Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing my PC

Options
  • 26-01-2015 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Not entirely sure I'm allowed to do this but how much would a pc with these specs be worth?

OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.
    CPU- Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz
    Ram- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
    Mobo- ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket)
    GPU- 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    PSU- Corsair 430w

Inside a Bitfenix Prodigy case?

Mods feel free to delete/move/comment if I'm wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

9bred4 wrote: »
    Not entirely sure I'm allowed to do this but how much would a pc with these specs be worth?

OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.
    CPU- Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz
    Ram- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
    Mobo- ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket)
    GPU- 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    PSU- Corsair 430w

Inside a Bitfenix Prodigy case?

Mods feel free to delete/move/comment if I'm wrong.

Not very much I'm afraid, I wouldn't pay more than 2/300 for that and that'd feel like a lot to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Eogclouder wrote: »
    Not very much I'm afraid, I wouldn't pay more than 2/300 for that and that'd feel like a lot to me.

Doesn't bother me too much. PC was put together on old parts from upgrades!

If I put it up for 350 would you think I'd get a biter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What kind of storage?

I'd put it up at €400 and look at accepting offers over 350.

BloodBath wrote: »
    What kind of storage?

I'd put it up at €400 and look at accepting offers over 350.

It only has 500gb but I have a second 500gb I'd throw in it too for it. So 1TB essentially. Im just looking at doing a clearout too so I've a spare PSU id nearly throw in too just to get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would say you would be lucky to get 300 realistically. Very low end CPU with entry level graphics card.

If you're looking to upgrade, a socket 1155 i5 and a gtx750ti would be a huge upgrade for about 220 euro.

I would say you would be lucky to get 300 realistically. Very low end CPU with entry level graphics card.

If you're looking to upgrade, a socket 1155 i5 and a gtx750ti would be a huge upgrade for about 220 euro.

Its just im sick of the constant need for upgrade, so considering selling

Well to be fair if you bought a decent processor you wouldn't need to, the G860 would have been low-end three years ago! If you'd bought an i5 a few years ago it would still be fine today for the latest games. :p

So what GPU and CPU should I be looking at getting? I can upgrade my PSU to 500w as I have a Corsair lying about.

It depends on how much you want to spend.

You could grab a second hand Ivybridge i5 and something like a R9 280 for around €300. Maybe an SSD while your'e at it. The 430w PSU would be fine.

• Advertisement

It depends on how much you want to spend.

You could grab a second hand Ivybridge i5 and something like a R9 280 for around €300. Maybe an SSD while your'e at it. The 430w PSU would be fine.

And what sort of level are they considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That depends entirely on what you expect to do with it.

What games? What resolution? 1080? 1440? 4k? What settings?

That depends entirely on what you expect to do with it.

What games? What resolution? 1080? 1440? 4k? What settings?

I'd like to be able to play games as they come out. Now I'm not exactly a stickler for graphics but I like a nice looking game! Only thing is I use my 40'' LED tv so I'm imagining that makes it harder. But yeah, usually FPS or a racer!

Ivybridge i5's are still very powerful cpu's. I'm using 1 myself and don't anticipate having to upgrade it for at least another 3 years.

The R9 280 is the best value mid range card that will run most games on high-max settings at 1080p with 60 fps.

Ivybridge i5's are still very powerful cpu's. I'm using 1 myself and don't anticipate having to upgrade it for at least another 3 years.

The R9 280 is the best value mid range card that will run most games on high-max settings at 1080p with 60 fps.

And finally! Where is the best place to shop? Amazon or elsewhere?

You might have to shop around to look for a second hand ivybridge i5.

Try adverts.ie and maybe ebay.

For the card Amazon is probably your best bet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAPPHIRE-AMD-Graphics-Card-DDR5/dp/B00IRTXPBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422893810&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+280

You might have to shop around to look for a second hand ivybridge i5.

Try adverts.ie and maybe ebay.

For the card Amazon is probably your best bet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAPPHIRE-AMD-Graphics-Card-DDR5/dp/B00IRTXPBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422893810&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+280

Could I get the GPU first then look for a CPU or would it bottleneck my current CPU?

Your CPU would be a bottleneck for some games but no doubt you should see a significant performance improvement with just the card.

Your CPU would be a bottleneck for some games but no doubt you should see a significant performance improvement with just the card.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FOR0086/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3

Is that a solid card? 4GB but price seems too good

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

4GB isnt really essential for 1080p gaming. Id get the 280 mentioned above over that 4gb 270x.

• Advertisement

Recurve360 wrote: »
    4GB isnt really essential for 1080p gaming. Id get the 280 mentioned above over that 4gb 270x.

But as far as future proofing goes? It's the same price for a gig or two more, otherwise I will get the 280

The 280 is the more powerful card. 3GB is loads for 1080p.

The 280 is the more powerful card. 3GB is loads for 1080p.

Perfect! Is it a bit big? Or is that just the image

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

But as far as future proofing goes? It's the same price for a gig or two more, otherwise I will get the 280

well it's not as good a card it just has more vram.

I have that r9 280, playing Shadow of Mordor on either very high or ultra on 1080 no problem and that's with an old enough i3. Seems like a beefy card, certainly for the money.

The card is quite big yes but should fit a prodigy case no problem but make sure of it.

You can actually still buy new ivybridge i5's which should be compatable with that board. The price is a bit high for that cpu though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-i5-3330-Ivybridge-Processor-Socket/dp/B008PDA9LE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422900784&sr=8-1&keywords=ivybridge+i5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I actually have a couple of 1155 CPUs lying around, if they're of any interest to you. An i3 3220, and an i5 3570K, I think.

This is a pretty good price and would serve you well. Postage should be free as well so 150 delivered to your door.

Their prices are all over the shop really, but with a database of 1000's of products I suppose it's hard to keep them all updated. There are some decent prices though to be had.

This is a pretty good price and would serve you well. Postage should be free as well so 150 delivered to your door.

Their prices are all over the shop really, but with a database of 1000's of products I suppose it's hard to keep them all updated. There are some decent prices though to be had.

So this and the 280?

I got the graphics card. Now looking into the CPU and a MOBO. Struggling on how to choose a mobo? Any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. <- legal? do you use this serial somewhere else or made a pic?

CPU- Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz <- 20 euro (outdated, lowest price found was from 08-2012 and was 55 euro)
    Ram- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz <- 20 euro
    Mobo- ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket) -< 30 euro (current price totally new is: € 54,95)
    GPU- 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series <- 25 euro (too old to even find a good price)
    PSU- Corsair 430w < 20 euro (worth nothing)

so 115 euro exc windows if you are lucky

Advertisement