old video card.. and yes for products that are new you can get a max of 60% but the products above are 2+ years old so its close to 40% max.

You should check out adverts to gauge second hand prices, HD7770 still go for 55-60. I was pricing them up a month or two back as was considering selling mine on.

I have a very similar pc for the living room as a media centre, would be very surprised if it sold for less than €200, mainly as there is still a decent upgrade path there for processor etc.

Dard23 wrote: »
    Hey you have an i5 3570k just lying around? What?!!

From a couple of builds ago. Keep meaning to put a bunch of stuff on Adverts, haven't got around to it.

And Asmooh, it's not as clear cut as that. You can often get around 70% or more for a product second hand, but you have to look also at the modern alternatives to a given component.

There is no magic forumula to what something is worth. It's worth what the going rate for the item in question is.

7770's sell for 60-70, 7750s for 50-60.

You would easily get 30 for the cx430.

8GB DDR3 would easily fetch 50.

Those are the prices those items sell for today on Adverts and Ebay - sometimes more.

There is no magic forumula to what something is worth. It's worth what the going rate for the item in question is.

7770's sell for 60-70, 7750s for 50-60.

You would easily get 30 for the cx430.

8GB DDR3 would easily fetch 50.

Those are the prices those items sell for today on Adverts and Ebay - sometimes more.

yes... but 50 euro for memory if the new price is 62?

Look for yourself on adverts and Ebay. That is the price they fetch. Besides, 62 is from where, hardwareversand? Postage is very high. If someone just wants a stick of ram that's no good to them. Hardwareversand is only good value if you're buying a few things, not single items.

The price people are willing to pay is what something is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

You can get some amazing second hand deals amoosh.
    lowest price (new) was 249 euro on 11 nov 2014, it's out of date..

lowest price (new) was 249 euro on 11 nov 2014, it's out of date..
    indeed, just travel back in time and purchase it!

Lu Tze wrote: »
    indeed, just travel back in time and purchase it!
    just because it gets more expensive doesnt mean its worth it.. because that means that my super old pentium 1 is worth few 1000 because it was the latest known highest price at the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

yes... but 50 euro for memory if the new price is 62?

I'm going to assume you've never actually bought something second hand - because the way you're going on is nothing short of deluded. No seller would even entertain you. The second hand price of something is what the market is willing to pay for it.

I think you're the closest manifestation of the adverts.ie troll who offers a half-eaten snickers for €100 items.

• Advertisement

I'm going to assume you've never actually bought something second hand - because the way you're going on is nothing short of deluded. No seller would even entertain you. The second hand price of something is what the market is willing to pay for it.

I think you're the closest manifestation of the adverts.ie troll who offers a half-eaten snickers for €100 items.
    I don't buy computer parts second hand, but I do sell (okay im used to holland instead or ireland) but the general rule (also for buying) is depending on the age of the product its between 40-60% of the lowest new price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't buy computer parts second hand, but I do sell (okay im used to holland instead or ireland) but the general rule (also for buying) is depending on the age of the product its between 40-60% of the lowest new price.

Give me a shout if you're selling anything at those prices.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Give me a shout if you're selling anything at those prices.

I'll take a slice of that as well if you're getting rid of anything. :)

Advertisement